Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
We need a old mature version of Greenwood who will offer us 10-15 goals from right.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Why when the 18 year old version is doing just that?
8 goals and 1 assist at the half way point of the season, and considering his lack of game time, is pretty good.
He is a kid and will have rough patches. Goals will dry up when the defenders figure out how to mark him.
It will be suicidal to depend on a 18 year old for goals from right.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He is a kid and will have rough patches. Goals will dry up when the defenders figure out how to mark him.
It will be suicidal to depend on a 18 year old for goals from right.
Yeah I get that but you say we need someone to get 10-15 goals but the kid is only 2 away from 10, now he may not score again this season for all I know but you wouldn't bet on it would you

Dve

No question about his talent, but I noticed a couple occasions against Newcastle where he received guidance from his team mates about positioning, and Ole was also on the line directing him. He´s a great finisher, and he´s also good on the ball and can participate in the build-up play. But he´s 18 years old and not finished article. The way he is matched today, I think it´s just perfect for him. Greenwood should never at this age become United´s only option up front, which he could easily be the day Martial pics up another injury. Rashford just has to play on the left. A new striker is nr. 1 priority.

parkthebuslads

Or because he is playing on the right and the goal is to his left.
... I appreciate that.

However, I have still noticed an effort to favour his left, for example, recently when being put through on goal he contorted his body and made a mess of it rather than using his right.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
... I appreciate that.

However, I have still noticed an effort to favour his left, for example, recently when being put through on goal he contorted his body and made a mess of it rather than using his right.
It was also something he didn't do. I haven't watch him do one slide tackle yet. Not something he'll do very often but he'll probably do it at least once this season even if we haven't seen it yet. Point being he is two footed you'll see him take advantage of it on more of a regular basis than people who aren't but yeah he is left footed, imo.

criticalanalysis

There are no truly two footed players. There's being comfortable and extremely good with the 'other' foot but there is always a favoured one.

Expecting a player to really be 'neutral' footed is one of those outlandish commentator cliches.

Mr.Ridiculous__

The name says it all
There are no truly two footed players. There's being comfortable and extremely good with the 'other' foot but there is always a favoured one.

Expecting a player to really be 'neutral' footed is one of those outlandish commentator cliches.
No shit Sherlock

kundalini

I thought he was awful. Never showed any urgency, kept slowing down attacks.

El Jefe

I can't be the only one that's annoyed that Mason has to come on as our saviour in so many games. The kid came into the season as a 17yo and we're placing so much expectation on him to bail us out when we're shite.

This season should have been about the cups and odd league games here and there but because of how thin the squad is he's having to do too much.

Sylar

I can't be the only one that's annoyed that Mason has to come on as our saviour in so many games. The kid came into the season as a 17yo and we're placing so much expectation on him to bail us out when we're shite.

This season should have been about the cups and odd league games here and there but because of how thin the squad is he's having to do too much.
Not only that but we're putting him out wide to try and create for others. Should get him in the box as he more than others looks for goals in the box

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I thought he was awful. Never showed any urgency, kept slowing down attacks.
He never once got the ball in a good space to do something. He still had probably our only shot on target the second half.

meamth

What do you expect from a young squad?

A summer of 10 elite first team signings?

Pretty sure that was a good experience for him.
We went with this plan for growth, so get used to it.

mav_9me

I wish he came on for Lingard. Don't disagree with the sub but just want to see him with Rashford, Martial and James.

The other thing is there is so much more to his game no? Correct me if I am wrong but I always thought he was a very good forward with great touch, passing and creative guy and not just like a no. 9/ goalscorer. And I rarely see him using his right foot, surprisingly. Maybe all of that is on instruction to keep it simple.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
Thought he was really bad. Needs to improve on not losing the ball in tight spaces, or else he will be ashooting merchant

LJJT

Thought he played well first half he showed a lot more to his game than just shooting

Maestro14

OHKO'd a shiny Electrike
He was the biggest disappointment for me today. For some reason, whether it was management or his decision, he was playing in a right wing position, just in front of Chong. He hardly made an effort to get himself in a position to score. We were playing without a striker for pretty much the entire game. No surprise at all then that we didn't score.

El Jefe

I really do believe this kid will make it here but when are we going to admit that he's not ready for the level of first team football he's been getting?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I really do believe this kid will make it here but when are we going to admit that he's not ready for the level of first team football he's been getting?
He's our 3rd highest scorer this season, I'd say his minutes have been fairly justified.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Good in the first half, tired and lost sharpness in the second. Still showed his talent with plenty of nice touches and set up the 1 chance we created.
I'm convinced he'll be our long term striker tbh. At the start he'll probably be starting on the right, but not too long and he'll move centrally. Just needs to keep at it and keep working hard.

Paul_Scholes18

His movement was pretty decent today, but we didn't attack much as a team. Was fairly good with the ball, but never got much space near the box. Needs players around him to create chances and both James and Chong struggled today.
Wolves are a hard side to score against though so considering that he did alright.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I do get the sense in having him out wide while he is young, for a few reasons but I do have problems with it for a few too.

If we're building up play through him, then that is nice, but what is the plan when we have created a space and nobody is in position in front of goal. It means we're stuck in the build up phase, like a training game. This has gone on since Mourinho and I expected it to change especially with these kids playing.

Why do we play him, if he can't take freekicks? It has to be the dumbest thing ever. His speciality is shooting. If you want anyone in a position right outside of the penalty box everyone would put Greenwood there, however when there is a dead ball suddenly this logic changes. It is idiotic. He should be the one using those opportunities to get a shot on target.

Drainy

He was the biggest disappointment for me today. For some reason, whether it was management or his decision, he was playing in a right wing position, just in front of Chong. He hardly made an effort to get himself in a position to score. We were playing without a striker for pretty much the entire game. No surprise at all then that we didn't score.
Probably to make it easier for the midfield to find him since they are so shit at passing

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I think it’s clear to see that he has real talent and is ready to participate, but this was the wrong game and the wrong team to be trying to depend on him for a goal. Backed up by Mata, Chong and a Matic/Pereira midfield away to a tough side who play 3 CB’s

I am Ole out and this is why. We are wasting formative years of our young players under a poor manager, who doesn’t know how to coach a team with clear ideas. Will players like Greenwood reach their potential under Ole and his band of coaches?

Judging by the football on show tonight, no one really seems to know what they are coaching and I don’t want this lads development in their hands.

MetoTTT

Even in that poor game he looks class and really promising. That's the first time I compliment him.

kundalini

A weird mix of really classy touches, passes straight to a Wolves player and wild shots that were nowhere near the target.

Seemed more interested in linking the play than being in the box when a cross came in.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Strange how wide he kept ending up, with Mata taking up the position of the striker.

It's one of the main reasons I'm against playing him out wide so often, it begins to get ingrained to always move wide, when sometimes you need a focal point.

Maestro14

OHKO'd a shiny Electrike
Probably to make it easier for the midfield to find him since they are so shit at passing
But then the downside is when he receives the ball, there's no-one in the box ready to take the chance if it comes his way. I was excited to see what Greenwood could do as the main striker, but he wasn't really playing as a striker at all.

It's not just him. Rashford and Martial are also players who would rather be on the edge of the box playing a part in the build-up, rather than someone who will wait in the box for an easy tap in. I think we're desperately lacking a proper striker. Even though our football isn't great, we create enough chances that a top striker could put away just by being in the right position on the pitch. James alone would have a bagful of assists this season with the number of dangerous crosses he puts in that none of our forwards attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.