5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

zenith

If there is a reason not to sign haaland, it's greenwood not martial.

This boy is an exceptional finisher, who needs more game time

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Greenwood looked more comfortable as right winger and he is capable of playing any attacking position.

The White Pele

We play plenty of games and he will still get a lot of opportunities if we signed another striker.

The best conditions for his development in these initial years is to have him as a regular in the squad without ever putting him in the position where he’s carrying the weight of goal expectation on his own.

A couple of injuries and that’s the situation he would find himself in at the moment. We saw with Rashford that it can be a burden.

A pure 9 would be a welcome addition to the squad and Greenwood would have plenty of opportunities playing on the right of a front 3, whilst also getting some games at 9 in the cups.

SteveW

We play plenty of games and he will still get a lot of opportunities if we signed another striker.

The best conditions for his development in these initial years is to have him as a regular in the squad without ever putting him in the position where he’s carrying the weight of goal expectation on his own.

A couple of injuries and that’s the situation he would find himself in at the moment. We saw with Rashford that it can be a burden.

A pure 9 would be a welcome addition to the squad and Greenwood would have plenty of opportunities playing on the right of a front 3, whilst also getting some games at 9 in the cups.
Agreed. He can play anywhere across the front front. Right wing is well stocked with him and James. I'd happily sign another #9

Hoof the ball

He definitely needs to play closer to the penalty area. He's not blessed with acceleration and pace, but he's got unique attacking instincts and an unteachable level of ambidexterity. A player with those scoring instincts ought to be always closest to goal in advanced moves. His hold up needs work and his passing sometimes can be a little sloppy, but nothing experience cannot rectify.

DVG7

He definitely needs to play closer to the penalty area. He's not blessed with acceleration and pace, but he's got unique attacking instincts and an unteachable level of ambidexterity. A player with those scoring instincts ought to be always closest to goal in advanced moves. His hold up needs work and his passing sometimes can be a little sloppy, but nothing experience cannot rectify.
Is it fair to see he falls into the category of players who appear faster with the ball than without it? I don’t see him being the type to play in the shoulder and get on the end of balls using blistering pace, but he does seem to be able to ghost past players when he has the ball at his feet

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He's actually very quick, although I don't recall seeing him go full pelt for the first team yet.

Robaldo

I don’t think he’s first-team ready yet - at least to the extent that he can start or change a game against Premier League opposition. He scored against Sheffield United as a sub but that’s been an exception to the rule in the league.

I’m far from writing him off but I don’t think the step up is going to be as seamless or routine as some people think it will be. He’s obviously a good prospect, and his performances for the youth teams have been incredible, but without knowing what I knew of him prior to playing for the seniors, I probably wouldn’t be hyping him too much for now.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
His link up play today was really good, much better than it’s been in Recent matches.

still needs to “bulk up” into men’s football but his talent is undeniable. He worked very very hard today also.

Walters_19_MuFc

Showed some nice link play when he dropped off. Had a decent effort with right foot in first half.

Was always going to be tough coming up against such an experienced back line but felt he did quite well.

Bobski

He is a classy player but still some way off physical maturity at this level. I really like his game, he is going to be able to play all across the front line, be adaptable and vary his game. Few finishers are as rounded as he can end up being.

DoomSlayer

I thought he had a good game, considering the circumstances. Didn't look out of place at all, just lacks in the physical department a bit.

R'hllor

Decent game, he should be picked as number 9 during Martial absence 100%.

Based Adnan

Bit more cultured on the ball than we've seen from him so far and he also played with a bit of aggression. His inclusion also allowed Rashford to stay on the left. Good game from the lad.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Playing against Spurs is a bit of a baptism on fire but I liked what I saw from him. He links up well, his movement is nice. Kind of interesting to see him get a run of games now Martial is out.

Bestie07

He really does look like a boy against men at times. He's technically very good but really lacking physically for my liking at the moment.

Still better than having Pereira start and moving Rashford in the middle but I think we need a better backup to Martial if we want to salvage something from this season.

RUCK4444

I would give him a run of games where we can, unselfish performance, you can see his quality.

With a run of games you would hope he can continue to grow into the side and have more of an influence.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
He is still very raw and physically underdeveloped at this level, and it’s sometimes obvious he doesn’t have the repertoire or knowledge in certain situations. And he doesn’t posses the one trick pony attribute that Rooney or Ronaldo had at a similar age.

Having said that, it also clear that he is a special talent and these experiences will be fundamental to a special Greenwood aged 21.

He will contribute as much as he gains over next 18 months, which is fine, but unfortunately we don’t have enough stability or quality to carry such a player.

nonso

Was anonymous through out the whole game, we were effectively playing 10 against 11. Doing simple lay offs doesn't automatically mean he had a good game, if he should be in the first team then he has to do more..

kundalini

Did better than I expected. Seemed to work harder than in other matches. Decent shot. Relatively quiet match but didn't look too out of place at that level.

Clearly he is at a huge physical disadvantage right now, and may be for several years.

Irwin99

Workrate was good. Said it before I think people expect him to be a bit more dynamic and it doesn't look to be his game (yet).

Welbeckham

Decent performance. Hope that he’s able to develop physically, seems to lack that bit of electric spark and strenght. Hope he will get stuck in and express himself more in the near future. But his technical ability and football intelligence look very encouraging and promising.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Should get an extended run in the starting 11 with Martial out again, as long as it assures Rashford gets to stay on the left then I'm all for it.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Could he have a Rashford moment away in the Derby at the weekend?

Bwuk

He has to start against City.

Rashford is so much better off the left and there’s no-one else if Martials out.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He brings others into play today, he did well. Hope he starts again against City.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I have high standard of him. I just think he looked slow and languid, no aggression at all. But then, this was the game where Kane looked like a 33 y.o. Rooney, so maybe it was just hard for a striker to shine.

In Rainbows

Rash made his debut in the end of February, so when he was 18 years and 4 months old. Greenwood is 18 years and 2 months old right now.

SteveW

Silent domination. :)

Did well, worked hard, moved defenders around, showed maturity, linked play well, got a decent shot on target when he got a chance. Hard to expect too much more from a kid who only turned 18 a few weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.