5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Falcow

I'm a bit disappointed with him to be honest, struck me as very level headed, calm etc and it felt like a breath of fresh air seeing someone like him break through, but maybe my estimation of him was too high.

Hope he matures quickly and develops a Ronaldo like mindset which you need nowadays not just to get to the top, but more importantly to stay there for a prolonged period.

matt23

In before the Sun finds out he unfriended his auntie on Facebook last June. He's out of control.

RonaldoVII

He looks a lot younger in the picture so it's just the rags digging up dirt as they do with most promising English footballers. As soon as he resumes playing it'll blow over.

macheda14

I'm a bit disappointed with him to be honest, struck me as very level headed, calm etc and it felt like a breath of fresh air seeing someone like him break through, but maybe my estimation of him was too high.

Hope he matures quickly and develops a Ronaldo like mindset which you need nowadays not just to get to the top, but more importantly to stay there for a prolonged period.
From what we here he trains very hard and is generally a nice guy at the club.

Idxomer

Can't wait for our games to start and the talk shift again to how two-footed he is.

El Zoido

Ravel Morrison comparisons in this thread are cracking me up.
It’s stupid, a better comparison would be Rooney. His career went ok didn’t it.

To be honest though, it’s not the biggest deal, but it’s a little disappointing. As long as he keeps doing the business on the pitch it doesn’t matter.

BulgarianDevil91

I'd assume most of us have done much worse stuff when we were his age, cut the boy some slack. "But he's a professional." - so what? As long as he bangs in the goals, I wouldn't care what he does with his free time. Let the club fine him and if they don't support the lad, don't slander him.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Nitrous Oxide is not addictive.
Sure it can be. It's not physically addictive, but you can be mentally addicted to anything, Nitrous Oxide being one of them. However, it's a big stretch to worry that Mason would be mentally addicted to it, I don't think he's got enough time in the day to do so much of it he becomes mentally addicted to it.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
It's about his code of conduct and lack of smarts. The things are relatively minor in the team world. Hes a first team footballer for Manchester United. If he wants to act like a twat and the club allow it what does that say about what Ole is trying to achieve?

As I said its not time for him to he thrown under a bus but he needs to realise quickly that his behaviours are not acceptable.
This I agree with, I’m not saying it’s acceptable long term but as a first offence (couple of offences) it means absolutely nothing. In fact it shows he’s just a normal young lad.

Untd55

Underplaying inhaling nitrous oxide is stupid. Clearly, people on here don't know how dangerous it can be. It can't be washed away by just saying 'he is a young kid having fun.' Firstly, he isn't a kid. Secondly, why do people have an obsession with excusing 18-year-olds of everything? There are plenty of people that age who don't do things like that; in fact, most don't inhale nitrous oxide.

He is right stepping away from it. Stupid kids follow people like Greenwood; if they think he is doing it then it is alright for them to do it. Some people have no minds of their own and follow like sheep.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Underplaying inhaling nitrous oxide is stupid. Clearly, people on here don't know how dangerous it can be. It can't be washed away by just saying 'he is a young kid having fun.' Firstly, he isn't a kid. Secondly, why do people have an obsession with excusing 18-year-olds of everything? There are plenty of people that age who don't do things like that; in fact, most don't inhale nitrous oxide.
Yeah I don't think people should just dismiss this stuff. It's worth remembering that for every Paul Scholes there are probably 9 others who had the same ability but not the same temperament. 18 year olds can blow it really easily.

I mean it's his life and I did way worse at that age so it sounds hypocritical and pompous. But I never aspired to be a million pound a week world class footballer.

steve zizou

It's bigger than that, honest!
I’m sure most people will have tried laughing gas as a teen and it really won’t cause him any harm.
You hear this kind of thing whenever someone wants to excuse bad behavior in young people as "ohh teenagers will be teenagers". Is taking laughing gas part of the natural rites of passage or have I missed something?
This wasn't him texting some girls to come to over to his house during the off-season. He's on international duty for in another country during a pandemic and he (and Foden) thought this would be the best use of their spare time.
I liked Greenwood, he came across to me as a well-grounded, so I hope this whole episode really re-focuses him.

TrustInJanuzaj

He is right stepping away from it. Stupid kids follow people like Greenwood; if they think he is doing it then it is alright for them to do it. Some people have no minds of their own and follow like sheep.
It’s completely harmless. I was always a pretty shy lad who never got involved in any of this scene but even I’ve tried it and while it’s fun the effects last about 20 seconds then back to normal. You are coming over here like a sour puss because you never lived a little.

TrustInJanuzaj

You hear this kind of thing whenever someone wants to excuse bad behavior in young people as "ohh teenagers will be teenagers". Is taking laughing gas part of the natural rites of passage or have I missed something?
This wasn't him texting some girls to come to over to his house during the off-season. He's on international duty for in another country during a pandemic and he (and Foden) thought this would be the best use of their spare time.
I liked Greenwood, he came across to me as a well-grounded, so I hope this whole episode really re-focuses him.
People at uni will generally always come across laughing gas, it’s harmless. Greenwood looks younger In that picture anyway so he could just have been inquisitive. I’d say it’s up there with having a pint and a kebab.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
People at uni will generally always come across laughing gas, it’s harmless. Greenwood looks younger In that picture anyway so he could just have been inquisitive. I’d say it’s up there with having a pint and a kebab.
Indeed. Some people will finds ways to get upset over anything kids do. "Get off my lawn!!"

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
just a side note about the hippie crack, trying it once or twice isnt going to cause any harm. However it is addictive and abusers of it can get paralysed from using too much of it.
This is far from common though. Both addiction or any harm. It’s not an addictive substance and I doubt he’s going the Steve-O route. Considering the amount it’s used up and down the country without issue, it’s not something that’s worth worrying about.

Icemav

Tabloids have no concern about dragging a very young player through the mud. Twats.

He should have learnt his lesson though. Getting expelled from the England squad at such a young age has put a short term target on his back.

I expect the club to rally around him and for him to refocus and be a top pro for the next 12 months of his development. Its pretty clear what he has to do and I don't have any special expectations of him now despite the bad press.

AC1689

If only I’d have known I could have basically done whatever the f**k I like at 18 because I was “young”. I missed the boat with that one. Seems it’s the go to excuse for doing really dumb sh*t that the majority of normal/sensible 18 year olds don’t do.

TrustInJanuzaj

If only I’d have known I could have basically done whatever the f**k I like at 18 because I was “young”. I missed the boat with that one. Seems it’s the go to excuse for doing really dumb sh*t that the majority of normal/sensible 18 year olds don’t do.
Except most young people do these things...

Jake

Mine's too big and gay.
Shagging a Icelandic supermodel and have a balloon of laughing gas isn’t really stupid shit. At 18 I’d done much worse than that (minus the shagging of models).

I’m not too bothered about him having a balloon a while ago - I think breaking the Covid social distancing rule was stupid, yes. But I think he does too now and has apologised so let’s just move on.

STYLOISRED

Did people actually watch the video and see that it was taken a while back.?
From reading the posts here it's clear many didnt open the article and are just reacting.
And Ravel Morrison?? Really? Greenwood has already achieved more than Ravel could ever hope to achieve.

HackeyC

The correct question to ask is why hasn’t Scholes, Andy Cole, Gary Neville, Ole, Schmeichel, Carrick, all behave like this when they were his age? No point justifying his actions by pointing out the fact that Grealish et al also behaved similarly.
Because frankly they probably just didn't get caught, they weren't saints.

Last edited:
Manchester United 1 : 3 Crystal Palace

MDFC Manager

I hope it's obvious to people at least now, that this kid is still out of position on the right wing, and we can't rely on him to play out the entire season there.

luke511

I hope it's obvious to people at least now, that this kid is still out of position on the right wing, and we can't rely on him to play out the entire season there.
Came here to say the same thing. Solskjaer has him hugging the line and staying as wide as possible when the ball is central, this isn't his natural position. I hate how wide he plays at the moment. He's only 18 and cannot be relied on as our starting right winger for the whole season.

van Nistelrooy

Goal and an assist in so little time on the field. Excellent. Showed a couple of our attackers already on the pitch how it is done.

Keep it up, son!

Status
Not open for further replies.