5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

always_hoping

His good performances was there for months was just lacking the scoring touch/having a lean spell in front of goal.

Not anymore, without a doubt one of the most talented teenage footballers in Europe.

Acole9

Outstanding
When he cuts in from the right and shoots I fancy him to score everytime. Happy that he's hit some good form and all that rubbish about him at the start of the season has disappeared.

Trex

Some people suggesting we don't buy a winger now, I feel we still need to, someone who is more a creator and can play both flanks be it Sancho or Neto, I don't like the idea of playing three strikers at a time...BTW Greenwood is class, having this kind of talent coming through our system is a joy.

Devil may care

In the pre match presser on Thursday. Embargoed until last night.

I don't think we will be in for Sancho or another RW. CF will hopefully be the main priority.
Might not even be a Striker we are in for if Cavani stays.

Jonty

Great to see Greenwood's confidence growing game by game, talent was always there

Brightonian

If Cavani goes he must be replaced. Ole is right. I've been back and forth personally this season, but it is increasingly clear Greenwood's settled into that flexible wide/supporting role. He probably still will be a CF eventually, but not for a few seasons. His crossing, dribbling and all-round link-up play get properly aired with that extra bit of space, and it makes the most of his two-footedness too. Needs a target man to play with.

tjb

If Cavani goes he must be replaced. Ole is right. I've been back and forth personally this season, but it is increasingly clear Greenwood's settled into that flexible wide/supporting role. He probably still will be a CF eventually, but not for a few seasons. His crossing, dribbling and all-round link-up play get properly aired with that extra bit of space, and it makes the most of his two-footedness too. Needs a target man to play with.
If that's the case, we need to go in for a top striker, maybe who can hold up play and potentially drop Fernandes deeper. We don't have enough support for our build up play , moving to a 433 would allow both rashford and greenwood the ability to stay high with the knowledge that there is adequate cover deep.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Most exciting player for next season. Such a natural footballer. His overall game is getting close to Rashford level and he's a better goalscorer already. Needs to work on his back to goal play and timing of his runs but he'll be a great player no doubt.
He is not a better goalscorer than Rashford, his finishing is better but Rashford is still better goalscorer. Also, he is not half involved in the build up as Rashford is, and Rashford creates more goals and chances than him.

It's been generally very poor season for him, but he's had few very good games, and hopefully he can finish the season strongly based on today's form.

HJ12

Just read somewhere that Mason's goals makes him joint-top scoring teenager in PL history for us (level with Rooney on 15). Is this right?!
:eek:

Rolaholic

It's been so good seeing our starboy getting back in form in the second half of the season :drool:

Still think he's got all the tools to be our best forward since prime RvP if he continues improving as he has been

Rossa

Is it a good thing that he was never lightning fast as a youngster like Rashford, Walcott, Lennon or James for that matter. To get past players he has to use his agility and dribbling in the past, which has matured his general play. He doesn’t play like uour typical winger. This season he has also matured greatly physically, and now he can run at players as well as having those other skills. He can mix it up more, and he has brilliant close control.

Trex

If that's the case, we need to go in for a top striker, maybe who can hold up play and potentially drop Fernandes deeper. We don't have enough support for our build up play , moving to a 433 would allow both rashford and greenwood the ability to stay high with the knowledge that there is adequate cover deep.
I don't like the idea of Rashford and Greenwood on opposite flanks long-term, it takes away our fluidity because of their goal first mentality, and I don't think Ole fancy a 433 with Pogba and Bruno, it not like Silva and De bruyne, their possession football makes it work,our style involves more risk taking and would be too much work for the DM.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He's a top player in the making, even if his goalscoring took a little wobble (although he seems to have found his shooting boots again) his talent is undeniable.

Green_Red

Knew he'd find his shooting boots. Wish there was more games left for him though. Looking for a strong finish to the season and then come back next year even better again. Completely understand all the praise he was getting in the underage groups.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I agree with this. And with Ole being so clear about Mason making the right wing his own that’s surely the end of the Sancho saga. The muppets are going to riot.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I agree with this. And with Ole being so clear about Mason making the right wing his own that’s surely the end of the Sancho saga. The muppets are going to riot.
We need good squad, Rashford, Greenwood, Sancho for 2 positions should be fine, especially when 2 of them can also play as CFs.

ManUtd fans complained all season that Ole overplayed Rashford, we barely had any option as our backups are not good enough or the gap between Rashford and player replacing him is too big. With players like Sancho we will have good depth and can rotate.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Already a joy to watch. I get off my seat every time he shoots. He's going to be some player.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
On a great little run of goal scoring isn't he? Just in time for a title run? :nervous::keano:

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Great to see him amongst the goals again and looking confident. He's such a vital weapon to have when he's on song. Maybe too late for him to beat last season's goal tally, but he should be aiming for 15 in all comps.

Dante

Average bang

It's been so good seeing our starboy getting back in form in the second half of the season :drool:

Still think he's got all the tools to be our best forward since prime RvP if he continues improving as he has been
And he has until October to beat Rooney's record outright.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Really hitting form at the right time with Tony’s injury. Could find himself in the euros squad after he looked miles away a few months ago.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
We're not spending so much on Sancho unless we miss out on top 4.

It's how we've structured our transfer dealings since Woodward took over. Splurge when we're out of top 4 on a star player and spread the money to improve the squad when we're in it.

vodrake

I read somewhere earlier that he's only 4 PL goals off being the all-time top scoring teenager in the PL, with Michael Owen currently leading with 18 goals. If he keeps his current vein of form up you can't see him not getting there!

Edit: As many have corrected me on, this isn't right. I blame Football365 :lol:

Last edited:

Born2Lose

Been a hard season for the lad, but I've been consistently impressed with his effort. Even when it's not been clicking for him there's been a lot of little signs to me that he could become a top player for us.

Ole should be telling him there's a regular place in the starting eleven for him if he's willing to grasp it.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Some people suggesting we don't buy a winger now, I feel we still need to, someone who is more a creator and can play both flanks be it Sancho or Neto, I don't like the idea of playing three strikers at a time...BTW Greenwood is class, having this kind of talent coming through our system is a joy.
I agree.

I think we lack a playmaker in attack, like Sancho who is an excellent passer. All our forwards are 9.5s who can pick a pass but don't that consistent quality and are essentially modern strikers. Sancho is a lot more like hazard and ribery in his excellent link up play and passing which would really add a huge deal to our football.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I read somewhere earlier that he's only 4 PL goals off being the all-time top scoring teenager in the PL, with Michael Owen currently leading with 18 goals. If he keeps his current vein of form up you can't see him not getting there!
That's insane and yet he seems to be completely overlooked at the moment in terms of world-class talent.

Giggs' right foot

Eh? I've read that Owen scored more than 40 Premier League goals as a teenager? :confused:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Owen scored 46 league goals as a teenager, Fowler scored 35.

Greenwood has 15 goals, that puts him in 9th position. At max he can go up to 4th position if he scores 4 more goals. 3rd is Rooney, with 30 goals.

https://talksport.com/football/2834...cored-most-premier-league-goals-170914254533/

vodrake

Eh? I've read that Owen scored more than 40 Premier League goals as a teenager? :confused:

Haha, yeah, it looks like the site I was quoting have got "all time goals" mixed up with "goals in one season". I retract the above, should have looked more into it :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.