Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
You can just tell he gets a kick out of trying to one up rashford's scoring. Takes his opportunity well when Marcus is not in the team and then when he came off today he spent almost all his time centrally trying to snatch one.

I love this mans attitude.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He was good, involved in the game. Wanted him to take more risks when dribbling, more often he went with safe option.

His cross for own goal was fantastic. Very hard to defend those. Overall he was good and one more game where he made important contribution.

Son

That's just silly. What if it's Greenwood who struggles to find game time among that lot because, naturally, he needs more gametime to catch up go the rest. Do we bin our 18 year mega talent as he 'hasnt got the balls to fight ' or something like that? There IS such a thing as too many attackers. I'd send Greenwood out on loan if we sign Haaland and Sancho.
I doubt Greenwood will struggle finding game time no matter who we sign.

Watching El Classico tonight he’d be getting some minutes for Barca and Real most weeks on current form for instance.

He’s already outscoring our other forwards apart from Rashford so I don’t see the logic of loaning him when he is already benefiting the first team.

It’s like Barcelona loaning Messi around the same age. Wasn’t ever needed he was too good already.

kundalini

Super cross for the own goal but apart from that, I thought he was underwhelming. Didn't appear to get a good connection on any of his shots, didn't notice much creativity or movement off the ball, failed to control a good through-ball from Pereira.

I was expecting a bit more from him in this match given his impressive performances in recent games. I don't have a problem with him having quiet matches from time to time.

Last edited:

He's getting more direct in his play which is good to see. He has the ability but he's looked a bit timid in the past.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
He's getting more direct in his play which is good to see. He has the ability but he's looked a bit timid in the past.
Agreed. Confidence is growing, he's taking more responsibility, taking less safe options. It's all very exciting.

waza7111

He should start as many games as possible because he gives us some much needed goal threat.

Based Adnan

Goal aside he was very tidy in his all round play. You get the feeling he's always good for a goal whenever he's on the pitch. Hopefully he starts more games moving forward.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He is having very good season, very good goal and overall had very good game.

Completed most dribbles, 2nd most chances created, 3rd in tackles.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Stunned Brucey and whole Newcastle team so much, they started leaking goal after goal.

As for the player, give him more time and he'll add to team's scoring rate, just don't expect him to destroy every team as he's still on the learning curve.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Bloody brilliant. He is so effortless and make the game so easy. Probably higher potential than Rashford.

James should stay out. This guy is better.

He'sRaldo

Said it before, I prefer his style on the right hand side to James'. Fantastic goal and good all-round play today.

Last edited:

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
He's a special talent. Imagine him in 4 years time -- he'll only be 22.

Honestly, haven't been as excited about a kid since Ronaldo or Rooney. :drool:

Andersons Dietician

Kinda hoping he keeps getting opertunities as I do just feel like at times he’s really not all that involved in games. Like Martial and Rashford are normally always there getting or making something or just being a nuisance. Greenwood feels a little like he’s on the outskirts of the game but man when he decides to get involved it’s normally a goal.
cant wait to see him start to become a bit more comfortable in the first team and linking up with the other forwards.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Was screaming at him to lay it off to the left, the he lets out a thunderbolt :lol: what a lad.

he’s just got it.

Chairman Steve

He is looking like a real talent. To hell with sending him out on loan like some people suggest. He has versatility and he’ll get chances. If he finishes with 15 goals in all comps this season thats an excellent season.

Raven

Nice little performance today, worked out quite well for the front line as whole.

Hoof the ball

He's insanely clinical, especially considering he doesn't get involved in play all that often. That's the only thing I want to see more from him. I want him to impose himself more on the actual build-up, get more touches inside. He touches it a few times out on the right, but mostly it's neat and tidy lay offs back or square. Would love to see him get his head up and pick out some forward slotted balls. He's obviously got it in him, but hopefully Ole can coach that from him.

Stadjer

Greenwood and Martial is better than James and Martial.

Greenwood also is a lot more talented than James. James is just speed while Greenwood is more quality on the ball. Hopefully Ole will start Greenwood more often and prove that he does trust the youth instead of only starting Greenwood in meaningless Europa League games.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Only one teenager has scored more goals in Europe's top leagues in all competitions this season than Mason and that's Jadon Sancho.

We have a genuine world class potential player here. Been a while.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I don't like playing players outside their natural position but in his case i would not mind. Play him either on support striker( which i know is too offensive) or instead of James on right wing. James gives speed but Greenwood would give more goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.