5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

romufc

I’d much rather Greenwood get a good rest post-season and a proper pre-season. He’s 19, ffs. Has so many more years to be part of the England team.
Agreed. I rather him stay in Manchester and prepare for next season than go with England and get no minutes.

GazTheLegend

Slowly turning into a superstar.

Cavani seems extremely harsh on poor Mason during games but honestly it seems to be -working-. Anyone else think Edison has been given a mentor role for Mason? Watching his all round game get to the next level has been an absolute pleasure.

Mike Smalling

Checked his wiki yesterday, and apparently he is on 95 appearances for United already, so he will probably reach 100 this season. A lot of those are from the bench of course, but it's still a bit mental. I wonder if that would make him the youngest player to reach that milestone for United?

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Slowly turning into a superstar.

Cavani seems extremely harsh on poor Mason during games but honestly it seems to be -working-. Anyone else think Edison has been given a mentor role for Mason? Watching his all round game get to the next level has been an absolute pleasure.
I loved when Cavani told him off and play it quick, and next time he crosses it first time for Cavani's goal. He was poor this season but great to see that he finds some form which is crucial for our otherwise rather poor attacking play

bsCallout

He was good today and the first time cross for Cavani was brilliant. I do not think Bruno intended to get the ball to Mason in that fashion though. That said he has been horrible for some time now. Hopefully this will get him going.
You don't think Bruno intended the nutmeg?!

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
Might be a confidence thing but he appears more reluctant to go on his right this season, and has been forcing his one v ones onto his left to get his shot off which is more predictable. He's still very good on his right so needs to fake more on his left and go right and the left will open up again.

Scored quite a few off his right last year. Hopefully his confidence is back now and he continues to use both sides to have defenders really struggling again.

GazTheLegend

I loved when Cavani told him off and play it quick, and next time he crosses it first time for Cavani's goal. He was poor this season but great to see that he finds some form which is crucial for our otherwise rather poor attacking play
Yeah. I disagree that he's been poor though - sure he's not scored as many goals this season but otherwise he's been noticeably better in other ways.

Alemar

He can still get into double digits on goals scored this season and make a few more assists, which would constitute a respectable season

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Felt like a madman at times last season trying to convince everyone how well rounded he is but he's really showing that this season, his finishing, passing and crossing have all been displayed very well. He was always so much more than just a finisher, that's why we were so excited about him, I've very, very rarely seen players dominate youth level the way he did.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Yeah. I disagree that he's been poor though - sure he's not scored as many goals this season but otherwise he's been noticeably better in other ways.
Overall, I just felt that he's been in poor form for most of the season. I think this season was important in terms of mental development, especially after his personal issues. Let's see if he continues to rise next season though

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
If we are going to ask Kane Levy could probably ask Mason in return. Just out of interest, anyone would be fine with that ?

I would just tell him to feck off. Mason is a bigger talent than Kane .

CG1010

If we are going to ask Kane Levy could probably ask Mason in return. Just out of interest, anyone would be fine with that ?

No way! I don't see any scenarios for trading up our homegrown superstars for anyone! I remember such questions were asked about Rashford too

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Said it last season too, but I can't help but be reminded of Ronaldo (brazilian one) whenever I watch Mason. He's an unbelievable talent.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Wouldn't trade him for any player on the planet. He's a special talent who is one of our own.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

Don't think I'd trade him or Rashford for anyone, there's a real sense of pride when two of your academy products are among the hottest prospects in world football, Rashford's on back to back 20 goal seasons now, who was the last academy graduate we had who managed that?

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018

Not a chance, would be unforgivable.

Raven

He's had a tough season. He was total shite for the first half of the season, easily our worst player, then January rolled around and he started putting in good performances but not goals. Delighted that he's worked hard and is now back amongst the goal, he's a great player to watch.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.

Woodward would have to be smoking crack to accept that deal

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Thanks guys. Pretty much everyone agrees that it's not even worth having a discussion.

Sylar

Hes better as the 2 up top than outwide in the 3 as hes closer to goal.

The cross was amazing, the finish was nice (caught the keeper out). He did what he didnt do the last game, which was first time stuff, like the cross or the stepover ,create space and shoot (which he was doing last season).
He could be important going into end of season as he should be fresh and ready and firing.

FortBoyard

gets teste with iPads
Supports
Bitter Racism
He's had a tough season. He was total shite for the first half of the season, easily our worst player, then January rolled around and he started putting in good performances but not goals. Delighted that he's worked hard and is now back amongst the goal, he's a great player to watch.
Genuinely think the Iceland incident with England affected him.

Classical Mechanic

Alex Scott picked out a good moment from the game on MoTD where Cavani bollocked him on the pitch for running into a crowd of players and not releasing the ball to him, shortly after Mason put in a first cross which Cavani scored from.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Might be a confidence thing but he appears more reluctant to go on his right this season, and has been forcing his one v ones onto his left to get his shot off which is more predictable. He's still very good on his right so needs to fake more on his left and go right and the left will open up again.

Scored quite a few off his right last year. Hopefully his confidence is back now and he continues to use both sides to have defenders really struggling again.
Yep he's noticeably used his right foot way less this year, must be a confidence thing.

I could never tell what foot he was back in the academy days, but he's clearly leaning more on his left now.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Alex Scott picked out a good moment from the game on MoTD where Cavani bollocked him on the pitch for running into a crowd of players and not releasing the ball to him, shortly after Mason put in a first cross which Cavani scored from.
Being selfish but I hope Cavani stays though totally understandable if he doesn't, especially in this climate.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Don't think I'd trade him or Rashford for anyone, there's a real sense of pride when two of your academy products are among the hottest prospects in world football, Rashford's on back to back 20 goal seasons now, who was the last academy graduate we had who managed that?
Offer them Jesse to play in the Son's role when Son starves and needs to leave WHL.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Yeah people saying “hope he kicks on now” haven’t been paying attention for the past few months. He’s been arguably our sharpest attacker of recent times with Rashford and Cavani injured and now Martial, but he’s been unlucky in front of goal so he hasn’t gotten the headlines he got last year after the restart. I love the way his game is rounding into form though, and he’s clearly more confiden these days.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Yeah people saying “hope he kicks on now” haven’t been paying attention for the past few months. He’s been arguably our sharpest attacker of recent times with Rashford and Cavani injured and now Martial, but he’s been unlucky in front of goal so he hasn’t gotten the headlines he got last year after the restart. I love the way his game is rounding into form though, and he’s clearly more confiden these days.
I agree. The good thing is that when you gain form like that you often can keep it up. I could see him kicking on now and never looking back, he’s that jig a talent for me.

Djemba-Djemba

You could see him slowly getting back into form for a few weeks, he was just desperately unlucky for ages. Kept hitting the woodwork.

But now that's 3 goals in his last 4 appearances plus a great assist for the Cavani header.

Really think he'll end the season strongly.

el3mel

What a player. Exceptional. I can't imagine what he'll be once he hits 23 or something.

Won us the game, simply put.

Status
Not open for further replies.