Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Natural born... the speed or timing of when he takes on shots can’t be a coincidence. He seems to take them on so early. Not really seeing the comparison with RVP myself as I haven’t seen as much technical ability as RVP had.
It's certain traits that he does before shooting, the way he draws defenders in with his right foot only to cut in and shoot with his left foot. It's like a signature move for Van Persie and Greenwood's goals seem to be similar.

zenith

He's brilliant, makes goal scoring look so so easy. The fact that he can play through the middle and on the right as well is an added bonus.

Will save the club a lot of money, going forward.

Was mega impressed tonight... he’s so young but you can see a genuine world class talent.

The way he receives the ball and turns is truly special.

RVP comparisons are spot on.. the body language is exactly the same also!
I’ve said it before, but it’s uncanny. very similar. The only negative for both players is that neither have good pace.

someone else made the point about heading, I’d love to know what the average ratio for strikers is in respect of headers, but Rashford, Martial and Greenwood have barely a headed goal between them.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Our last two strikers as far as I'm concerned were Rooney and Van Persie. We've all been grumpy for a few years, then imagine having an academy graduate like Rashford coming through now wearing Rooney's shirt, followed by this RVP reincarnation straight out of the academy as well. This is fantastic guys! I'm happy for you all, and the club has done very well while we've been bummed out.

I love this guy and he gets you very exited about the future of this team. Puff Daddy indeed. And we have so many youngster too, but both him and Williams just give me that good old United feeling. Something about them.

clarkydaz

I’ve said it before, but it’s uncanny. very similar. The only negative for both players is that neither have good pace.

someone else made the point about heading, I’d love to know what the average ratio for strikers is in respect of headers, but Rashford, Martial and Greenwood have barely a headed goal between them.
We dont/ can't cross the ball

CallyRed

The lads dynamite. He scores them with his left foot and his scores them with his right.

lysglimt

Scout
Wish I could dig out some of the responses to when I was predicting this sort of thing around the start of 2019. People were acting like I was some sort of lunatic hyping up the next flop. Sometimes players are just genuinely so good that it is obvious they will make it. Greenwood is in that category.
The people who watched Greenwood regularly at U18 knew he was special. He is the most natural finisher I have ever seen at United at that Level - and I would say you have to go back to RvN to find an equally natural goalscorer

CM

I actually had a look back into last seasons thread for the craic. Some of the abuse Rashford was getting was fecking ridiculous.

One post literally started "Rashford is technically and intellectually primative" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Only on the cafe
I remember seeing a post not long ago questioning whether Martial was on the spectrum. Some proper nutters on here at times

Cliche Guevara

He looks special to me and the only one from the Academy I think will genuinely make it. He needs time, though, and we need to be patient.

I’d loan him to the Championship next season and see if he can hit 30 goals. Then loan him in the Premier League and see if he can get 20.

After that he’ll have grown, matured his game, and gone through the inevitable ups and downs.

All being well, and perhaps sooner, he could be ready to start consistently at a high level. In order to be good enough to be number 9 for United he has to be among the best. Let’s see how he goes and not get too desperate.

Can't blame him for that, he rarely gets this kind of opportunity and you don't want to appear too selfish or daring so you get your next shot sooner rather than later. He's going to get more comfortable and try more things in time. What an impact he had though, even if he did play it safe.
I'm only harsh on him because i think he can do it. He's only going to get the occasional game this season and i think he can do even better if he backs himself more.

Tarrou

Wish I could dig out some of the responses to when I was predicting this sort of thing around the start of 2019. People were acting like I was some sort of lunatic hyping up the next flop. Sometimes players are just genuinely so good that it is obvious they will make it. Greenwood is in that category.
I remember it Steve

what a brilliant time to be a United fan with all these kids coming through

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Once he goes through a similar transformation to Rashford and puts on those man muscles, he's going to be a hell of a player.

Right now he is lacking a little physically, but give him a yard of space and he's so dangerous. The way he loves shooting at the near post is quite unusual, it really catches keepers out.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
So excited about this kid, if his performances at youth level are anything to go on, we're only seeing the tip of the iceberg right now.

Take a look at how many of his goals come after mazy long runs in the youth team, we've not even really seen him attempt that yet in men's football, with confidence and time to mature physically there really is no limit for him.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Is that a big problem?

Trying to remember if Aguero as an example has headed that many?

He looks special to me and the only one from the Academy I think will genuinely make it. He needs time, though, and we need to be patient.

I’d loan him to the Championship next season and see if he can hit 30 goals. Then loan him in the Premier League and see if he can get 20.

After that he’ll have grown, matured his game, and gone through the inevitable ups and downs.

All being well, and perhaps sooner, he could be ready to start consistently at a high level. In order to be good enough to be number 9 for United he has to be among the best. Let’s see how he goes and not get too desperate.
why on earth would we loan him out?

OGS is managing his game time, he needs time and space to grow both physically and mentally.

He’s getting games and he’s scoring - he’s far more likely to develop in this environment than at a Championship club. He’s potentially a very special player, why would we outsource his development to a club that have no interest in him long term?

pascell

Is that a big problem?

Trying to remember if Aguero as an example has headed that many?
I don't see it as a problem at all, it depends how we train our attackers and what we do with the ball in the final 3rd. If we're telling them to whip it in for Martial, Rashford and Greenwood to attack at head height, we're not going to get much luck (unless it's through clever movement like Rashford vs Villa) as most PL CBs are over 6ft and are strong in the air, they're well drilled from an early age about defending in the air.

However, if we're intricate with our build up and have the ball whipped between defender and 'keeper or pulled back both along the floor, then we'd have more luck as these CBs aren't as agile as most forwards, hence why Liverpool, City, Chelsea and Leicester and ourselves are scoring so freely, as teams are playing to their forwards strengths in and around the box and in the build up (like our fast counter attacking approach).

This is why Martial was a better alternative to our gameplan than Lukaku, feed him the ball (as he's got a great first touch) and he can either feed it to another player on the counter, thus committing a defender, or he can turn his man and run away with the ball.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
why on earth would we loan him out?

OGS is managing his game time, he needs time and space to grow both physically and mentally.

He’s getting games and he’s scoring - he’s far more likely to develop in this environment than at a Championship club. He’s potentially a very special player, why would we outsource his development to a club that have no interest in him long term?
Yep totally this.

If we had another striker/forward who was denying Greenwood opportunities, or we didn't have the Europa/league cup games, then possibly.

But you don't loan a guy out when we have the barest of options in the front 3 already.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Lacking pace ? in-comparison to Martial and Rashford most players would look slow.
Aslong as Greenwood is quick thinking and quick footed then he should be fine.

Bloody videogame pace merchants.;)

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
His passing is crisp too. A big talent for sure, the boy can finish.
For a moment I read that as 'crap' :D
Yes,he's passing is expertly weighted and his link-up play is becoming more and more noticeable.
All about confidence and mentality.
Hopefully,and this is the main thing, this praise and coverage doesn't go to his head.

Devil may care

He was brilliant last night, ice cold in front of goal, probably the most promising young talent since the class of '92, he's just got a maturity and all round quality to his all round game at such a young age.

Status
Not open for further replies.