5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Mason was very, very unfortunate to be taken off ahead of Rashford. Looks so dangerous whenever he has sight of goal. If we could have just played him in more he definitely would have scored.

RUCK4444

His technique and in particular his innate ability to know where the goal is, it's just brilliant.

If he get's so much as a sniff it's enough for him to either score or go very close, out of nothing.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
His shooting technique is world class.

manages to hit the ball with full power but keep it daisy cutting along the ground.

the post shot especially was trademark greenwood.

SAFMUTD

Should had stayed before Rashford, overall he wasnt involved much but his finishing is class. You can sense the danger everytime he has the ball in the box.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
That finish where he was offside was sublime. Looked like he'd taken it too far but blammed it right into the far corner.

In Rainbows

We need to create more shooting opportunities for Greenwood. I think Sancho can help Greenwood get easier attempts.

Redlyn

Clearly a clinical finisher. I hope his all round play improves as he gets older. I always feel like I don't get enough from him setting others up.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Would like to see him playing as a #10/SS. In and around the box he is so dangerous. He doesn’t always end up on the ball when he plays on the wing but if he comes in he gets on the ball more often and with his dribbling he makes things happen.

In Rainbows

Would like to see him playing as a #10/SS. In and around the box he is so dangerous. He doesn’t always end up on the ball when he plays on the wing but if he comes in he gets on the ball more often and with his dribbling he makes things happen.
I was thinking about this. A 2 striker set up could help us with Greenwood. He clearly wants to affect the match in central positions. Out wide he's not going to dribble, and he has AWB as his attacking partner. Makes things as difficult as it can get.

Thing is, it changes our midfield. It's possible to have 2 up front with someone behind to drift to both wings, while still keeping the 3 man midfield. That could work. It would just require the fullbacks to provide constant width. I mean, it's not like the fullbacks are providing much else in attack as it is.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I couldn’t help but laugh today. This guy looks like a cheat code on a football field. Every shot looks auto-locked for a goal. Tactically put him in positions that maximizes ball touches for him and you’ve got a CL winning team

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Hes the best finisher and goalscorer at the club.

Yes he's got work to do on his all round game but that's to be expected at 18. However he's bleeding dynamite near the box. Two big chances last night.... tooks one away only to be offside and the other smashes the inside of the post with a lovely effort.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
On reflection that first finish is just unreal. Smashes it hard, low and in off the post. Crazy thing is I was never in any doubt he would score.

Rajma

Next season we should really work tactically on getting him into more positions to unleash his shots, we have almost a cheat code on our hands, Ole and coaching staff should show they're up to the task.

Hackman2210

Love this kid. Not just his finishing but some of his link up play is sexual chocolate. He Makes it look so simple that you think it’s simple but it’s years of training and innate ability. Could be a generational talent. We may be looking at a ballond’or winner here.

Coops73

What a fecking player this kid is and is going to be, when he got through to score his goal I never had any doubt.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
How is he so good at shooting? It makes no sense, feels like a video game ffs
It's absurd. The two efforts he had the other day (offside and post), they're just not savable. The power and accuracy from any angle is something else.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
He popped up here and there but faded quite badly, which there's no shame in doing as a youngster. Hindsight is of course 20/20 but I'd have liked James on earlier with a brief to tear down the outside to the byline at every opportunity. The time for cutting in with finesse had faded when we needed to make things happen quickly.

Overall a great breakthrough season, and with any luck we'll add reinforcements to take the burden from him so he can develop further as part of the first team next year.

criticalanalysis

Thought he show technical excellence in abundance and was quite good whenever he got on the ball apart from a few greedy chances. Those half turns, first touches and ball manipulations in tight spaces was filthy.

Unfortunately, we don't really play as a well drilled team and his efforts to play possession ball with good movement on and off the ball doesn't meld with our current 'let's all have at it' style. In that sense I thought he should have come off around the 60-70mins mark. But then let's be honest, Ole hasn't taken anyone off 'early' once he has picked his first 11 unless it's been Fred or on an injury.

Devil81

Wasted on the right, not getting the chances he needs to score.

If he's through the middle he gets more chances and scores more goals.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Thought he was pretty good for 75 minutes but looked jaded after that, some quality rotation options will do our attackers an absolute world of good.

His technical ability is top notch and his physicality is improving, I'd really like to see him given a go in a more central role, he's been very good on the right but being able to get his as close to the goal as possible should be our priority, I think he's either our most dangerous player or very close to being it. All in all a very, very good debut season, looking forward to seeing what the future holds for him.

Minkaro

Very good player, with huge potential. If I was to nitpick, he does sometimes look for the shot when it really isn’t an option.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
He just tired towards the end but other than a poor choice shooting instead of passing not much wrong tonight.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Not sure how he didn't finish that chance. Usually so clinical. Had off day today

Zoo

With Sancho or another right winger coming in we’ll hopefully start seeing him more through the middle.

RUCK4444

Wasted on the right, not getting the chances he needs to score.

If he's through the middle he gets more chances and scores more goals.
Agree. I’ve been saying it for months.

He’s not a winger, he’s a potential world class striker, you play those in their preferred position.

I still believe Martial can be just as effective coming in off the left, he’s deadly playing the one-two’s and running at players.

Bwuk

By the end of next season he’ll be seen as the best out of him, Rashford and Martial.

If Sancho signs it should be Rashford who’s benched.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Thought he was good for an hour, then just got tired which drastically effected his decision making and, crucially, his ability to kick the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.