Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Something seems fundamentally off about Mason. Today in pre-match, Ole said Mason is having problems (off the pitch) and they are trying to help him. That doesn't sound good. Greenwood is a generational talent (bigger talent than Rashy), it would be heartbreaking to see him throw it away.
What did he say?

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
We desperately need to get him more minutes. Once he gets consistent starts again he’ll be fine, Cavani + Greenwood on form would be something. :devil:

kundalini

Absolutely terrible performance. Wasted two huge chances that were ideal for him. Woeful shot wide from an angle with an open goal, then shot straight at the keeper after intercepting a poor pass from their keeper.

Utdstar01

Absolutely terrible performance. Wasted two huge chances that were ideal for him. Woeful shot wide from an angle with an open goal, then shot straight at the keeper after intercepting a poor pass from their keeper.
Wouldn't go as far as terrible. Thought his all round play was fine apart from his decision making. Rashford was equally as bad if not worse.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Going through a bad patch but this is what happens with young kids.

He'll get through it but it was the right decision to pull him off at HT.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Thinks it's going to be a while before he's back to his best. Hopefully the other attackers can pick up the slack.

Kag

Yet the most dangerous player on the field for us in the first half. Uncharacteristically poor finishing but he was unlucky to be removed.

SinNombre

As a striker, the fact that he got into position for 2 excellent chances in 45' is great.

That he didn't finish them, I am fine to write it off on the lack of minutes.

Any criticism from United fans would be stupid.

M16Red

Let’s be honest he’s being hung out to try by the team selections.
What, so selecting him is to hang him out to dry?

I think he was just hooked be we needed a forward with experience and Greenwood is still really young.

Really happy to see him start, I don't think he'll start vs PSG sadly.

Idxomer

He wasn't terrible and the two chances he made for himself by good movement and reading of the defender's mistakes.

Of course, he should've done better once he was through on the goal but it happens to all strikers.

tjb

I don't think the first chance he missed was that bad. I think it was really overblown by commentary. I see Martial and Rashford consistently miss those chances without people commenting

spiriticon

Not great this season. I get that there's a lot on his plate at the moment but has to toughen up quickly.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I don't think the first chance he missed was that bad. I think it was really overblown by commentary. I see Martial and Rashford consistently miss those chances without people commenting
Rashford yes, but it was the kind of chance I'd expect Martial and Mason to normally put away. Martial is obviously struggling with his finishing this season and unfortunately it looks like Mason might be as well.

el3mel

He was terrible today. His two sitters he missed were unusually rubbish finishing. Honestly if we had lost, he would have been a big reason for that.

Absolutely love the kid and he's an exceptional talent and all but truth has to be said that's all.

UncleBob

He puts himself into a bad position after an excellent first touch, hesitates to take the shot.

That second attempt of his was an absolute disaster. If he looks up he'll see how badly positioned the goalkeeper is, but he just blindly hammers it and it goes the only place where the goalkeeper has a chance of saving it

The United

If his finishing was on top as usual, we could have made the game easier. Those were shocking misses for him.

He was awful today. Not just the misses, but his touches were all over the place too.

Whatever the truth is about him off field the club needs to get it resolved.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He was terrible today. His two sitters he missed were unusually rubbish finishing. Honestly if we had lost, he would have been a big reason for that.

Absolutely love the kid and he's an exceptional talent and all but truth has to be said that's all.
Can't really disagree with you, but I'd say his partner up top was at least as bad if not even worse. Overall they were our only two poor players today.

laughtersassassin

People are being very harsh in here today. Only difference between his and Rashfords performance is Rashford was given 45 more minutes.

Fred or Matic deserved to go off at half time more than Greenwood.

It doesn't help when his minutes have been very inconsistent.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
What, so selecting him is to hang him out to dry?

I think he was just hooked be we needed a forward with experience and Greenwood is still really young.

Really happy to see him start, I don't think he'll start vs PSG sadly.
He’s playing alongside Rashford who can’t hold up the ball. Would be far better as part of a front three with Martial and/or Cavani. He isn’t currently capable of holding up the ball but he still carries a massive threat. Just hasn’t been involved in any of our best selections thus far this season.

MS4

He had his chances, as many as rashford and he might have scored one if he had played 90 mins.
Martial is often even quieter.
Would prefer rash-cavani-mason

spiriticon

I know he hasn't played much this season but when he's on, it's just been a bit ...vacant.

Not really doing much on the right, not really getting into goal scoring positions either. He's sort of drifting along in midfield mostly.

laughtersassassin

I know he hasn't played much this season but when he's on, it's just been a bit ...vacant.

Not really doing much on the right, not really getting into goal scoring positions either. He's sort of drifting along in midfield mostly.
Don't you think that is just down to how poor we have been most games?

Think about it, all of Rashford Greenwood and Martial have been poor this season.

Overall we just haven't got going. It's stop start stuff. New formation and new 11 every week.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Only difference today was he missed a couple of chances that he usually scores. Rest of his play was fine really. With Cavani on the bench and Ole not wanting to change the system it probably was a no brainer that he had to be the one to make way

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He'll be fine. He was never going to keep up his scoring rate and is still a great finisher, but difference is he's also just getting more and better chances now. Doesn't help that our systems have been quite weird and not one of our attackers have been very consistent, points to a systemic problem for me.

Either way I think Cavani being here will help him loads. Neither Rashford nor Martial are long term strikers. Greenwood has that movement and knack to get among the chances. He can learn from Cavani and then after these 2 seasons that Cavani is here, become that main striker with Martial on the left and Rashford on the right.

spiriticon

Don't you think that is just down to how poor we have been most games?

Think about it, all of Rashford Greenwood and Martial have been poor this season.

Overall we just haven't got going. It's stop start stuff. New formation and new 11 every week.
Martial has been poor agreed. Rashford's been the same as last season, anonymous for 85 minutes each match but will probably end up with 20 goals and 10 assists anyway.

Greenwood, eh, I just expect a bit more because I've seen what he can do. Of course it's still early in the season and things will change.

M16Red

He’s playing alongside Rashford who can’t hold up the ball. Would be far better as part of a front three with Martial and/or Cavani. He isn’t currently capable of holding up the ball but he still carries a massive threat. Just hasn’t been involved in any of our best selections thus far this season.
Martial was ill and Ole said he needed a game, we was 2 nil down by half time we needed a 9, while I believed he will be a 9 (Greenwood) he does like to come in from the right side to unleashed rockets.

He's also not been fit and gone through personal issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.