Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Does it. We have 3 attackers who can play football. The rest cannot be used without it being a major risk to us dropping points.

We need at least one more top quality attacking player.
I would rather it be on the left then. I think that he provides more than Marcus does, and giving Rashford more competition on his side would give him the kick up the arse (you would hope).

SSSSnake

Silver lining when we fail to sign Sancho. Greenwood will get more minutes and score more then last season.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Coming in off that right hand side and attacking the box, Greenwood is surely something. Not sure there's anyone in the league who's significantly better than him at it besides Salah. The drop off between having him there and any other is horrifying.

laughtersassassin

I would rather it be on the left then. I think that he provides more than Marcus does, and giving Rashford more competition on his side would give him the kick up the arse (you would hope).
Well for one Sancho is a rare winger than plays both equally well so he would cover both. Most wingers can't do that.

Drz

Greenwood is better than Sancho in my opinion. He’s a frightening talent. Extreme ability.
Sancho's numbers are impressive. But there is just something about Greenwood for me. I think he is just so well balanced technically on the ball, add the finishing to that and he just seems lethal every time he darts into space in the final third.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
You just absolutely knew when he received the ball, and had the defender 1v1 on the angle, that the net was going to bulge. Expecting a player to score when they get the ball 30 yards from goal is a indicative of a genuinely special talent.

Seems to be piling on muscle every time you see him too. At 6ft2 he's beginning to develop into a real physical threat as well as a insanely gifted technical one.

Perfect cameo. Great interplay and intelligence too.
He does not look 6' 2". Are you sure?

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Well for one Sancho is a rare winger than plays both equally well so he would cover both. Most wingers can't do that.
He can, but were he to sign, who is the player most likely to have restricted game time? The likely player would be Mason. I can't imagine there would be a huge amount of rotation, but then again I'm not Ole so can't say 100% that this will be the case.

Point being, he did very well on the right last season, so hopefully he can continue being a regular and reach 20 goals this season

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Him coming on vs.tired legs will always be a treat...

In a perfect Sancho world he'd be doing this a lot more (as would Rashy)

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's brilliant, I just worry we'll burn him out considering we have nobody who can even play on the right at a premier league level apart from him (and he's not naturally a right winger). We need a good depth player just to help and protect Greenwood, rashford, martial and keep them fresh without dropping much in quality.

Glad he got his 1st goal right away though, hopefully right into the starting 11 on the weekend and keeping it up.

Nep77

I don't want this guy to be benched, he is top top talent better than the one other club is asking 120 million. We do need a another 2 attacker to provide genuine competition for front 3. James and Ighalo doesn't look like they will be able to do so.

Toad

Going to have a great season. I think it was Fernandes (?) who should have played it out the the right a few minutes earlier. He could have had one then as well.

laughtersassassin

I don't want this guy to be benched, he is top top talent better than the one other club is asking 120 million. We do need a another 2 attacker to provide genuine competition for front 3. James and Ighalo doesn't look like they will be able to do so.
Greenwood is top class and I think will be better than Sancho as a goalscorer but to say he is better now just because he is our player is a bit petty.

Either way the point is moot as Sancho is better than Rashford so he could replace him.

Really we need them all though. There is plenty of gametine for 4 attacking options.

Last edited:

Pughnichi

He can, but were he to sign, who is the player most likely to have restricted game time? The likely player would be Mason. I can't imagine there would be a huge amount of rotation, but then again I'm not Ole so can't say 100% that this will be the case.

Point being, he did very well on the right last season, so hopefully he can continue being a regular and reach 20 goals this season
I reckon there would be quite a lot of rotation...

Rashford Martial Sancho

Sancho Martial Greenwood

Rashford Greenwood Sancho

Rashford Martial Greenwood

these four would be deemed 1st team rotations

obviously excluding minutes/rotations for back up players Ighalo, James

Alemar

Excellent 10 minutes today, brilliant signature goal and a very good assist to Rashford.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He's brilliant but what kind of lunatic gave him that much time and space in the box :lol:

Jonesno.8

Very good player both sides, special even. I get the comments about Sancho replacing him, not gonna happen. Greenwood has the ability to push anyone of that front three out. His only challenge and perhaps one for Ole is keep him on the straight and narrow. He could be a superstar but needs man management without doubt. So far Ole has protected him.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I really would favour just getting a good right winger for 20/30m instead of Sancho and keeping Mason as the definite first choice.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
From everything I have read online. Greenwood is 5ft 11.

I have no idea where hes getting 6ft 2 from.
He might be right you know. If you watch the highlights he looks like he is roughly as tall as AWB. Certainly looks 6 ft or more now. Still filling out.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I really would favour just getting a good right winger for 20/30m instead of Sancho and keeping Mason as the definite first choice.
Been thinking this for a while. As soon as we knew we weren't going to pony up for Sancho we should've targeted a back up and put all our eggs in the Greenwood basket.

drdoityourself

Looks stronger and faster. But hasn't had a preseason so I might just be making that up in my head. He's absolutely lethal and needs to be a starter in this team, regardless of who is brought in.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
was fast and slick. Could have scored before he did, but Bruno messed up the pass by sending it to Rashford instead.

Greenwood would be an amazing sub to bring on against tiring legs, if only we had Sancho.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
This has been my thinking for sometime now.
Sancho has played 101 games for BVB and he's still only 20. Why cant we put the same faith in a player such as Greenwood ?

Alemar

Sancho can play down the right or down the left with exactly the same efficiency. So, it’s not like he will always start ahead of Greenwood - sometimes he will start ahead of Rashford on the left, and sometimes he will not start at all for rotation needs

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I love watching him dribble into the box doing step overs, his finishing is spot on but his ability to make space goes under the radar.

Status
Not open for further replies.