5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Godfather

Very good game from him I though. That right wing spot seems perfect for him at the moment. Will only get better. Exciting talent. Very well taken goal too.

I was just thinking at the time he needed to impose himself on the game and he goes and scores, then afterwards he was everywhere. The sort of performance a kid his age needs and hopefully he can carry it over to the league.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Wasn't particularly involved in the game, but the majority of the things he did do was class. It's easy to see the ability is there, and as he grows in maturity and experience the hope is obviously that he'll start demanding the ball and getting more involved.

romufc

He will be a CF once he learns the art of hold up play. If he can figure out how to hold the ball up, he will be a very good striker because he knows where to position himself in the penalty area.

Bwuk

I'd like to see us play 2 uptop with Greenwood playing just off of Martial.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I like the fact we're seeing a steady transitional progression with each performance.

Last night I was particularly impressed with his shielding,movement and general all round use of the ball. Solid.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He never looks as good when he comes off the bench, but I don't think he should be starting ahead of Rashford, James or Martial so I guess thats the role he'll have to keep playing.

He probably needs to start being subbed on earlier then he is doing though.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He never looks as good when he comes off the bench, but I don't think he should be starting ahead of Rashford, James or Martial so I guess thats the role he'll have to keep playing.

He probably needs to start being subbed on earlier then he is doing though.
Maybe we should try him as #10.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Let him settle into the role we've given him.
Really no need to put him here,there and everywhere at the moment.

It didn't do Rashford any good,imo, and he wont do him.
There's no rush with Greenwood.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
That could be an interesting role for him. As @tenpoless says, could play in the Greizmann role as SS, he's got the two footedness and agility to play there.
Yeah, only problem is he might struggle to deal with physicality but at least he won't play with his back to goal. So he can pick passes and his movement will create good enough chances for him.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Yeah, only problem is he might struggle to deal with physicality but at least he won't play with his back to goal. So he can pick passes and his movement will create good enough chances for him.
Yeah, he seems to be growing quite quickly though, I don't think it will be long before he packs on some musccle.

Rajma

Want him to add some tenacity and a little more in terms of pace. It will come with age but hopefully sooner rather than later as he matures physically. Class on the ball is there to be seen for everyone.

Handré1990

No surprise a young player, who is just coming into top level football, is more comfortable when starting. Especially if you look at how we stop attacking after an hour or so. With his alround skillset I bet he just needs time and confindence to start imposing himself on games and demanding the ball more.

He should definitely be coming on earlier in games @Annihilate Now! . Ole’s in-game management, especially subs, has left a lot to be desired.

romufc

His composure in the box is brilliant. He also has the ability to find a good ball, he found Martial a few times yesterday.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Good lad. He looks the most natural finisher at the club. The way he cut in and showed for the far corner before hitting it into the opposite side was great.

Stacks

You can see why we didn’t replace Lukaku directly. He looks ready to play more, strength and composure is fantastic for an 18 year old.
We average 1 goal per game in the more competitive Prem. We absolutely had to buy another Attacker.
Really pleased he got a goal, needs to playing in all Europa and league cup games. You can see he isn’t ready to be starting games regularly in Premier League but he’s also good enough to be given more than 8-10 mins at end of games if we need a goal.
Definitely should get more than 10 minute run outs. They are pointless. He should start in his fav position in the Carling cup and Europa since we are already through.
Keep giving him Europa league and carabao cup games to build his confidence. I can see why he’s been used sparingly in the league. He doesn’t need to be part of that flit flow.
Imagine if he became top scorer in the Europa....

Devil may care

Showed fantastic composure to open the scoring which allowed us to settle into the game early. A lot of our play was going down the left but any time Mason was involved he showed quality and awareness.

Classical Mechanic

Looks like he'll be out wide and Brewster the 9. Crazy that either of them are starting over Eze for me though. There's a lot of dedication to the u17 world cup winners there. A very young side.

Classical Mechanic

2-0 England at half time. Albania camped in their box Foden with a lovely free kick and Gallagher with a 30 yard strike into the top corner. Boring game, Greenwood not in the game much on the left hand side in the minutes I watched.

Classical Mechanic

He wasn’t in the game much, against an ultra negative opponent. Spent most of the time pinned to the line on the left. He missed an open goal from about 5 yards from a James cross. After Brewster went off he got to go central for about 15mins. Hit the post at the end with a lovely low shot from distance, Sessegnon turned in the rebound but it was ruled out for offside when it didn’t look close to being off to me. Nelson scored the 3rd after a nice break involving him and Sess.

Status
Not open for further replies.