5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

TrustInOle

Double figures for the second season in a row, even after the initial goal drought! He is going to be unbelievable, the progress already is amazing.

Silas

Even if he wasn't in great form earlier in the season, I'm ridiculously confident whenever he's through on goal.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Money Mase is well and truly back. :drool:

Half hope it’s too early for the Euros, though. I don’t think he needs that headache again.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Looks like he is back to his best. Had poor start to the season, now he is in very good form.

laughtersassassin

Finishing off the season very well.

Should go to the Euros now it's 26 but I'm sure Southgate hates him now so probably won't.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Thought he will take a touch considering the defender had already committed. He was lucky to get that goal .

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Christ you must be fun at parties. He put the ball in the goal, it's what he does.
Oh come on now ! He is a kid and should always try to improve himself . Ball went through the legs of sliding defender and deflected from the GK. Yes, the ball went in but was it the right move - no, he could have taken a better route.

You don't have to derive another narrative for this :)

criticalanalysis

This is not a criticism per se but he's been quite 'lucky' with quite a lot of his goals. A lot of scuffed shots, deflections and poor keeping. Long may it continue of course and I'll always encourage taking a fecking shot than over passing but I've been consistently surprised by how they keep going in :lol:

The United

He has a nick for getting scrappy goals. A good trait of being a ruthless striker.

spiriticon

I said this last year too! He seemed to properly 'scuff' some of his finishes last year but then it pea rolls into the bottom corner :houllier:

Well, if it goes in it goes in...but sometimes I do wonder how :lol:

Anyhow, he's been playing great lately. Good lad. Had a bad first half of the season.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
On fire in front of goal after being unlucky for a large part of the season, standard regression. Up to 10 goals this season after 17 in his first season. Just a natural goalscorer.

BombayBadBoy

Often times defenders and keepers will struggle to stop good strikers shots and often times they’ll get something on the ball but it’ll still go in. Money Mase is special

Rossa

This is not a criticism per se but he's been quite 'lucky' with quite a lot of his goals. A lot of scuffed shots, deflections and poor keeping. Long may it continue of course and I'll always encourage taking a fecking shot than over passing but I've been consistently surprised by how they keep going in :lol:
Lampard made a career of those type of goals.

On fire in front of goal after being unlucky for a large part of the season, standard regression. Up to 10 goals this season after 17 in his first season. Just a natural goalscorer.
he clearly had a difficult 6 months. If he can get a couple more goals - then 12 is a decent return when he’s has a difficult second season.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I still think he’s better than Rashford. I reckon in a year or two time it won’t even be a contest in who is the better player, he’s just got a top top level of talent.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Btw his first touch in the last mins of the game was just :drool:. Don't think ball even moved an inch.

Djemba-Djemba

Ah he was desperately unlucky for weeks before he broke his drought and went on this run.

Seemed to be constantly hitting the post.

He's earned things going his way. Done brilliantly to fight back from his difficult moments this season.

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
I still think he’s better than Rashford. I reckon in a year or two time it won’t even be a contest in who is the better player, he’s just got a top top level of talent.
I think technically he's already on a higher level. His touch, dribbling in tight spaces and ball striking are all superior IMO. Despite Mason being 4 years younger, I really don't see much difference in their decision making either. Feel it's an area of Rashford's games that needs to improve significantly.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Finishing off the season very well.

Should go to the Euros now it's 26 but I'm sure Southgate hates him now so probably won't.
Don't want him to go anyway. Leave him to grow with us rather than get into a crazy environment over there. Needs to keep his head down and stay focused, being with England this summer can backfire against him IMO. He'll force his way in eventually, but its probably too soon. Though with injuries to Barnes and others, he likely will go.

Lost bear

Maybe so, but it certainly balances out- earlier in the season he fired lots of beautiful shots but they kept hitting the post, the bar or some uncharacteristically inspired goalkeeper. I think the kid is brilliant.

prateik

Him being two footed must make it easier for him to score if he gets shots on target.. the defenders and keepers positioning cant be as sure as it would be if it was a one footed player in that position with a similar shot . The opponents start with a disadvantage.

He has a nick for getting scrappy goals. A good trait of being a ruthless striker.
Been thinking the same, but I think it's just that he's able to get an inch and fire these wobbly and deceptively hard shots from short range, which often seems to take the goalkeepers by surprise and makes it look a bit scrappy, but it's just how he plays, I guess.

SirScholes

Looks like he is back to his best. Had poor start to the season, now he is in very good form.
No surprise it coincides with Cavani or having a proper cf play upfront with him
He’s been or is currently a huge role model for him

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Wicked Skengman.

He should have started instead of Rashford, and should start ahead of Rashford in the final, although he’s an easier target to bench. Ole won’t be able to get away with it for much longer though. A couple of England goals and that’s that.

Hoof the ball

It's very easy to look at the statistics and exclaim, "ah, but see he's not as good as last season", but that's only true statistically speaking. There's no doubt in my mind that in overall play, in terms of his back to goal, his control, his interplay, his decision-making and his close dribbling, he's better than we was last season, because it's true. Scoring fewer goals doesn't always tell a complete story.

Sylar

He's found his goal scoring form at the right time for us with regards to the Europa League and premier League run in.

For sure I'd like to see him start ahead of Rashford vs Liverpool but reckon he doesn't as we will want Rashford to run in behind Liverpool defence

Gordon S

I think it is because he blasts them full power most times, defender/keeper needs a real heavy touch to redirect it.

CG1010

I think the ability to shoot it like a bullet with pin point accuracy without much lifting of the foot also has something to do with. Players with world class shooting techniques tend to score all kinds of goals and he is one of them for sure.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
It's very easy to look at the statistics and exclaim, "ah, but see he's not as good as last season", but that's only true statistically speaking. There's no doubt in my mind that in overall play, in terms of his back to goal, his control, his interplay, his decision-making and his close dribbling, he's better than we was last season, because it's true. Scoring fewer goals doesn't always tell a complete story.
He’s had games where he’s looked like a more complete player than last season. He’s been inconsistent though. He’s definitely had more poor games than he had last season overall.

IMO it’s classic second season syndrome. Most talented youngsters go through it. I’m not worried at all. He’ll be fantastic next season.

Godfather

He’s had games where he’s looked like a more complete player than last season. He’s been inconsistent though. He’s definitely had more poor games than he had last season overall.

IMO it’s classic second season syndrome. Most talented youngsters go through it. I’m not worried at all. He’ll be fantastic next season.
Sums it up very nicely. Should have started ahead of Rahsford though. Can't remember the last game he looked decent on the right.

Status
Not open for further replies.