5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gomes

We have a player on the bench who isn't even considered until the last 5 minutes. But yeah, let's sell Lukaku and Sanchez and not replace them.

Jacob

Think he might start against Crystal Palace with Fred coming in for Lingard and us changing back to 4-3-3 with Pogba as the most advanced midfielder.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Think he might start against Crystal Palace with Fred coming in for Lingard and us changing back to 4-3-3 with Pogba as the most advanced midfielder.
No chance. Lingard will definitely start, Mata or Pereira will come in for James.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Needs more than 5 minutes. God knows why the subs were so late

RedDevilRoshi

Really don’t know why he was subbed on very late

Would like to see him start against Palace but reckon he’ll be used off the bench

Raven

Left the subs far too late. Should have switched James for Greenwood around the 60th.

Sylar

Left the subs far too late. Should have switched James for Greenwood around the 60th.
I was thinking even 75 mins would have been ok, and enough time
But given James' yellow, I was also thinking about 50 :lol:

But im surprised this didnt happen earlier than it did.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Very irritated that we didn’t bring him on sooner. I was calling for him to come on from 65 minutes. I know he’s young, but if we’re chasing the winner and he’s the most offensive player on the bench - then why leave it till 88th minute unless the manager is happy with a draw?

Needs more time to make an impact.

I really hope so as that is possibly our best lineup. I don't think Fred will be fit enough for it though.

Either way, Greenwood needs to start getting some meaningful minutes. 5 minutes when we're chasing a goal and the current lot have long since run out of ideas is pointless.

Steven Seagull

It’s all part of the process. Still learning the ropes playing, warming up, developing tactical nous and learning how to deal with bigger crowds.

He will get some proper minutes in the Europa League and Cup matches and probably 25 minutes in games we are comfortable in.

Smores

This is what happened last season, loads got giddy and announced Ole as the saviour of the youth and then when he didn't actually give them proper minutes suddenly it was sensible and would have been stupid to play them.

We seem to be back to step 1 and i can see it going the same way. Hope I'm wrong as a few of these lads deserve as much chance as James does. We can't not make signings because of youth, supposedly, and then not even play them.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I think if anyone knows about how much time is required for a forward to have an impact from the bench, it would be Ole Solskjaer.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Very irritated that we didn’t bring him on sooner. I was calling for him to come on from 65 minutes. I know he’s young, but if we’re chasing the winner and he’s the most offensive player on the bench - then why leave it till 88th minute unless the manager is happy with a draw?

Needs more time to make an impact.
Think Ole was happy with a draw.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
This is what happened last season, loads got giddy and announced Ole as the saviour of the youth and then when he didn't actually give them proper minutes suddenly it was sensible and would have been stupid to play them.

We seem to be back to step 1 and i can see it going the same way. Hope I'm wrong as a few of these lads deserve as much chance as James does. We can't not make signings because of youth, supposedly, and then not even play them.
The squad tells you all you need to know about how highly he rates these youngsters. It’s a long season and we’ll need to utilise all of our squad. Getting ball ache about them not getting enough minutes in difficult early away fixtures is a bit fecking silly IMO.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
The squad tells you all you need to know about how highly he rates these youngsters. It’s a long season and we’ll need to utilise all of our squad. Getting ball ache about them not getting enough minutes in difficult early away fixtures is a bit fecking silly IMO.
The difficult fixture point can't be stated enough, on paper Chelsea are our bogey side and we've failed to beat Wolves once since they were promoted. In our "easier" next couple of fixtures I'd imagine we'll see more substantial minutes for Greenwood and Gomes. It's always important to get off to a strong start in the league so it's not the ideal time to be throwing the kids in the deep end.

RedStarUnited

Put this in context please, Mata came on and he has been shite nearly all of Oles reign. People are are getting a ball ache because we are wasting minutes on older players that could go elsewhere.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Put this in context please, Mata came on and he has been shite nearly all of Oles reign. People are are getting a ball ache because we are wasting minutes on older players that could go elsewhere.
Mata’s going nowhere, obviously. Take the scapegoats out of our squad and it goes from just lean enough to give kids a great opportunity to so thin it’s not fit for purpose.

I swear people are losing their fecking minds here. We’re obviously overstocked in central defence but in the areas of the pitch that Gomes and Greenwood play we’ve barely got enough players to last the season. Even more so if Sanchez moves on.

Stadjer

I took Lingard out and put Greenwood as a starter in the line up prediction for next game. It isnt going to happen but one can hope and dream....

Red Rash

At youth level is there more buzz about him than there was Ravel?
I think it's very similar from what I can remember of Ravel. He was also a step ahead of anyone else except maybe Pogba at the time so everyone had high hopes and saw him as a potential world beater

There is the same feeling around Greenwood in particular because of how he did in the under 23s despite being only 17. Although I would love to see more of him in the early part of this season the sensible option is probably to keep him on the bench and bring on when needed. Ideally he gets at least 30 minutes today

United58

At youth level is there more buzz about him than there was Ravel?
I'm looking forward to hearing what current players say what training with 16/17 Greenwood was like in a few years (they wouldn't hype him now while he's still so young) - I remember Rio saying he couldn't get near 18 year old Ravel in training, they said he was incredible.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
He should be steadily plying his trade with the U23s or out on loan in a lower league. Expecting him to come on and change games for us is really unfair on the kid. He's clearly special but it's too soon for him.

Raw

We can't just throw him in the deep end and expect him to win games for us. It's not always going to turn out like Rashford.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I'm not going to jump the gun like many people have in this thread in the past - but we need to see whether he has the mentality for it. Clearly has the talent, but we've had many talented players coming from our academy - and very few of those who had the mindset to transfer that talent to the first team.

He looks nervous as feck out there. He's young which is clearly the reason - but if you introduce someone at his age then you have to be sure he's ready. It can ruin a player being introduced this early and then get shifted away because the pressure gets to him.

Holocene

It's going to ruin his confidence if Ole keeps bringing him on when we are chasing a goal. We shouldn't be relying on a 17 year old to change the game. Sad state of affairs.

marktan

The next Sancho.. frazier cambpell?

In all honesty it's hard to know how young players will work out, harder yet when they play against a Palace team with 10 men behind the ball.

mav_9me

I think he is good enough to get these opportunities.

But today he was far too passive. Maybe he is feeling the pressure, but it feels like he is playing well well within himself and not doing much. As opposed to for example Daniel James who is always trying to have a go, even if he continues to fail.

Bojan11

17 and we relying on him to make a impact from the bench. Pathetic from our club we didn’t sign anybody. Hope those scoffing at the likes of Mandzukic are happy now especially as Martial is injured.

GamerKurisu

We can't just throw him in the deep end and expect him to win games for us. It's not always going to turn out like Rashford.
You mean not everyone is going to score a couple of goals, get completely overrated by the fans and pundits alike and start to believe their own hype?

Status
Not open for further replies.