5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoof the ball

I don't agree that we need to send him somewhere out on loan where he can play and develop without pressure. Pressure is good for development. Becoming accustomed to mental pressure is refining tool for great talents. Imagine if Monaco loaned out Mbappe at 17 to Sochaux for the sake of pressure-free development instead of playing him in key, crucial CL and league games as one of their main CF's. Perhaps the Mbappe we know now might be a year or more behind his current trajectory. His exposure to pressure was the making of him. It's not true that young players uniformly all require the absence of pressure to develop, or that it's even the best method. All that to say that I'm not talking about throwing him in the deep end and making him responsible for our success, but that staying at United and developing mental strength through coping with a poorer season can often be the driving motivation which drastically improves his performance in the next one.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I'm not too worried about him. I don't like trying to push him for the wings, I don't think it'll do him much good and has the chance at taking away some strikers instincts, but this is just a down second season after his first season was incredible. He'll be fine, but going through a struggle with confidence at the moment. He'll come good in time for sure, he's too good not to IMO.

Will be a big day for him today though with everyone injured. Need him to step up, but he's still 19 so important to not overreact if he can't, considering our situation in attack.

Dante

Average bang
Greenwood needs to learn how to win his one-on-one physical duels. It's far easier to pick up those tricks on the wing than through the middle.

And whatever some people might say, he hasn't regressed. He's just in the process of learning a new aspect of the game that he didn't need at youth level because he was so technically dominant.

It's like a player in a FPS game who's completed every level up till now using only his sniper rifle because he's simply that much of a genius. Then he gets to the final boss and finds out that he needs to be able to melee as well.

It's a relatively easy skill to pick up in the grand scheme of things. And I've no doubt he will. He's only 19 and can already the difficult things he needs to. The rest is just about growing into his body.

Jaxa

Next season will be make or break for Mason,

This season is a write off for him, I mean young players are allowed dips but he's been shocking all season and barely contributed anything but luckily for him due to injuries/lack of alternatives he has played more than he deserves, however he won't get the same leeway next season , he needs to learn from this seasons struggles and push on and improve as top players do,

He's a fantastic talent but we can't have passengers in this team and with Amad and also hopefully a new attacker it will provide competition for him which will naturally up his game, i do believe in him though, we seen enough last season to see how electric this guy can be.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?

This season is a write off for him, I mean young players are allowed dips but he's been shocking all season and barely contributed anything but luckily for him due to injuries/lack of alternatives he has played more than he deserves, however he won't get the same leeway next season , he needs to learn from this seasons struggles and push on and improve as top players do,

He's a fantastic talent but we can't have passengers in this team and with Amad and also hopefully a new attacker it will provide competition for him which will naturally up his game, i do believe in him though, we seen enough last season to see how electric this guy can be.
He's 19 :lol:

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

FFS :lol:

Zlatans Knee

I guess you're watching the game on the BBC. He does look pretty decent, if a little slower than I remember. Links up quite well with other forwards too - with more talented players around him that would be an asset.
Yep, I thought he looked good today. He has a few more strings to his bow than Greenwood at the moment. Greenwood seems to have forgotten what he is good at.

AgentSmith

Really promising performance.

Finishing let him down which is unusual but his overall play looked great.

Think he’ll be a monster for us next season.

El-Manos

He was very good, on another day he would have scored twice. Terrorised their defence all afternoon.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Unlucky not to convert. Good CF performance.

Brightonian

So unlucky. Give him twenty inches of wiggle to spread throughout the season and he'd have five or six more goals than he does. Playing really brightly though, often more than anyone else in the front line.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I still think he’s playing so well. The obsession with stats doesn’t tend to help him either. He’s one of our best players in the buildup and is capable of creating something from very little. The goals will come.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I still think he’s playing so well. The obsession with stats doesn’t tend to help him either. He’s one of our best players in the buildup and is capable of creating something from very little. The goals will come.
He’s doing alright! He gets into dangerous positions quite often. Feel sorry for him not getting his goal.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Excellent performance, shame he couldn't get a goal. But this is what I want to see from him. In the middle, having shots at goal and in dangerous positions. More of the same please. It's where he'll realize his enormous potential, not on the wing.

el3mel

That was a great game. The Greenwood I know and love. With a better luck he would have had goals and assists under his belt.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Ladies and gentlemen. We have a (future) superstar in our hand.

city-puma

He is brilliant today. I am now very convinced he needs to play in the center. He will get goal very soon and probably could open a flood of goals then.

The Viper

One of his better performance this season. Such a shame he couldn't bag a goal. He was very involved today and almost had a couple of assist if not for our shit finishing.

Alemar

Hit the post twice, created a great chance for Rashford. Very good game, it’s a shame he didn’t score

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
The type of player you pay to watch. Just hope he keeps developing and improving his game. Model his mentality and work ethic after someone like Ronaldo and he could reach incredible heights.

bsCallout

Thought he was cracking today. Two good shots, that when he's in form will be goals, not the post. Great interchanges with Bruno. Set up one for Rashford and put another across the face of the box. Possibly his best no.9 performance, against a team that sits deep too. Great stuff.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
His statistical regression to the mean is going to kick in very soon. He'll be bagging 4 goals a game

Swedish_Plumber

We’d score more goals if we had people making good movement in the box. Greenwood played a few great balls in from the byline and nobody made any attempt/gambled on where it was gonna go.

Hephaestus

Played really well, only thing lacking was the finish. Want to see him get a run of games as the striker even if that means seeing more of James on the wing (would prefer Amad)

Status
Not open for further replies.