5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

AshRK

I know he missed many chances in the cardiff game but one could see the talent he showcased that day. May sound strange but maybe once he fulfills his potential and becomes a top striker , we all might look back at that meaningless cardiff game.

Cathy Ferguson

I do not mind if Ole gives him the RW role and stick with him for a couple of months. Lingard and Mata are quite ineffective and if Greenwood can grab the chance there is no need to invest 100m in Sancho next summer :)

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Given Rashfords age and Greenwoods age, I think it's far likelier hes either a right inside forward for a while as he develops, or we switch to a 2 striker system. In 4 years Greenwood will be 21 while Rashford will be 25, right in his prime. You never know how it turns out, and long term definitely think Greenwood will be the #9 (provided his mentality stays good and stays injury free), but given the balance of the squad/need in certain positions, I think he's heading for the right wing for the near future. Can't see Rashford being moved back to the left in the short term tbh. Not a bad problem to have though!
I have strong suspicion that we will move for Sancho at some stage, and then Mason won’t really play on the right. Martial will likely be the odd one out at some point and leave I think, if we got Sancho. Going forward, I doubt we can keep players the profile of Rashford, Greenwood, Sancho, Martial and James happy as they all enter their prime simultaneously. Think Martial May well be a sub and wouldn’t want that.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I do not mind if Ole gives him the RW role and stick with him for a couple of months. Lingard and Mata are quite ineffective and if Greenwood can grab the chance there is no need to invest 100m in Sancho next summer :)
We should absolutely go for Sancho, regardless of how Greenwood develops. Martial will more likely be the odd man out, but if Sancho continues we have to move for him.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Given Rashfords age and Greenwoods age, I think it's far likelier hes either a right inside forward for a while as he develops, or we switch to a 2 striker system. In 4 years Greenwood will be 21 while Rashford will be 25, right in his prime. You never know how it turns out, and long term definitely think Greenwood will be the #9 (provided his mentality stays good and stays injury free), but given the balance of the squad/need in certain positions, I think he's heading for the right wing for the near future. Can't see Rashford being moved back to the left in the short term tbh. Not a bad problem to have though!
I think we'll move for Sancho next summer and that will simplify things somewhat next season. But for the time being, Mason hopefully will provide a threat from the right.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I think we'll move for Sancho next summer and that will simplify things somewhat next season. But for the time being, Mason hopefully will provide a threat from the right.
Sancho - Rashford - Greenwood in a fluid front 3 that can all move around depending on performances/opposition. That can be Sancho as the 10 behind both them as split strikers, or Rashford left, Greenwood ST, Sancho right. Though then again, Martial could get his shit together and make the step up his talent is capable of, or James/Chong can become starting level, etc. Loads of unknowns, not to mention Sancho not being a United player, but I do get the feeling we'll have Greenwood and Rashford long term as starters.

In Rainbows

I would still want Sancho. I eventually think Greenwood will play in the middle and it would be great to have England's best talent from the 2000 and 2001 born players.

bosnian_red

I have strong suspicion that we will move for Sancho at some stage, and then Mason won’t really play on the right. Martial will likely be the odd one out at some point and leave I think, if we got Sancho. Going forward, I doubt we can keep players the profile of Rashford, Greenwood, Sancho, Martial and James happy as they all enter their prime simultaneously. Think Martial May well be a sub and wouldn’t want that.
Agree. We'll see how it works out, and definitely see a scenario where Martial becomes a big player here of course, but think the likeliest outcome 5 years from now I'd say Martial would be gone (28 years old) while Rashford and Greenwood would be key players (26 and 22 years old). Until Sancho goes somewhere though, think we'll try to sign him every window.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Well at the very least we're developing some genuine competition. Let's see who's prepared to work their arse off, earn a place and fight to keep it.

Cathy Ferguson

We should absolutely go for Sancho, regardless of how Greenwood develops. Martial will more likely be the odd man out, but if Sancho continues we have to move for him.
True. For a short moment I forgot that our LW is not sorted, but I agree and I do not have high hopes for Martial. He is too inconsistent and his work rate is not top notch. Greenwood - Rashford - Sancho would set us up for the next ten years, and I guess it will be Greenwood who eventually will be our No 9 :drool:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
True. For a short moment I forgot that our LW is not sorted, but I agree and I do not have high hopes for Martial. He is too inconsistent and his work rate is not top notch. Greenwood - Rashford - Sancho would set us up for the next ten years, and I guess it will be Greenwood who eventually will be our No 9 :drool:
We could fit them all in tbh. Greenwood and Rashford are both flexible enough to drop deep and pick the ball up like Rooney/rvp used too. As long as our CM can handle the workload we would be fine. Especially the home matches we would score plenty.

shayanr

A flexible, interchanging front three of Greenwood, Rashford and Sancho next season does sounds terrific as all three of them are comfortable playing anywhere across the forward positions.

MG9
MR10
JS7

:drool::drool::drool:

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
A flexible, interchanging front three of Greenwood, Rashford and Sancho next season does sounds terrific as all three of them are comfortable playing anywhere across the forward positions.

MG9
MR10
JS7

I think I need to change my underwear now.

Erics_Collar

Special kid.

Here's hoping Ole isn't just saying what we want to hear. I have a bad feeling that we'll still persevere with Sanchez, Martial and Lukaku ahead of him in the depth chart.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
What a player. So direct and just brilliant to watch. He is ready and better than any option we have for RW

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
If this kid doesn't become a star I just don't know anymore.

CM

Lovely goal, certainly looks ready for first team football.

Denis79

I don't like to overhype young players but it does make you wonder if we actually need to sign another striker if Lukaku is sold.
Always hard to tell how things would transpire but I agree with you, I would want Greenwood to play, on top of that it's the perfect season to play him. We aren't competing for the PL and we aren't in the CL.

Less pressure on the lad.

bosnian_red

Literally every time he steps on the pitch he looks like he'll score at least one. Woodwork and goal today, scored the last game, hit the woodwork the game before and missed a couple of chances, missed a few chances and hit the woodwork at the end of last season. He's just a natural striker with brilliant movement.

Strats

Wow.

He just proved his worth against somewhat proper opposition. He's ready.

Bye bye Jesse.

JawZ

MG9
MR10
JS7

Oh damn. I read it as Ji Sung 7. Let's hope JS7 means someone else... (not that Park wasn't any good:drool:)

Status
Not open for further replies.