View full 2019-20 profile

5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t have much to add, except to say he’s the best talent I’ve ever seen step straight into the United first team and look like scoring goals is the the most natural thing in the World to him.
Absolutely incredible.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I don’t have much to add, except to say he’s the best talent I’ve ever seen step straight into the United first team and look like scoring goals is the the most natural thing in the World to him.
Absolutely incredible.
Quite specific praise there!

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Kept arguing last month thatwe should not be signing Haaland because of this guy. Would have made no sense at all. This kid is as good as any teenage forward in the game. Been clear for years in the academy that this one is different.
Signing Haaland would've been mental, with Martial being 24 and Greenwood 18. 2/3 our front 3 are on double figures with Greenwood being 1 off so it's not like we were crying out for a goalscorer, if we were going to sign a striker then it should've been an older more experienced player who won't be expecting a ton of gametime because there's serious potential for our front three.

I do recognise Greenwood isn't an automatic starter just yet but in my opinion he'll pretty much have that spot locked down within a month or so.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Signing Haaland would've been mental, with Martial being 24 and Greenwood 18. 2/3 our front 3 are on double figures with Greenwood being 1 off so it's not like we were crying out for a goalscorer, if we were going to sign a striker then it should've been an older more experienced player who won't be expecting a ton of gametime because there's serious potential for our front three.

I do recognise Greenwood isn't an automatic starter just yet but in my opinion he'll pretty much have that spot locked down within a month or so.
Exactly this.

Signing Haaland always made no logical sense, just driven by fans with FOMO in my opinion, and the desperation for signings. I doubt some would mind if we only signed a player to compete with Marcus fecking Rashford this month. Just give us a new player.

criticalanalysis

Everytime he shoots I think he's scuffed it but then it rolls into the bottom corner..:houllier:

My brain can't compute
He loves that corner. its ridiculous how often he seems to find it even from scuffed shots
It's not scuffed but more like a tennis top spin shot. The little backlift means he takes the shot a mili-second before/after what you expect, which evades defenders and with the ball 'spin' gliding across the grass, it make it's difficult for the keeper to reach near or far post.

Apart from the obvious finishing skills, I think I'm really impressed with his hold/link up play. He likes to get on the ball, take up good positions and get his other team mates involved. Very well rounded.

montpelier

I see no one is getting carried away, which is good.

I don't think he's ready either physically or with enough all round game atm.

But 2 footed and bloody hell, does he know where the back of the net is. Vast potential but needs looking after.

AltiUn

I see no one is getting carried away, which is good.

I don't think he's ready either physically or with enough all round game atm.

But 2 footed and bloody hell, does he know where the back of the net is. Vast potential but needs looking after.
That'll come with confidence, he's playing within himself at the moment but for the youth teams he displayed an incredibly varied skill set, it's why I've always been so confident he'll succeed here.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I can't wait until he feels really comfortable at this level and we see all of his game being expressed fully.
Yep, you can see he's playing within himself right now and just keeping it simple. Once he really feels comfortable he will be even better.
Which is his bad foot? And how good or bad is his bad foot?
If you have 10 mins watch this video below. Then make your mind up

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Neither are bad, I've never seen a player score two free kicks in a single game using two different feet, yes it was a youth game but it's something that's so rare it makes you take notice.

His right is his "weaker" foot, but his weaker foot is still amazing - it's strange as most lefties are extremely one footed, but Greenwood seems to be the exception.

montpelier

That'll come with confidence, he's playing within himself at the moment but for the youth teams he displayed an incredibly varied skill set, it's why I've always been so confident he'll succeed here.
Ah right, I understand. And I think he does right. He doesn't look fazed though, I think he fancies the job.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Yep, you can see he's playing within himself right now and just keeping it simple. Once he really feels comfortable he will be even better.

If you have 10 mins watch this video below. Then make your mind up
This is going to seem like an odd analysis but left foot is his ball carrying foot that he feels more comfortable dribbling with, right foot is his set piece and penalty shooting foot. :lol:

Shooting wise, he looks great with either but seems to favour the left slightly more.

montpelier

Id have guessed left foot but with a big amount of guess involved.

Once you know, the manipulation of the ball, left foot for left foot seems a tiny bit more natural than right foot for right foot. But he still gets a lovely shape to his shots right footed. Maybe he uses his left more too, I don't know.

montpelier

Seems like an odd analysis but left foot is his ball carrying foot that he feels more comfortable dribbling with, right foot is his set piece and penalty shooting foot. :lol:

Shooting wise, he looks great with either but seems to favour the left slightly more.
I hadn't copied, honest.

Tarrou

It’s quite easy to tell he’s left footed because he favours his left when dribbling

Alemar

His goals are predominantly shots into bottom corners, with either feet. But no headers

He'sRaldo

He's definitely "left-sided" so to speak, in that for dribbling and the like, his natural movements seem to be towards his left, but execution on his right is still good.
This is going to seem like an odd analysis but left foot is his ball carrying foot that he feels more comfortable dribbling with, right foot is his set piece and penalty shooting foot. :lol:

Similar to Ousmane Dembele, except Dembele can dribble with either if he wants, but prefers the left as well.

mav_9me

Has he scored any goals with his right?

I find it weird how if you asked someone who has never seen him till his first team game they would all say he only uses his left when in youth teams he would both feet all the time. I can't wait to see when he starts using his right more... Will completely mess up defenders.

meamth

It's not scuffed but more like a tennis top spin shot. The little backlift means he takes the shot a mili-second before/after what you expect, which evades defenders and with the ball 'spin' gliding across the grass, it make it's difficult for the keeper to reach near or far post.

Apart from the obvious finishing skills, I think I'm really impressed with his hold/link up play. He likes to get on the ball, take up good positions and get his other team mates involved. Very well rounded.
What kind of anime have you been watching? :lol:

r0663664

Worships Man City
Great talent but he will need to be physically stronger. Hopefully he adds more muscle over the summer. Do we have another talented youngster? If we have then we shouldn’t need to buy. If no then we should still buy another player. Ideally, we should have 4 strikers complete for 2-3 slots. We should be able to put 2 teams on the field if we are to complete at the highest level.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He's definitely "left-sided" so to speak, in that for dribbling and the like, his natural movements seem to be towards his left, but execution on his right is still good.

Similar to Ousmane Dembele, except Dembele can dribble with either if he wants, but prefers the left as well.
I don’t think that can be said definitively based on his first team outings yet. The sample is too small, and mainly consists of him playing as a right sided forward, which requires a certain type of movement. If he occupied different areas, then I suspect he will deploy different movements.

AltiUn

Great talent but he will need to be physically stronger. Hopefully he adds more muscle over the summer. Do we have another talented youngster? If we have then we shouldn’t need to buy. If no then we should still buy another player. Ideally, we should have 4 strikers complete for 2-3 slots. We should be able to put 2 teams on the field if we are to complete at the highest level.
We've got plenty of exciting young talent but they're all quite young, a lot of the players who should have really bridged the gap between the first team and the current U23s weren't up to par and we had to let a lot of them leave last January. This current generation we have is the most talented I've seen at the club in a long time, but some of them aren't quite ready for first team football.

He'sRaldo

I don’t think that can be said definitively based on his first team outings yet. The sample is too small, and mainly consists of him playing as a right sided forward, which requires a certain type of movement. If he occupied different areas, then I suspect he will deploy different movements.
When he pops up on the left, he still dribbles inward with his left foot which makes me think definitively that it's his preferred dribbling foot. Ousmane Dembele when cutting in from the left uses his right to dribble, and vice versa on the left which is very rare among footballers, at least that I've seen. Only other players I can remember being as comfortable dribbling with both like that are Pedro and Cazorla.

That said, I never watched him in the youth team, only the clips. It is possible that he's being conservative as he's getting more accustomed to the 1st team.

In Rainbows

We've got plenty of exciting young talent but they're all quite young, a lot of the players who should have really bridged the gap between the first team and the current U23s weren't up to par and we had to let a lot of them leave last January. This current generation we have is the most talented I've seen at the club in a long time, but some of them aren't quite ready for first team football.
Apart from CB, the current crop if the most talented at FB, keeper, striker, and midfield. Compare Goss to someone like Levitt and it's no contest. Garner is a better Pearson. Gomes is a much more talented Larnell Cole. And we've lost O'Connor to top it off.

It's easily the most talented group next to the 2011 fa youth cup winning side. Really disappointed they didn't win after knocking out Chelsea.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Apart from CB, the current crop if the most talented at FB, keeper, striker, and midfield. Compare Goss to someone like Levitt and it's no contest. Garner is a better Pearson. Gomes is a much more talented Larnell Cole. And we've lost O'Connor to top it off.

It's easily the most talented group next to the 2011 fa youth cup winning side. Really disappointed they didn't win after knocking out Chelsea.
Yeah it's an insane team you can build from the kids at United at the moment.

Henderson
Laird ? ? Williams
Garner Levitt
Chong Gomes ?
Greenwood

And those have all featured in the first team this season barring Henderson who is obviously on loan. Exciting times for the kids coming through.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

Hmm, we’ll have to see I guess. I share the view that we have some real talent at the moment, but we’ve been here many times before, with a ‘best generation since...’. You mention Pearson who I recall a massive Redcafe campaign to get into the team and had declared him all sorts, meanwhile McTominay was a nothing player in the academy and look at him now.

Personally, I think Laird and Greenwood are the only real top top level talent we have, we probably have a couple of others who can go on to play at PL level and beyond that we’ll see. That’s of the 23s anyway, not considering the likes of Mejbri just yet.

AltiUn

Absolutely, what impresses me is how evenly distributed the talent seems to be throughout the squad and the talent gap from player to player isn't nearly as big as it has been in the past which is a testament to the players' quality.

I'm still bitter about that youth cup result, that was the young lad's first real experience with a parked bus, quite rare at youth level really.

Carl S Bridge

I don't think people don't appreciate Pogba's talent. Its more because there is always a "midfielder to unlock Pogba" argument. First it was Carrick, then it was Matic, and then Fred. At some point he has to take some responsibility for the consistency in his own performances. The consistency is what frustrates some people and why they do not appreciate him.
He's created more chances in 5 starts and 7 appearances than anyone this season and is 2nd for passes completed into the opposition box. What more do you want? Get off the fecking agenda against him it's fecking ridiculous. If you think we're better off without him you're seriously deluded

Lam

I hope we don’t force him to bulk up or put muscles over the next 12-18 months. He is just 19 and we should be ok if it takes 2-3 years. Similar to Rashford.

If we were to buy a 22 year old with Rashfords athleticism and Greenwood’s finishing/technique, it would cost around 150m (200m if English). Super excited about having two out of the ordinary attacking talents coming from the academy. If Pogba was committed to the club like these two, we would actually blow away the bottom teams 5-0 every week like City or Liverpool.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He's just such a natural. Makes goalscoring look like a piece of cake. Incredible talent.

In Rainbows

Hmm, we’ll have to see I guess. I share the view that we have some real talent at the moment, but we’ve been here many times before, with a ‘best generation since...’. You mention Pearson who I recall a massive Redcafe campaign to get into the team and had declared him all sorts, meanwhile McTominay was a nothing player in the academy and look at him now.

Personally, I think Laird and Greenwood are the only real top top level talent we have, we probably have a couple of others who can go on to play at PL level and beyond that we’ll see. That’s of the 23s anyway, not considering the likes of Mejbri just yet.
Them making it is a different discussion. I'm only talking talent. Pearson was rightly getting praised. However, Garner is the superior DM talent. I thought my take was pretty measured. Hence why I didn't include all positions for this generation's superiority, and also recalled the 2011 side as they each have their strengths with some high end talent. It's no contest that CB is probably the weakest out of the generations. I regard Tuanzebe as our best CB talent, but he was in the Rashford generation along with TFM, Gribbin, etc... 2011 had Thorpe and Keane. I rated Thorpe > Keane, but as a duo are much more talented than our current crop of Bernard + fill in.

I don't think it's recency bias to conclude that Williams and Laird as being superior to Fryers+Vermijl, or Janko, Varela, CBJ,Love, etc... and that's without including O'Connor as he left.

I also don't think it's recency bias to conclude that Greenwood > Keane, Wilson, or Rashford filling in. I think at youth level Kovar is like Henderson, with the only contender being Pereira. I didn't rate Amos.

Lj82

Neither are bad, I've never seen a player score two free kicks in a single game using two different feet, yes it was a youth game but it's something that's so rare it makes you take notice.

His right is his "weaker" foot, but his weaker foot is still amazing - it's strange as most lefties are extremely one footed, but Greenwood seems to be the exception.
Heinry once scored a free kick with one foot, got ordered to retake the free kick, switched legs and still score!

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
He does not have a bad foot Video link. He even takes set pieces with both feet which is incredibly rare. In fact i cant remember a single player that ever did that.

Ole said at the start of the season that Greenwood was the best natural finisher he had ever seen (or something along those lines) and it seems he was right. Almost every shot Greenwood takes is dangerous

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Rarely seen a 18 year old with such natural finishing ability. Need to bulk up and improve his overall game abit. But he has got some nice technique and talent there to develop. He could as well go on and score over 15 goals in his first full debut season (9 goals midway through), which is very impressive. When is last time a teenage forward score 15+ goals in his first full debut season in highest level? Mbappe (26 goals) is the only one I could think of in recent times, although its French league, then its Owen (23 goals), Kluivert (21 goals, but in Dutch league) and L.Ronaldo (26 in Brazil, 35 in PSV), of course. Other teenage wonder kid in the past, Messi only scored 9, Ronaldo only scored 6, Rooney only score 8.

Last edited:

Hughes35

He Just knows where the goal is.

Maybe a slightly strange comparison but he reminds me a little bit of an unpolished Harry Kane. You can't quite highlight what his strength is, not rapid, not slow, not a poacher in the area but can poach. Just looks an all around player that quickly gets shots off whenever possible and has the knack of finding the corner.

Long may it continue and we have a genuine worldie on our hands. The good news also being that him and Rashford are very different players so could easily play together for years to come.

Kweku Amonoo

Martial scored 17 as a teenager in his debut season here. Remember?
Rarely seen a 18 year old with such natural finishing ability. Need to bulk up and improve his overall game abit. But he has got some nice technique and talent there to develop. He could as well go on and score over 15 goals in his first full debut season (9 goals midway through), which is very impressive. When is last time a teenage forward score 15+ goals in his first full debut season in highest level? Mbappe (26 goals) is the only one I could think of in recent times, although its French league, then its Owen (23 goals), Kluivert (21 goals, but in Dutch league) and L.Ronaldo (26 in Brazil, 35 in PSV), of course. Other teenage wonder kid in the past, Messi only scored 9, Ronaldo only scored 6, Rooney only score 8.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Has he scored any goals with his right?

I find it weird how if you asked someone who has never seen him till his first team game they would all say he only uses his left when in youth teams he would both feet all the time. I can't wait to see when he starts using his right more... Will completely mess up defenders.
Only against Astana I think. The rest of his first team goals have been with his left AFAIK. Left is definitely his preferred foot but he has the ability to switch it onto his right if need be.

Status
Not open for further replies.