5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

romufc

This was a general comment based on the recent Prem games he has been in the bench with Martial getting underserved starts. Also all season be has kind of been in and out in general which is frustrating.

That said it does piss me off he is injured/missing for tonight.

We tried to play Martial into form and it hasn't worked. Mason needs a prolonged run now so hopefully the injury is something small.
If Greenwood has a few bad games, would you want him dropped or given time?

Tarrou

Yeah I agree, it's like Ole has been trying to play Martial into form all season.

Enough is enough, Mason deserves to be ahead of Martial if you ask me.
its actually a good sign he's moving ahead of Martial in the pecking order isn't it? Its a complete dead rubber

laughtersassassin

Well he would if he plays tonight and then Sunday, hence why resting him tonight!

With Mata and Amad most likely being involved we can keep him sharp for Sunday. (I hope not an injury)
He played 1 game in the last week and a half. He needs match sharpness more than a rest.

romufc

He played 1 game in the last week and a half. He needs match sharpness more than a rest.
I dont get the issue? He started as a 9 in the return leg and was on the bench on the weekend, got 20 odd minutes.

Cavani is injured so need a striker, why would Ole want to risk Greenwood today when the tie is more or less won?

It would be questionable if he doesn't start on Sunday but until then the decision looks correct.

RUCK4444

Well he would if he plays tonight and then Sunday, hence why resting him tonight!

With Mata and Amad most likely being involved we can keep him sharp for Sunday. (I hope not an injury)
Yeah that’s what I was thinking initially, if Ole does prioritise him for the starting 11 in big games that’s a good indication he wants to phase out Martial (hopefully.)

More important than tonight I would like to see us start with Rashford - Cavani - Greenwood on Sunday.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
They've just released a "pre game" interview with Ole on the manutd app, and he says no new injuries - so he's either being rested for Sunday or he'll be there and he's just not been spotted.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

Don't think Mata's with the squad.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
No mata or Greenwood? With our injuries who is going in the front 4? Surprised we wont use this match to rest Bruno
Not sure, Rashford, Martial, James and Fernandes would be my guess. If Solskjaer's feeling brave he could put one of Shoretire or Amad in.

Adam-Utd

No mata or Greenwood? With our injuries who is going in the front 4? Surprised we wont use this match to rest Bruno
Not sure, Rashford, Martial, James and Fernandes would be my guess. If Solskjaer's feeling brave he could put one of Shoretire or Amad in.
You just know we'll go full strength, win comfortably then sub in Amad and Shoretire at 90mins. we'll be tired against Chelsea then Ole will wonder why.

DFreshKing

You just know we'll go full strength, win comfortably then sub in Amad and Shoretire at 90mins. we'll be tired against Chelsea then Ole will wonder why.
Yeah I think it would be crazy to start our first team front four minus the injured Cavani. Rest them but have them on the bench as a saftey net. Surely we are confident enough in our squad players to protect four goals I actually think the sub back five is stronger in any case....

Eternitiy

Very good footballer, I should like to see him given a chance up front. Pointless to continue playing Martial, honestly.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Keeps pulling his shots a bit at the moment. They'll start going back in eventually. Hopefully the fact he got brought off rather than Martial means he's likelier to start against Chelsea.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Regressed somewhat.
The regression is his shots from range and impossibly unsustainable finishing rate balancing out a bit. The problem is that he's playing on the wing where he isn't a natural at all and just doesn't get among the chances enough. He has a strikers movement, not a wingers movement. He's not a creative player, he's a scorer. Playing him on the right of a 4231, in front of Wan Bissaka is basically pointless. We're hoping for a screamer from range, hard worker and not making mistakes. Hes not gonna be a threat like Rashford on the left as that's just not his game from the wing. He needs to go up top whenever Cavani isn't around as his movement is that of a strikers. It takes time to learn the position, but I just don't think he's going to play that well as a right winger ever or have much of an impact. You can see he's neat and tidy on the ball, he's not making mistakes really, it's just he's not getting among chances or creating them due to positioning. Different players, but its like when we played Rooney on the wing back in the day. Sometimes it'd work. Most of the time it wouldn't, at all. Greenwood is definitely a striker, he's got a strikers body, a strikers instincts, a strikers movement and a strikers mentality. Putting him on the wing is IMO a waste, I'd rather play Dan James there or Rashford on the right with Martial left even though he's off form. Greenwood should rotate with Cavani and he'd show his best form like that (and where he'll fulfill his massive potential).

DoomSlayer

Keeps pulling his shots a bit at the moment. They'll start going back in eventually. Hopefully the fact he got brought off rather than Martial means he's likelier to start against Chelsea.
I think both will have to start, because we have a lot of injuries at the moment, even James seems to have picked up a knock.

Adam-Utd

Thought he was really good today, some lovely link up play and was close to scoring after that 1-2. Best of our forwards today. Think he deserves to start again at palace

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
He’s alway the first one off. Rashford did absolutely nothing btw. The stats don’t say it but Greenwood is our best attacker.

Dan_F

As others said, thought he was linking play really well, but had very little support from those around him. He seems to be improving with the ball at his feet, rather than looking for an easy pass back.

Didn't deserve to come off. Our best attacker today who actually kept the ball moving unlike Rashford who loves receiving the ball in acres of space and stopping to kill any momentum the attack had. Even James who offered nothing today was kept on over him, really disappointing from Ole

RedDevilRoshi

Thought he was the best out of our front 3 today.

Rashford or James should have made way first, not Greenwood.

Raven

Thought he put in a typical Martial of this season performance. We don't utilise our striker enough.

laughtersassassin

Thought he put in a typical Martial of this season performance. We don't utilise our striker enough.
Hardly comparable. He held the ball up and passed it on to his teammates very well.

Was the best of the front 3.

Martial played 13 minutes and didn't hold it up once.

Red-17

His hold up play and all around game has progressed massively. If he can get his goal scoring form back, he's going to be phenomenal. Don't think he should've been subbed off ahead of Rashford or James.

Raven

Hardly comparable. He held the ball up and passed it on to his teammates very well.

Was the best of the front 3.

Martial played 13 minutes and didn't hold it up once.
That's exactly what Martial's been doing this season, with a few exceptions where he couldn't even do that.

criticalanalysis

Quietly very impressive for me.

His hold, link up, passing and even individual threat was good.

When he grows into his body, this kid is gonna be something else.

spiriticon

I still don't see him as a focal point for the attack at the moment.

Too much like Rashford and Martial for my liking.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Seems like he used all his goalscoring luck last season. His shots are generally well executed, just bad luck they never go in.

By far the best attacking player we have right now, such a shame he's not getting any goals because he deserves one.

acnumber9

Did well when he got the ball and really shouldn’t be the sacrificial lamb every fecking time.

Superunknown

Thought it was hard for him today when the service wasn't there and where he basically didn't have a midfield behind him feeding him. I want to see him in this position more, but actually given the ball more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.