5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Irish Connection

Not signing that first team right winger hitting us again. Greenwood should be starting with rashford on the left but both aren’t in great form. Martial has been way below.
I just hope the lad Diallo can make an impact but it’s a lot to expect.

Sylar

Not signing that first team right winger hitting us again. Greenwood should be starting with rashford on the left but both aren’t in great form. Martial has been way below.
I just hope the lad Diallo can make an impact but it’s a lot to expect.
Reckon if he was more established that would be the case given the performances of all three.

As it is, he's now the first to be subbed off or last to be subbed on despite performances which is a shame

Mickson

Always the one who gets the sack by Ole. First out and last in every time, despite how Martial and Rashford are playing.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Ole needs to put more faith in him and the only way is that he needs to start banging goals when he starts which the games when Ole has started him three times in a row against Fulham, Liverpool and Sheffield United. Martial isn’t performing so the door to take Martial spot in front three is open.

The Irish Connection

Reckon if he was more established that would be the case given the performances of all three.

As it is, he's now the first to be subbed off or last to be subbed on despite performances which is a shame
All he needs is one shot and it’s a goal his accuracy is so good. Just hasn’t been able to make the space for his shots this season.

laughtersassassin

Being treated very unfairly this season.

And there is an argument it's to the detriment of the team especially the last two games.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Being treated very unfairly this season.

And there is an argument it's to the detriment of the team especially the last two games.
Not really. He was very poor most of the season and it's probably good management to be taken out of the firing line at his stage of development. It's only the last couple of weeks where he's starting to look a bit more like himself and could perhaps have played a little more.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
My feelings this season is that he should be starting ahead of either Martial or Rashford on the right owing to the fact he's the only one who seems consistently able to control the ball and pass it, I still maintain that his all round game this season has been much better than last year, even if he's not scoring at the same rate he was. You'd think that based on the treatment Rashford and Martial have received that Greenwood and Cavani should be given the same opportunities to stake their claim, but they're often noticeably absent from the starting 11 or, in Greenwoood's case, hooked off after 60 minutes every game. I don't like it when manager's play favourites.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
My feelings this season is that he should be starting ahead of either Martial or Rashford on the right owing to the fact he's the only one who seems consistently able to control the ball and pass it, I still maintain that his all round game this season has been much better than last year, even if he's not scoring at the same rate he was. You'd think that based on the treatment Rashford and Martial have received that Greenwood and Cavani should be given the same opportunities to stake their claim, but they're often noticeably absent from the starting 11 or, in Greenwoood's case, hooked off after 60 minutes every game. I don't like it when manager's play favourites.
I felt that Greenwood got alot of chances but didnt make the step up when we needed it and then got told to sit back on the bench.

He has had a very poor season and whilst I dont blame him - in a front line Martial's poor form is going to effect Greenwoods form on the RW whilst Greenwood's poor form is going to effect Martial's in the centre too.

Maybe it's time Greenwood gets another run since Rashford has played as much as he could on the RW, *arguably still being better than Greenwood on the RW this season.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I'd stop playing Martial up top if Cavani is being rested - just start bedding Greenwood in the 9. Martial's lost his chance for a while down the middle for me, been too poor for too long.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I'd stop playing Martial up top if Cavani is being rested - just start bedding Greenwood in the 9. Martial's lost his chance for a while down the middle for me, been too poor for too long.
Who would be the RW?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Who would be the RW?
Personally I'd love to see VDB tested there, because he can pick up very clever positions and is likely most effective further up.

However if we consider a first choice front 3 it's:

Rashford Cavani Greenwood.

If Cavani is rested I'd do something like:

Rashford Greenwood VDB/Martial/Mata.

Greenwood is likely to be more effective as the 9 than he is cutting in from the right, he's not doing anything devastating from that position as he rarely ever gets opportunities to test the keeper as much as a 9 would. Rashford is doing feck all on the right, so the alternatives in VDB/Mata/Martial on the right aren't exactly as step down as far as I'm concerned.

Litch

Ceiling is the highest of the Utd players but the downside of being at a big club is opportunities to not only play but in your right position. I think he needs a loan tbh as with Salah and DDB, you can stagnate very quickly if not playing and although theirs was not a loan, look what being sold and playing did for their careers.
The other problem Mason has is, it's not like he's surrounded by ageing players in his position. In principle there are potentially some pretty good ones come up behind him too.
Also if we do go back in for a RW or even a Grealish, where does he go from there?

tidraKS

Really really getting better on the ball. I loved what I saw tonight. Really wanted him to score but so happy with him tonight.

Mbappe2021

Supports
Real madrid
All i see is a selfish player whenever he has the ball he doesn't participate in the building and all he seems to want to do is create space to have a shot even when his teammates are in better position than him.

He has a great shot but his selfish mentalité is holding him back.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Excellent performance, some lovely deliveries today, shame he couldn't sneak a goal as well but very pleased with him.

RedRoach

All i see is a selfish player whenever he has the ball he doesn't participate in the building and all he seems to want to do is create space to have a shot even when his teammates are in better position than him.

He literally got an assist and the pass to Bruno to head down to James showed great vision

acnumber9

Probably his best performance this season. If he keeps playing like that the goals will come.

DickDastardly

Wasn't selfish at all tonight.

Perfect pass for the goal, also played Cavani on a couple of times.

He's learning and playing very good, need to keep him in the first time.

kundalini

Got an assist for Rashford's goal. More creative than usual. Encouraging performance though still not at his best.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Much better from him tonight, only criticism is we just attack far to frequently down the left. Need to spread our play abit more. He was a isolated figure for the majority of the 2nd half.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
You can see Mason's coming in to form. He's looked bright since the FA Cup fourth round and he looked dangerous. When he's distracting defenders like that it helps the whole team.

lost7

I thought he was brilliant today. Was taking on players, placing good crosses, could have got 1 or 2 more assists

RedStarUnited

You just woke up from a nap? Missed todays game?

Devil may care

His performance won't be as highly rated as he didn't score but I thought his team play was very mature and he played a big part in 2 of the goals.

onemanarmy

What on earth are you talking about?

Gordon S

His cross with the left is really really good. He should do it more often. Will give the defenders more to think about and he will get more chances to shoot as well.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Very good performance. His pass to Bruno for last goal of something he should do regularly. He had the ability to pick those passes.

Shame he didn't score. Deserved one for the game he had.

Bwuk

He’s our best option off the right. I hope we stop trying to force Rashford there.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'

Try opening your eyes in the next game. He’s entitled to work an angle and have a shot especially when he’s the best finisher at the club. He got an assist tonight, I saw that as my eyes were open.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
You can see Mason's coming in to form. He's looked bright since the FA Cup fourth round and he looked dangerous. When he's distracting defenders like that it helps the whole team.
Agreed, he’s been so much better again recently. Only a matter of time before he grabs afew more goals too.

Status
Not open for further replies.