5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Jefe

He's our 3rd highest scorer this season, I'd say his minutes have been fairly justified.
This is a team where two out of Lingard, James and Peirera is a starter so that's not much of a feat.

In saying that, you are right that he's a goal scorer but because of how poor our attack is we need him to be a creator too especially when he's out wide and he just isn't ready for that level of responsibility yet.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Even in that poor game he looks class and really promising. That's the first time I compliment him.
You must had missed our Spurs game and the others if this game is the first time you complimented him.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Thought he was poor and showed his lack of experience. Did a lot of waving his arms about when he didn’t get the ball too.

POF

His positioning was bizarre. Made very little effort to get into the box and his objective seemed to be to get the ball on the right wing as often as possible.

That's all well and good but when he got it he had no options because there was no striker in the box. If he's going to play that way, he's far better off playing on the right than as the number 9.

Oddest of all, his one piece of effective link up play was central with his back to goal when he put Rashford through to hit the bar.

It shows his inexperience and how he's far too young to be a player the team relies on for now.

His positioning was bizarre. Made very little effort to get into the box and his objective seemed to be to get the ball on the right wing as often as possible.

That's all well and good but when he got it he had no options because there was no striker in the box. If he's going to play that way, he's far better off playing on the right than as the number 9.

Oddest of all, his one piece of effective link up play was central with his back to goal when he put Rashford through to hit the bar.

It shows his inexperience and how he's far too young to be a player the team relies on for now.
strange game. when he plays he shouldn’t be the only striker in the pitch, it’s clear he’s not ready for that. I’m not sure he even for in the box once the whole match.

he should definitely be playing these sorts of games, but with someone else at the focal point in attack - and that’s we we need another forward.

TR1LL

I agree that he tended to stick to that right sided region just outside the box. To me that looked like an instruction. Clearly been told to get the shot off similar to his other goals.

Bar Adama, he looked the most exciting on the pitch. Just never gets fed the ball enough. Same was happening to Adama but it was corrected in the second half and he took over.

This kid is the real deal.

Jonno

Terrible game for him to get on the score sheet. A broken out of sorts XI with zero creativity or style of play. At this age he’s certainly more suited to playing in the strongest side for 15-20 mins whilst he builds his experience

flappyjay

I think A lot of people still haven't realized that if you stay in central areas as a striker you will never get the ball. The striker either has to move wide or deep in Martials case in order to get the ball because our midfielders will find you. Apparently Mata had a good game yet I saw him avoid putting in through passes all night long in favor of passing to a winger

Bestietom

He is being starved of service. A few creative players in midfield and a good RW. is what we need ASAP.

Thiagoal

Thought he looked quality in the first half yesterday! His touch and vision were great! Would love to see him play in our strongest eleven playing off Martial as this will allow him to drift around the front line without affecting our cohesion

POF

strange game. when he plays he shouldn’t be the only striker in the pitch, it’s clear he’s not ready for that. I’m not sure he even for in the box once the whole match.

he should definitely be playing these sorts of games, but with someone else at the focal point in attack - and that’s we we need another forward.
Agree completely. You want to have another forward on the pitch with him but with City coming up they had to rest Rashford.

Just not enough attacking options.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Putting aside the positions he found himself in, as that for me is largely tactics more than anything. When he gets the ball, he is just so classy and calm with it. Watching how he controls and uses the ball, gives me loads of confidence that he will be a very good player.

MonkeysMagic

A very promising and talented player being coached by a very poor team. This is the stage of his development where he needs positional/tactical awareness which sadly isn't going to come from our current manager. If this persists I'm not sure how hindered his progress will be but then again the player may feel his future lies elsewhere and you wouldn't blame him!

POF

A very promising and talented player being coached by a very poor team. This is the stage of his development where he needs positional/tactical awareness which sadly isn't going to come from our current manager. If this persists I'm not sure how hindered his progress will be but then again the player may feel his future lies elsewhere and you wouldn't blame him!
You're right. What could a young striker possibly learn about positional play from Solskjaer - one of the cleverest strikers when it comes to positioning at United in the last 30 years.

Whatever your thoughts on him as a manager, a young centre forward couldn't fail to learn from him.

Some of the Solskjaer criticism is justified but this sort of "everything he does is useless" nonsense just makes your posts seem like hysterical garbage.

Bestietom

Nonsense, Ole could teach all our forwards something, as Rashford pointed out before.

LInkash

Some bad shots.yesterday. I'm used to him being flawless so it was surprising.

Utdstar01

Everything was good about him last night apart from his shooting. Sometimes veered over to the right a bit too much as well. Could've been down to a little lack of support at times.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

This is what will happen by playing him wide. The same thing happened to rashford.

They start to get confused with their natural movement and picking up the wrong positions, he pretty much played a a RW/striker hybrid yesterday.

for the u18s he rarely played as lone striker either, he has usually had mellor being his foil and played all over the place.

Personally I think playing him wide for now is ok as it gets him game time, but as soon as he develops more strength he has to stay in the centre.

it was a positive match though, his passing and control is back to looking very good as he was a bit wobbly at the start of the season.

Lentwood

We shouldn’t expect miracles, the lads just turned 18!

I think we forget sometimes just how young some of our players are, some of them are basically still children!

Bwuk

No idea why we don’t give him a run uptop next to Martial.

Lingard couldn’t weight the pass he did for the goal.

MAME DIOUF 32

Didn't have a great game but massive credit for taking the more difficult option with his pass for the goal and playing it perfectly.

romufc

I think he was good yesterday, he looked good in the first 10 minutes then it fell apart but no one can point the finger at him because he had 0 service.

But the chance came and he played the ball to Rashford when he could have taken the easier option and pass wide.

He clearly has the qualities on the ball, no one sees his set up play, he makes the correct pass most times.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Special talent. Makes finishing look comfortable whether he's 6 yards out or 30.
Patience still needed,mind.

Mike Smalling

Seems like he has scored that exact goal about 5 times now :lol: Ole wasn't exaggerating when calling him the best finisher in the club.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
When he's on the pitch we should just line up shots for him from anywhere within 25 yards. His striking of the ball is already elite. Mason Van Greenwood.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Remember saying he would get close to 15 goals this season before it started (and people thought I was being way too unrealistic). 9 now I think? Well on pace.

Dante

Average bang
The last United player I loved was Paul Scholes. If he's not careful, Greenwood might be the next one.

Nep77

If we had better creative team behind our attacker all of him, Martial and Rashford will be comfortably over 20+ goals this season. Hopefully both him and Martial will reach that figure as Rashford has made it.

spiriticon

Everytime he shoots I think he's scuffed it but then it rolls into the bottom corner..:houllier:

My brain can't compute

KennyBurner

The question is how do we develop him into a physical specimen like Rashford? Rashford was a scrawny kid when he made his debut but is now strong enough against PL defenders. We need to bulk him up within the year so that he can feature more consistently on the right.

The kid is destined for greatness already. First season and he is putting up remarkable numbers. England really producing top talents across the country.

thomas porter

he's such a smooth finisher. Probably the most natural finished we've had since Van Persie.

Status
Not open for further replies.