5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stojan Stamenic

He didn't play bad at all last night, far from that. Very mature, willing to pass, opening spaces, created one big chance for Foden...

His movement and positioning while defending was not good, that's the only flaw in last night's performance.

United58

As @Adam-Utd says it was a chaotic last 30 mins. My take was he was one of England's most mature players in that last 30 mins. He was tracking back, closing passing lanes, making good runs, passing to open players and just generally doing the basics well. It was not a spectacular performance but it showed the side of his game people don't always get excited about, he has a very good football brain. There was one moment where he was in a similar position to Lingard vs Southampton, driving through the middle in space with someone open on his right. Whereas Lingard ignored Greenwood in the same situation, Greenwood picked out Foden and Foden should have made more out of the situation.

I also liked the bit at the end of the game where he tracked back all the way into his own box, won a header, chased down the 2nd ball, won the tackle with the Turkish player and then started a counter attack.
This is hugely important - there's too many headless chickens at the club

lumeyes

As @Adam-Utd says it was a chaotic last 30 mins. My take was he was one of England's most mature players in that last 30 mins. He was tracking back, closing passing lanes, making good runs, passing to open players and just generally doing the basics well. It was not a spectacular performance but it showed the side of his game people don't always get excited about, he has a very good football brain. There was one moment where he was in a similar position to Lingard vs Southampton, driving through the middle in space with someone open on his right. Whereas Lingard ignored Greenwood in the same situation, Greenwood picked out Foden and Foden should have made more out of the situation.

I also liked the bit at the end of the game where he tracked back all the way into his own box, won a header, chased down the 2nd ball, won the tackle with the Turkish player and then started a counter attack.
Thanks for the update. I have no idea why some prefer to quickly write off these kids. I believe in critical analysis but it should be balanced. Your report tallies with what I have read else where.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He didn't play bad at all last night, far from that. Very mature, willing to pass, opening spaces, created one big chance for Foden...

His movement and positioning while defending was not good, that's the only flaw in last night's performance.

Very mature performance. His ball control looks very good. And he looked up for others while carrying the ball also.

MrBest

I get people want to see him more but he is 17 and is regularly on the bench and coming off already. How many other 17 years old can say that? 10, 20? How about in the modern era of the premier league? Cannot think of any. There is 34 games left to play and if Greenwood gets 2000 minutes which i think he will eventually, it will be a great season. Ole is easing him before we rely on him totally. I think he is ready, I am sure Ole thinks he is ready but we have to protect the boy. It is so easy for a 17 year to self destruct.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Let’s hope our manager does not start Pereira in the front line ahead of him tomorrow. We are at Old Trafford and need proper attacking threat.

Also, somehow some way, we need to win this fecking game.

AFC NimbleThumb

Can't deal with this type of **** posting.
How is this a ’****’ post?

Genuine question.

Whilst I think saying Greenwood should leave is a tad. . . premature/ridiculous, a player like Gomes continues to be overlooked for players like Mata/Lingard & would have every right to consider if his career is best served at OT or not.

What about looking at the deal from the players perspective makes this a ‘****’ post?

Maybe I don’t understand what being a ‘****’ is so please elaborate.

meamth

How is this a ’****’ post?

Genuine question.

Whilst I think saying Greenwood should leave is a tad. . . premature/ridiculous, a player like Gomes continues to be overlooked for players like Mata/Lingard & would have every right to consider if his career is best served at OT or not.

What about looking at the deal from the players perspective makes this a ‘****’ post?

Maybe I don’t understand what being a ‘****’ is so please elaborate.
**** because 4 games into the season.

How many games will United play this season???

Ffs, their time will come this season.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Let’s hope our manager does not start Pereira in the front line ahead of him tomorrow. We are at Old Trafford and need proper attacking threat.

Also, somehow some way, we need to win this fecking game.
Periera. I have no idea how this bloke starts. He and Lingard need to be ditched for awhile/eternity.

Matt007a

Both players should get more game time when the cup games start and the fixture list is more congested. It’s only been 4 games and their season is being written off for not playing!?

There isn’t a 17 year old in the league who plays regularly. Even Rooney at Everton didn’t play every week at that age.

Ban

So Ole is not a good fit cause he didn't throw him out there, playing from minute one but won't be a good fit either if the lad burns out from playing. In any case it's as if Ole is not right for anyone or anything. It's a weird obsession with youth and them playing as much as possible from a get go. I mean I'm all for playing youth but some of the reactions are hilarious.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Both players should get more game time when the cup games start and the fixture list is more congested. It’s only been 4 games and their season is being written off for not playing!?

There isn’t a 17 year old in the league who plays regularly. Even Rooney at Everton didn’t play every week at that age.
The frustration probably comes from seeing who is actually playing. Periera for example has been absolutely dreadful for us. Nobody knows why he starts a game for us. Lingard is going through an absolutely miserable run of form where hes been ineffectual for nearly a year now. So yeah, I wouldn't mind starting Greenwood ahead of those two every now and then.

Hoof the ball

Some folks seem sure that the further on the season the more likely Greenwood is to get games. If anything, the opposite will occur since there'll be more pressure running into the second half of the season and Ole will be reticent to drop him into a crunch game period.

AFC NimbleThumb

**** because 4 games into the season.

How many games will United play this season???

Ffs, their time will come this season.
As I said, the Greenwood point is ridiculous but from a Gomes perspective how long ago did he make his debut & when did he last get a ‘run of games’ that would signal to him he has a long term future here.

I’m just wondering what makes that poster a ‘****’ when at least half his point is actually debatable.

‘**** because 4 games into the season’ doesn’t quite answer my question.

Nick7

Some folks seem sure that the further on the season the more likely Greenwood is to get games. If anything, the opposite will occur since there'll be more pressure running into the second half of the season and Ole will be reticent to drop him into a crunch game period.
Well no. They’re clearly referring to the fact we will be playing in more competitions later in the season. He will play more in the cup competitions. It ain’t that hard to figure out.

POF

Or maybe it's more likely he will have to use more of the squad when the team is playing twice a week rather than once a week like they are now.

Ole has said it multiple times. Maybe that's why folks seem so certain.

Treble

Mason was too good for the U18 level to play there so much last season. He should have played more for the U23 team, had only 6 apps there.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
So our Lukaku replacement (his words not mine) still can't start when we're down to the bare bones. The coward would rather give out of form shit a start than Greenwood.

Ole is a fraud and you all know it.

Maybe he'll get on in the 84th minute when we're 2-0 down :devil:

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
So our Lukaku replacement (his words not mine) still can't start when we're down to the bare bones. The coward would rather give out of form shit a start than Greenwood.

Ole is a fraud and you all know it.

Maybe he'll get on in the 84th minute when we're 2-0 down :devil:
He's Lukaku's replacement in the squad. Rashford and Marital are replacing Lukaku's position. It doesn't take a genius to work that out.

AJ10

He's Lukaku's replacement in the squad. Rashford and Marital are replacing Lukaku's position. It doesn't take a genius to work that out.
ssshhh don't point that out. Making stuff up then ranting out is the way forward.

haram

Certainly doesn't take a genius to work out that it was probably a bad idea to rely on those three for a whole season.

Kurton

Mason can't even start with the injuries we have. What a shambles it is.

Ole would rather play Parreira out of position after the shocker he had. I've lost the faith in this fraud.

ivaldo

Certainly doesn't take a genius to work out that it was probably a bad idea to rely on those three for a whole season.
Or to remember that James exists. Nice strawman.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Should be starting today. Hopefully he'll prove himself a bit over this game and the midweek game to show he should be more trusted more.

ivaldo

Hopefully he carries on his good form but going into the season even with James is still stupid.
We needed additional players. But that isn't what was being discussed, so why are you insisting on discussing it?

ivaldo

So a winger from Swansea is replacing our top striker? Ok cool.

Maybe we can sign a full back from Derby to replace Pogba next summer?
No... Our two strikers who were playing on the left are replacing Lukaku, with James coming in on the left. I mean, this was just pointed out to you about 5 minutes ago.

haram

We needed additional players. But that isn't what was being discussed, so why are you insisting on discussing it?
So it was stupid then. Look at the pressure to start a 17 year old. What a shambles.

ivaldo

So it was stupid then. Look at the pressure to start a 17 year old. What a shambles.
So you're just quoting me to moan about a point I, or the poster I quoted, was making? Cool.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
So a winger from Swansea is replacing our top striker? Ok cool.

Maybe we can sign a full back from Derby to replace Pogba next summer?
Our top scoring striker got replaced by Martial as the starting striker, with Rashford also rotating in there. James took the other winger spot now that Martial is a striker. Our strike depth before was Lukaku, Rashford, Sanchez, now its Martial, Rashford and Greenwood. Our left winger depth was Martial, Rashford, Sanchez, now its Rashford, James, Chong.

Basically, Martial is the guy taking Lukaku's spot, Rashford is starting wide and James is taking Martial's spot in the squad. Sanchez is the only difference number wise, but replace him with any random trash and it's fine.

Yeah, its putting a lot more trust in youth. I'm ok with that. Just need to give it some time for the players to change their perception in your eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.