5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RUCK4444

Rashford can be excellent but has his limitations. He's got a very high peak and a low trough which is generally affected by the type of game we're playing. He'll get a lot of game time as there're games that he's devastating in.
I think he just needs to re-focus his game and what he's good at. Posted recently that he seemed to drop deep after the re-start and wasn't affecting the game as he should.

Rashford should be isolating defenders, making runs, linking with Martial and his overlapping fullback. Not pinging long balls from the half way line. Not sure what that was all about to be honest.

OrcaFat

Rashford can be excellent but has his limitations. He's got a very high peak and a low trough which is generally affected by the type of game we're playing. He'll get a lot of game time as there're games that he's devastating in.
He’s been more consistent this year with less time spent in the trough. He’s still young but I doubt he’ll ever be troughless but who is? If we get Sancho and, say, Jimenez, we’ll have options and there will be games where Rash is on the bench but no way will he be displaced, he’s just too good for that.

Handré1990

I think he just needs to re-focus his game and what he's good at. Posted recently that he seemed to drop deep after the re-start and wasn't affecting the game as he should.

Rashford should be isolating defenders, making runs, linking with Martial and his overlapping fullback. Not pinging long balls from the half way line. Not sure what that was all about to be honest.
He did so very well though. Those were the moments where he showed most quality after the restart. Bruno’s missed chance vs Bournemouth (?) comes to mind, and he had a lot those that were almost assists.

Anyway, Mason will get more than enough game time, regardless of who we bring in. Kid’s a star in the making.

cyberman

You have no idea if this were by instruction or not though.
For me, it was clear he was keeping his position to stretch the pitch since the opposition started to crowd the midfield in and around Pogba and Bruno.
We also had trouble at LB so maybe he couldn't drift inside since we needed defensive protection?

RUCK4444

He did so very well though. Those were the moments where he showed most quality after the restart. Bruno’s missed chance vs Bournemouth (?) comes to mind, and he had a lot those that were almost assists.

Anyway, Mason will get more than enough game time, regardless of who we bring in. Kid’s a star in the making.
Yeah some of the passes were great, but I just don't think our LW player should be in that position, it was like he was specifically seeking this deeper position. We have a midfield more than capable of playing those passes.

I'm not sure if was due to fatigue or if he was under instruction.

RUCK4444

You have no idea if this were by instruction or not though.
For me, it was clear he was keeping his position to stretch the pitch since the opposition started to crowd the midfield in and around Pogba and Bruno.
We also had trouble at LB so maybe he couldn't drift inside since we needed defensive protection?
Yeah I just replied to another poster to confirm the same. It was like he was under instruction to do so, I just don't see that being an instruction from Ole. Would have been nice if somebody had asked Ole post match about whether it was a tactic.

Andersons Dietician

Yeah some of the passes were great, but I just don't think our LW player should be in that position, it was like he was specifically seeking this deeper position. We have a midfield more than capable of playing those passes.

I'm not sure if was due to fatigue or if he was under instruction.
It’s been a pattern repeated for a while post lockdown so it has to be a tactic. Just Williams didn’t play his part in it as well As he should have done.

Handré1990

It’s been a pattern repeated for a while post lockdown so it has to be a tactic. Just Williams didn’t play his part in it as well As he should have done.
Exactly! Shaw was very dangerous on his overlaps and Rashford was the one passing it to Shaw almost every time. It’s good to keep defenders guessing. Rashford can pass them with ease himself when on form, so they can’t just look out for his one signature move anymore. He’ll become a more complete player is my guess.

crossy1686

career ending
Scary thought, how much would Greenwood have cost if this was his break through season at somewhere like Everton and we wanted to sign him? We’d of had to break the bank for him. More than Sancho?

OrcaFat

Scary thought, how much would Greenwood have cost if this was his break through season at somewhere like Everton and we wanted to sign him? We’d of had to break the bank for him. More than Sancho?
He is an outstanding talent. I agree there would be massive clamour to sign him if he was at another EPL club. Yes I think he would cost more than Sancho.

E-mal

We are quite fortunate to have him(just like he is to be here) and we have to protect his development and allow him develop without pressure. Get other quality players to help him.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
I'm not so sure this is true, even on his worst days he can play a match winning ball.

Sylar

I think it looks good. I dont see the fuss about him getting a tattoo. Not sure how that will affect him like so many on social think...

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I think it looks good. I dont see the fuss about him getting a tattoo. Not sure how that will affect him like so many on social think...
What a surprise, people judging a young footballer on tattoos... stupid really isn’t it!

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
From the size of that tattoo, and from what I recall I'd be surprised if he's playing on Wednesday then. Which is obviously fine, give the man a break.

el3mel

Unlucky not to score. Thought he was our best player in the main 90 minutes.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Unbelievable finisher. Scary how good he’ll be when he’ll eventually be able to play centrally.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It’s a cliche but it really rings true with him — he always looks threatening. Almost always going to score.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Unlucky not to score. Thought he was our best player in the main 90 minutes.
Thought so too, one of the few bright spots.

He's gradually learning how to avoid letting games pass him by, which makes him more and more of a threat with every game.

drdoityourself

I'm just amazed by his shooting technique. He is still seeing too little of the ball over a full game, maybe that's due to habit of United not being able to count on their usual starting right forward, most attacks go through the left.

stu_1992

Shame it was offside, but what a finish for the disallowed goal. Anyone else in that position I'd be screaming for them to pass. He's the exception though as he seemingly knows just where to put the ball. Amazing natural ability, and at such a young age.

Not sure why he was taken off tonight. Out of the front 3, Rashford should have been long gone before him.

Welbeckham

Wonderful player and one of the best finishers in the world. Very intelligent and consistent with his passing too. Another very good performance, but he would benefit from a technically adept RB, now he doesn’t get enough of the ball on the right areas. When he does, he’s almost unplayable on most days.

Status
Not open for further replies.