5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony247

Only one thing - when we build up in final third, controlling the ball, Greenwood needs to have synergy with Martial. If Martial drifts towards left (which he usually does) then Greenwood should occasionally come in the middle. More he starts intelligently switch the positon more goals he will score.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Love him, excited, he'll be great but if he's going to be forced to play wide-right - with AWB - then we need to get him on a coaching regime to teach him how to do that.

He has a lovely first touch, decent short passing and obviously is electric once he comes towards the middle, but he can't stay wide, can't cross and everyone seems to know that now. Show him wide, wait for him to play a ball to AWB who will then lose it.

Assuming Sancho isn't happening, if we continue with just 3 forwards he has a lot of work to do imo.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Report card A+ for his first full season. Star in the making for sure.

Raven

By the end of next season he’ll be seen as the best out of him, Rashford and Martial.

If Sancho signs it should be Rashford who’s benched.
This nonsense needs to stop. Martial is miles ahead of Greenwood and Rashford currently, I don't see that changing for a few seasons.

lex talionis

Greenwood gets a 10 from me for his contributions this season.

Assuming we get our act together and bring in Sancho for what looks to me like a reasonable fee, Greenwood would be relieved from having to carry a burden at least I don't think he's ready to carry next season. But down the road, yep, we're looking at a likely all-worlder in Mason Greenwood.

HowYouDoin

This nonsense needs to stop. Martial is miles ahead of Greenwood and Rashford currently, I don't see that changing for a few seasons.
No way man.
When Greenwood misses we are all genuinely surprised cuz we expect him to score every time. And he is 18. That just tells you how good he is. He is just a generational talent.
He will surpass both Rashford and Martial before he is 20.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
No way man.
When Greenwood misses we are all genuinely surprised cuz we expect him to score every time. And he is 18. That just tells you how good he is. He is just a generational talent.
When you consider what people thought Martial would become after his first season at 19, and that it's only now he's finally on the tracks he should have been on by his second season, there is no certainty with how things will turn out with Greenwood. He is in a more stable environment right now which can only be beneficial to him, but things can change very quickly, whether it's signings, difficulties with dealing with fame, off-the-field incidents, health, etc.

Let's pump the brakes and see how this develops.

Denis79

A lot of people that watched our youth matches talked very highly of him before he was moved up, I can see why. What a talent! So cool and collected for his age, I'm really looking forward to follow his career.

Devil81

Couldn't understand why he wasn't given more of a central role towards the end of that game on Sunday.

He's our best finisher by a country mile yet he continually having to cut back through two men to try and get a shot away. If Greenwood was the man through the middle some of those chances would have fallen to him and he'd have put one away.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I agree with other posters that he was great for t he first 60 mins but did look tired from that point onwards. He’s clearly an fantastic player even now and I’m sure his stamina will improve with age too. Overall it’s been an unbelievable breakthrough season and I’m really excited about seeing him next season. I’m a way as much as I’m gutted about Sancho, it will be great to see Greenwood starting most games, however we still desperately need better cover/options.

Raven

No way man.
I genuinely doubt he'll ever be as good as Martial will be but I'm definitely open to being wrong. Thinking he's going to be better than Martial by this time next year is what I would consider to be delusional.

Sea-Cow

Came within millimeters of scoring a brilliant goal. Can't believe it skimmed the keepers thigh.

The control and pass from Bruno were excellent. Greenwood's touch was perfect. The finish would have been buried, but for the keeper's thigh.

Foxbatt

I think he tried too hard in the game with Seville. He should have let fly a couple of time and he tried to dribble. He should play his natural game, which is shooting. He should not try to dribble too much. Leave that stuff to Martial.
I also thought Ole would move him to the centre and let Martial out on the left and even bring in James on the right.

mav_9me

I think he tried too hard in the game with Seville. He should have let fly a couple of time and he tried to dribble. He should play his natural game, which is shooting. He should not try to dribble too much. Leave that stuff to Martial.
I also thought Ole would move him to the centre and let Martial out on the left and even bring in James on the right.
Disagree. I am no expert but imo he has much more to his game than just finishing. I actually want him to do more and show more of his dribbling and passing.

In Rainbows

I wish there was a compilation for his performance against Sevilla. Thought his overall game was great.

ReallyUSA

People telling us to get Cavani is wild. We need help on the wings because our striker situation is set for 10 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.