Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
That was pure finisher's instinct from him.

Can't stop scoring and Ole should not stop playing him.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Delighted for him. Hopefully will get a start mid week. Have seen nothing to suggest that he won't be a star for us, just needs to continue to work hard and improve and get experience. Biggest thing he'll need is to work on getting that explosiveness that he is capable of, but lacks a bit too often in his appearances.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Good that he scored his first goal. Nicely taken goal, hopefully he will get more chances, doesn't matter which position. James, Rashford, Martial are sort of fixed in the line up, so should at least get more mins as #10.

Yagami

Good post resistant
The first of - hopefully - many in the league!

I still don't get how he wasn't our first attacker to be subbed on considering the bench. He offers so much more than Lingard already.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

I still don't get how he wasn't our first attacker to be subbed on considering the bench. He offers so much more than Lingard already.
He’s not a midfielder, hence why he didn’t come on instead of Lingard in midfield.

zenith

He has brilliant instinct. Cabby teach that kind of anticipation.

True goal poacher. RVN would be proud

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
4 goals and 1 assist this season.

3 goals in 4 starts and 1 goal as a sub.

That's a decent contribution. Hopefully he will get more mins.

Walters_19_MuFc

Proper strikers finish that. Something Ole would have loved. Looked really comfortable when he came on and made a difference. Good on him!!

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
4 goals and 1 assist this season.

3 goals in 4 starts and 1 goal as a sub.

That's a decent contribution. Hopefully he will get more mins.
He's our 3rd top scorer in all comps which is impressive whichever way you look at it.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The position he takes up inbetween the 2 centre backs is so hard to stop as a defender. Our other strikers rarely take it up, Ole will be delighted with a "scrappy" goal as he calls it.

The first of many, many goals I feel.

In Rainbows

I think Lingard offers more impetus, but Greenwood doesn't needlessly give the ball away like Lingard, and he has better end product. I also like Greenwood's passing better.

Devil may care

Real Striker's goal, one of the few bright spots at the club in general right now in another dead season.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
I think Lingard offers more impetus, but Greenwood doesn't needlessly give the ball away like Lingard, and he has better end product. I also like Greenwood's passing better.
Lingard doesn't really offer anything.

When you have to describe an attackers main attribute as 'impetus' then you've got a terrible player - best to put on a player that can score and assist when you're looking for goals.

Shark

@NotShark
He could be our Harry Kane. A real clinical striker that’s not interested in being anything else. He just wants goals.

In Rainbows

Lingard doesn't really offer anything.

When you have to describe an attackers main attribute as 'impetus' then you've got a terrible player - best to put on a player that can score and assist when you're looking for goals.
Not true. Saying a player has more impetus, only means he has more impetus. It doesn't mean he's great in that attribute so no idea what you're on about. For example, Odoi drives at players more so than a more patient player. Having impetus doesn't mean he's a terrible player, or a great one. It just means he has more impetus and his affect on the game is going involve more of that. In regards to United it's just a fact that Lingard tries to drive towards opponents more than Greenwood right now, who outside of scoring, is a bit in his shell or just not physically mature enough to be a little more adventurous. Which is fine.

Maybe you're not carefully reading what I'm saying because I'm in agreement that Greenwood is the superior option because he has better end product and because he's playing more safer, he's not losing the ball like Jesse. However, I can understand a reason for why someone might want to bring Jesse in. He'll try to make things happen more. I just disagree with that decision because there's a fine line between looking deadly, causing trouble for opposing defenses, and looking like a headless chicken. Jesse's case is a little more of the latter, and his end product isn't worth that.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Not true. Saying a player has more impetus, only means he has more impetus. It doesn't mean he's great in that attribute so no idea what you're on about. For example, Odoi drives at players more so than a more patient player. Having impetus doesn't mean he's a terrible player, or a great one. It just means he has more impetus and his affect on the game is going involve more of that. In regards to United it's just a fact that Lingard tries to drive towards opponents more than Greenwood right now, who outside of scoring, is a bit in his shell or just not physically mature enough to be a little more adventurous. Which is fine.

Maybe you're not carefully reading what I'm saying because I'm in agreement that Greenwood is the superior option because he has better end product and because he's playing more safer, he's not losing the ball like Jesse. However, I can understand a reason for why someone might want to bring Jesse in. He'll try to make things happen more. I just disagree with that decision because there's a fine line between looking deadly, causing trouble for opposing defenses, and looking like a headless chicken. Jesse's case is a little more of the latter, and his end product isn't worth that.
Jesse's an attacking water carrier. Plays a different role to Mason.

Like comparing a Ford Transit van to a Range Rover.

TsuWave

Scored, didn’t celebrate, just ran back to our half because wanted the game to restart ASAP so we could take the lead.

Elite mentality.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I love the fact that when he scored he didn't go mad celebrating. Literally turned and ran straight back to the half way line, with a few high fives in between.

Compare that to how Arsenal wildly celebrated getting a 2-2 draw a few weeks back, this kid has the right mentality.

Yagami

Good post resistant
He’s not a midfielder, hence why he didn’t come on instead of Lingard in midfield.
That's the thing, though - I wasn't asking for him to come on to play as a midfielder.

To the surprise of, well, not many I assume, we played a lot better with Greenwood in an attacking position ahead of a two man midfield compared to having Lingard in an advanced position ahead of said two man midfield.

True, but I think our attackers should offer more than just being able to press with decent intensity, and Lingard, aside from that, just doesn't offer anything else.

romufc

That's the thing, though - I wasn't asking for him to come on to play as a midfielder.

To the surprise of, well, not many I assume, we played a lot better with Greenwood in an attacking position ahead of a two man midfield compared to having Lingard in an advanced position ahead of said two man midfield.

True, but I think our attackers should offer more than just being able to press with decent intensity, and Lingard, aside from that, just doesn't offer anything else.
It was obvious why, he occupied the space alongside the CB's which meant more space for other players.

When we attack the defenders have no one to mark so they push up. Greenwood has the ability to know where to be.

It is good to see him get mins and start mid week games. I want to see him get 5/6 prem goals this season.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Scored, didn’t celebrate, just ran back to our half because wanted the game to restart ASAP so we could take the lead.

Elite mentality.
Noticed that too. Both him and Brandon scored their first ever PL goals and instead of celebrating(which no one would have hold against them considering their ages) just took the ball and went back to kick off. Proper United mentality.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
4 goals already this season with appearances only here and there. If he can get to 10 this season that would be pretty brilliant.

0le

I predicted he would get at least 5 goals. It seems the way he is going he will probably get about 10 this season, which would be fantastic.

Alemar

I predicted 15 goals (in all competitions). If Ole starts to trust him more, it’s actually possible

kundalini

Disappointing performance. Decent shot from Gomes' deflected cross in the 2nd half that forced the keeper into a good save, his other shots were either blocked or didn't trouble the keeper too much. Rubbish free-kick straight into the wall. Failed to hold up the ball several times.

Lack of physical strength is clearly a big issue at the moment. He's fine when we can get the ball to him in a little bit of space inside the penalty area, but otherwise he doesn't offer a great deal.

Last edited:

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Loved his movement for the first hour or so, refreshing change from Martial just standing around wanting the ball to feet all the time

His attempt 2nd half was very RVP like

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Didn't catch the game but on the highlights he looked incredibly unlucky not to score that volley . That was a proper strikers effort and most of the time it's a goal. Whats funny is that when Rashford broke through, everything he touched went in whereas I feel like with Greenwood, he's just not getting the rub of the green. I can think of a-few instances where his shots have gone just wide, hit the woodwork or been saved miraculously, thats why I still fully expect that at some point he's just going to explode into some serious goalscoring form.

Status
Not open for further replies.