5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperiorXI

He had a bad game yesterday but didn't vanish completely (like a lot of youngsters do!)

It is clear to me this kid is going to be incredible and we'll be lucky to have him through his prime.

RooneyLegend

His ability to finish is holding him back frome developing the rest of his game. His movement and positioning In particular.

Man Utd 1:3 PSG

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I was really impressed with him when he came on. He did well in a lot of physical chances and came away with the ball pretty much every time. I think he and Cavani could have a fruitful partnership. Id start the two of them against West Ham for sure.

Grande

He was great when he came on, should be getting Martials minutes.
He was hungry, and showed very good skills to keep the ball, but I thought he ruined very much of our play by holding on to the ball for far to long. We were one man down and needed quick passing and Greenwood inside the box. Instead he slowed us down, took the ball backwards and let them regroup and crowd him. Inexperienced. He’ll learn. Famtastic all round talent.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
What an insanely talented footballer. This kid would be worth 100-150m pounds on any other team in the world.

HowYouDoin

He should get a chance to nail down the starting spot and make it his. Everyone else got plethora of chances and theyre hot and cold after 5 years.
Let Mason start the next 5 games.

simplyared

Can't believe whats happened to the lad. Imo, in terms of raw talent, the best we've produced since Best. And yes I rate him higher in that aspect than Giggs. Don't care about his young age, so called immaturity, whats happening off the field, bla, bla, bla, with the tools he already has, he should be banging in goals for us. Not spending most of his time on the bench. Yes I'm pointing a finger at the manager and coaching staff!

pascell

Can't believe whats happened to the lad. Imo, in terms of raw talent, the best we've produced since Best. And yes I rate him higher in that aspect than Giggs. Don't care about his young age, so called immaturity, whats happening off the field, bla, bla, bla, with the tools he already has, he should be banging in goals for us. Not spending most of his time on the bench. Yes I'm pointing a finger at the manager and coaching staff!
I actually think Ole has handled it well, taken Mason out of the media spotlight and will now start bringing him back into the first team. Plus he was ill during the international break and had the passing of his friend to deal with, I'm sure he'll start kicking on now.

Lynty

I'll admit it, I have an irrational disinterest in Greenwood.

Do you remember the Nike world cup advert "The Last Game" when some scientist creates footballer clones that don't make mistakes and play without passion. That's the feeling I get from him.

Of course, I still pretend he's the next coming of Ronaldo to oppo fans.

Born2Lose

Did well when he came on, and this really is the capacity he should be used in. He shouldn't be starting games and there shouldn't be so much pressure on a young lad.

Sylar

I was so surprised he didnt come on sooner when we could see Rashford struggling.
I do think we should have ended the game with him and Cavani instead of Ighalo (nothing against him)

RedDevil@84

He needs to find his form and rhythm and start scoring before the crucial Xmas period

Toni's Left Foot

I was a late bloomer and by 17-18 yo I think I suddenly grew like 5' in a summer. I was playing football a lot back then and it did took a while for me to get used to my 'new' body.
You shot up 5 foot?

I imagine you have to have your clothes specially made?

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Disappointed with his development so far this season, he was overhyped to no end as generational talent, which he isn’t. But I still rate him highly as youngster with huge talent though, it’s just that he isn’t anywhere near to Haaland/Mbappe type of talent, that doesn’t mean he can’t be great player. He will make good impact sub for us this season, he is still only 19 so I am confident he will have a great career with us.

Foxbatt

His attitude is what is holding him back. He also scores from a certain area. I saw the analysis against Southampton. He was not bursting a gut to get into the box. He was just jogging while Bruno was bursting his gut to get into the box. He is talented no doubt but talent alone is not going to get him there unless he changes his attitude.

Grande

Disappointed with his development so far this season, he was overhyped to no end as generational talent, which he isn’t. But I still rate him highly as youngster with huge talent though, it’s just that he isn’t anywhere near to Haaland/Mbappe type of talent, that doesn’t mean he can’t be great player. He will make good impact sub for us this season, he is still only 19 so I am confident he will have a great career with us.
Discuss! I take the middle road.

macheda14

I love him and think he’ll get better and better. But one thing I’ve noticed that pisses me off to no end is how he shirks away from so many aerial 50/50s he like half heartedly jumps and turns his body away. I mean he’s just non existent in the air.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Discuss! I take the middle road.
Well he is obviously very talented as shown last season as 18 year old. But this season so far, he hasn’t really impressed me much. Those other generational type of talented youngsters or wonderkid that are being compared with him last season, are all far ahead of him at age 19. For example:

Mbappe at age 19:
- 39 goals in 43 games
- scored 9 goals for France
- 4th place in Ballon D’or

Haaland at age 19:
- 44 goals in 40 games
- golden boy

Sancho at age 19:
- 20 goals 19 assist in 40 games

Rooney at age 19:
- 17 goals in 43 games
- young player of year, golden boy

Owen at age 19:
- 23 goals in 40 games
- player of year, golden boot

L.Ronaldo at age 19:
- 35 goals in 36 games
- league top scorer

Greenwood at age 19:
- 2 goals in 11 games
- struggle with form/performance
- struggle in starting line up

Not saying Greenwood isn’t great, as different player develop at different pace (for example Messi and Ronaldo develop at insane pace from 22-23 onwards, while many other youngster didn’t quite improve or even regress ever since their early peak form). But if compare with other best teenage talents, it seems Greenwood isn’t quite at same level.

HowYouDoin

His attitude is what is holding him back. He also scores from a certain area. I saw the analysis against Southampton. He was not bursting a gut to get into the box. He was just jogging while Bruno was bursting his gut to get into the box. He is talented no doubt but talent alone is not going to get him there unless he changes his attitude.
Lets hope you get proven wrong cuz that would really be awful. There must be something wrong at our club then if our young players constany develop a bad attitude with us.

With that being said I am a huge believer in Mason and I think he will turn it around this year, he is too good not to and Ole better start playing him consistantly. I think if you play Greenwood consistently he will play himself into form and give you goals. Still hasnt hit the ground running this year but again too good not to.

Mr PG

Well he is obviously very talented as shown last season as 18 year old. But this season so far, he hasn’t really impressed me much. Those other generational type of talented youngsters or wonderkid that are being compared with him last season, are all far ahead of him at age 19. For example:

Mbappe at age 19:
- 39 goals in 43 games

Haaland at age 19:
- 44 goals in 40 games
- golden boy

Sancho at age 19:

Rooney at age 19:
- 17 goals in 43 games

Owen at age 19:
- 23 goals in 40 games

L.Ronaldo at age 19:
- 35 goals in 36 games
- league top scorer

Greenwood at age 19:
- 2 goals in 11 games

Not saying Greenwood isn’t great, as different player develop at different pace (for example Messi and Ronaldo develop at insane pace from 22-23 onwards, while many other youngster didn’t quite improve or even regress ever since their early peak form). But if compare with other best teenage talents, it seems Greenwood isn’t quite at same level.
Wrong comparisons as Greenwood's body type not fully developed yet. Rooney for instance had a man's body at 16 but you can't teach Greenwood's finishing.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
He really is that good.

HowYouDoin

Wrong comparisons as Greenwood's body type not fully developed yet. Rooney for instance had a man's body at 16 but you can't teach Greenwood's finishing.
True. Players develop differently.
Greenwood showed at 18 that he has bags of talent but so far he hasnt really done well this season. Still I do think by the end of the season he matches his goal scoring tally from last year at least.

For me I just think Greenwood is way too good to go a long time without scoring and that alone puts him in the conversation with the likes of players mentioned like Rooney etc.
I dont feel that way about say Rashford and I really rate Rashford. Dont feel that way about Martial either. Greenwood is simply too good not to start scoring in bunches soon.

HowYouDoin

Call me crazy but I do believe Greenwood is an Mbappe/Haaland level talent, maybe just a tier below. He is a prime level RVP talent IMO.
Maybe thats not quite Mbappe or Ballon D'Or but still world class. Either way I do think he belongs in the same conversation with them despite his slow start to the season.

Greenwood is just very very good. He will turn it around. His poor form atm is just that, poor form. When you are that good and talented, it wont last too long. Obviously a lot will also depend on his attitude but I really hope thats going to be fine too.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
@RedRonaldo The clear difference with all of those players you've listed is they were fully developed by that point.

Greenwood is still growing and hasn't really taken to his body yet, same sort of issue Rashford had around this age. He's had a bad start to the season for lots of reasons but he'll get a run in the team soon and get back to the form he was showing. He looked good against PSG I thought, was very lively and showed he's more than a goal scorer. Kept the ball well in tight spaces and his link up play is excellent. Just needs to learn to deal with defenders coming in from behind him.

Mike Phelan's Former Tash

Mbappe at age 19:
- 39 goals in 43 games

Haaland at age 19:
- 44 goals in 40 games
- golden boy

Sancho at age 19:

Rooney at age 19:
- 17 goals in 43 games

Owen at age 19:
- 23 goals in 40 games

L.Ronaldo at age 19:
- 35 goals in 36 games
- league top scorer

Greenwood at age 19:
- 2 goals in 11 games

Shouldn't this be 18 goals for Greenwood in about 44-50 games?

Grande

Mbappe at age 19:
- 39 goals in 43 games

Haaland at age 19:
- 44 goals in 40 games
- golden boy

Sancho at age 19:

Rooney at age 19:
- 17 goals in 43 games

Owen at age 19:
- 23 goals in 40 games

L.Ronaldo at age 19:
- 35 goals in 36 games
- league top scorer

Greenwood at age 19:
- 2 goals in 11 games

If he could choose to have the carreer development of Robin van Persie or the carreer development of Michael Owen, what would you choose? I’d say if he has either way, it will be fantastic. I don’t worry so much about Haaland or Generational Talents (RT), I’m just thrilled at seeing his potential actualize in sequences and hope to see more of it in the future, hopefully at United.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Mbappe at age 19:
- 39 goals in 43 games

Haaland at age 19:
- 44 goals in 40 games
- golden boy

Sancho at age 19:

Rooney at age 19:
- 17 goals in 43 games

Owen at age 19:
- 23 goals in 40 games

L.Ronaldo at age 19:
- 35 goals in 36 games
- league top scorer

Greenwood at age 19:
- 2 goals in 11 games

Amazing you went to so much effort researching an absolute turd of a post. Greenwood turned 19 almost exactly two months ago.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Yes right Owen body type was fully developed at age 18-19 then. Well done.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Errm, so last season is just forgotten???
Comparison was meant to be season starting at age 19 only. This applies to everyone else too. Sure we can compare 18-19 too across 2 seasons. But then everyone in the list will score a lot more too.

Last edited:

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Amazing you went to so much effort researching an absolute turd of a post. Greenwood turned 19 almost exactly two months ago.
Sure he still have the season to perform. Maybe by end of season we can have full comparison. But its not looking good at this point.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
@RedRonaldo The clear difference with all of those players you've listed is they were fully developed by that point.

Greenwood is still growing and hasn't really taken to his body yet, same sort of issue Rashford had around this age. He's had a bad start to the season for lots of reasons but he'll get a run in the team soon and get back to the form he was showing. He looked good against PSG I thought, was very lively and showed he's more than a goal scorer. Kept the ball well in tight spaces and his link up play is excellent. Just needs to learn to deal with defenders coming in from behind him.
Physically I don;t think Owen or Sancho are more fully developed than Greenwood at that point. Maybe Rooney and Haaland is, or even L.Ronaldo.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
If he could choose to have the carreer development of Robin van Persie or the carreer development of Michael Owen, what would you choose? I’d say if he has either way, it will be fantastic. I don’t worry so much about Haaland or Generational Talents (RT), I’m just thrilled at seeing his potential actualize in sequences and hope to see more of it in the future, hopefully at United.
Sure. But my point being, as teenage talent, Greenwood hasn't quite developed in the same manner as those top young generational type of talents that we thought who are comparable to him last season.
In future who knows, maybe he will develop faster than Ronaldo/Messi and become GOAT, but that's another topic to discuss.

acnumber9

Mbappe at age 19:
- 39 goals in 43 games

Haaland at age 19:
- 44 goals in 40 games
- golden boy

Sancho at age 19:

Rooney at age 19:
- 17 goals in 43 games

Owen at age 19:
- 23 goals in 40 games

L.Ronaldo at age 19:
- 35 goals in 36 games
- league top scorer

Greenwood at age 19:
- 2 goals in 11 games

Well, Mbappe was 20 for most of the season you’ve used as reference. He also played for a team that scored 145 goals to the 110 we mustered last season. He also played a lot more minutes and most of his games up front. Not really a fair comparison there.

tjb

A lot of people are being really biased when highlighting statistics. Greenwood has barely started games this season. How can you compare a player that has started maybe 4 times and has been coming on with only 20 minutes left, with players that start full games in a centre forward role. Greenwood hasn't hit a snag in his development, he just hasn't played enough

Status
Not open for further replies.