5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
It's like 5 minutes of stating the obvious. This is where I think Athletic are giving unnecessary content.
I was quite impressed by Mason's stats against players like Salah. Maybe it wasn't worth five minutes but I learned stuff so I figured I'd share.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I was quite impressed by Mason's stats against players like Salah. Maybe it wasn't worth five minutes but I learned stuff so I figured I'd share.
Ah yeah wasn't a jibe at you, just felt the TIFO Stuff stretch out generally

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Midfield being off tonight meant it was hard for our front 3. They had to hustle a lot to get anything.

NinjaFletch

I think that was an important game for him tbh.

He's going to get thugged up by cnuts like Romeu and he's got to shrug it off. He'll get a few more reducers between now and the end of the season.

That potential leg breaker that should’ve been given as a red card definitely put him off his game for the remainder of the match. Still only 18, he can’t be firing in every game.

Robbie Boy

Hard to fault him much we barely played anything decent to him to get him into the game. AWB having a mare down his side didn't help the situation.

Raven

This was always going to happen. You have people in this thread and Gary Neville saying he's going to take Martial's spot within 12 months... absolutely not. World class talent for sure but that's exactly what he is, a talent who's going to need time to adjust fully to the men's game.

Womp

idiot
Sky the limit for this kid but our starting front 3 next season should be Martial, Rashford and Sancho. Greenwood needs time to learn the game. Games like today are things he's probably not used to, dealing would double man's etc.

Will get better

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Thank god he didn't get injured.

Tbf he was marked a lot tighter than Rashford today, they gave him the space and let him 1v1 their RB which proved to give them some issues.

Mason didn't get a chance all match, you have to say Southampton played well.

Red00012

He was very quiet and been double marked

It was clear it wasn’t working , why bring on James ? It was clear we needed to hold possession . And Mata is the man in that situation.
If our tactic is bring On James towards the end because he can run we are fecked.
Might as well just signed Usain Bolt

Red00012

Thank god he didn't get injured.

Tbf he was marked a lot tighter than Rashford today, they gave him the space and let him 1v1 their RB which proved to give them some issues.

Mason didn't get a chance all match, you have to say Southampton played well.
Thought he was limping a bit going off but hopefully it’s nothing major

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
was invisible today. But that's OK. Wasn't his fault that we dropped points.

Should have been subbed at 60 mins with Mata.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
was invisible today. But that's OK. Wasn't his fault that we dropped points.

Should have been subbed at 60 mins with Mata.
Not Mata as someone needed to track Betrand which is why James came on. I hope people see the need for Sancho now

criticalanalysis

We struggled to get him on the ball in the right places.
Yes this. Was quiet but overall on an individual level, his all round play was quite decent. Didn't over dribble or over do stuff. Just kept it simple, passed and moved.

Should feel a bit disappointed at being left out from all the attacking play though. Martial was guilty of being a bit too selfish and Bruno tried to first time pass everything like it was a hot potato.

SirScholes

I think that was an important game for him tbh.

He's going to get thugged up by cnuts like Romeu and he's got to shrug it off. He'll get a few more reducers between now and the end of the season.
I was thinking this, was going to happen at some point, you’d be mad not mark him close and test his nerve with a nasty tackle

He just needs to look at CR7 as an example of how to handle that attention

The Purley King

Anonymous tonight but that will happen to a young player.
Should really have been hooked after 60 as was not offering anything.
Better days ahead no doubt.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
We struggled to get him on the ball in the right places.
That's been the theme for most of this season. The last few games were a bit of an abberation in that sense. Obviously it helps having Pogba and Fernandes on form but it's a bit odd given he seems pretty good at picking up dangerous positions. Does he just get ignored a lot? Martial and Rashford do tend to look for each other before anyone else, so when chances are more limited he struggles to get involved.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Is it just me, or do we all wish we had a Roy Keane type of leader in this team? Someone loyal who didn't care about ego, who had his teammates backs, who'd kick down a player if it meant protecting another player. I think Mason was lucky to walk out of that game without being injured, and I would have liked McTominay to come on before it was too late just to give it back ten times to Romeu, just to let people know not to feck with us. I know this might seem petty, but I'm just sick of refs letting shit like this go on a weekly basis, hacking down some of the most stunning players in the country, while awarding silly speculative goals against us. We need someone to take one for the team.

He'sRaldo

He realized the midfield was being overrun and tried to come inside and stand alongside Pogba on several occassions. Smart kid.

In Rainbows

Is it just me, or do we all wish we had a Roy Keane type of leader in this team? Someone loyal who didn't care about ego, who had his teammates backs, who'd kick down a player if it meant protecting another player. I think Mason was lucky to walk out of that game without being injured, and I would have liked McTominay to come on before it was too late just to give it back ten times to Romeu, just to let people know not to feck with us. I know this might seem petty, but I'm just sick of refs letting shit like this go on a weekly basis, hacking down some of the most stunning players in the country, while awarding silly speculative goals against us. We need someone to take one for the team.
Mejbri or Garner are that type of midfielder, but they're obviously too young right now.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
The more I think about that Romeu challenge the more incensed i get. Times like this I wish we had a Keane on the pitch to return the favour with interest.

Eire Red United

The more I think about that Romeu challenge the more incensed i get. Times like this I wish we had a Keane on the pitch to return the favour with interest.
If I was facing Greenwood now with the streak he‘s on I’d be trying to bully and kick the shite out of him too because very few defenders will be able to stop him honestly. He’ll have to learn how to deal with that treatment, all the best players get it. Agreed on the Keane point, that’s where you want the likes of Pogba or Matic to go in hard on Romeu.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
If I was facing Greenwood now with the streak he‘s on I’d be trying to bully and kick the shite out of him too because very few defenders will be able to stop him honestly. He’ll have to learn how to deal with that treatment, all the best players get it. Agreed on the Keane point, that’s where you want the likes of Pogba or Matic to go in hard on Romeu.
Yeah I know, we saw it at the extreme end with Ronaldo. I'm half hoping Mason forms his own mean streak and gives it back himself, just to make the opposition think twice the next time.

van Persie

It's just not you but most United fans seem to hate Keano these days because he's a loudmouth :lol:

Least he would have had a go at Romeu for attacking one of ours in which he deserved a red card and I miss having that sort of player

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
True, is there anyone who has some bite ? Feck even Maguire is soft as a doll when it comes to standing up for players .

Strelok

He was very, very poor today no question about that.
Nah, he was double marked, kicked on a lot and clearly our midfield got dominated it didn't help.

The last matches teams double marked Rashford and now Sou double marked Greenwood. This shows what teams now think of him. Our trio is good, you can't double marked everyone. If one of the trio is marked out of the game the others will have more space and score.

The tackle against Mason was horrible. That cnut Romeu clearly wanted to hurt him. Watch the tackle again and you'd see. Mason is a young player and needs to be protected. He's the future of not only United but England as well. What the feck var was doing I can't get it. Look at the red card against Arsenal for example. Shocking ref and var, feck them.

Last edited:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Tough game for him. He just wasn't involved enough. There will be many such games during his years of development.

Status
Not open for further replies.