Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
But at the highest level you need power and precision. Few pros have it at the highest level never mind have it on their weaker foot.
My nephews love watching the F2. Against amateur keepers they are hitting it left foot, right foot, every shot in the book. They look amazing.
Theres vids against David James, Courtois and Gomes where they suddenly look average. Anything in the keepers range is saved. The shots have to be struck fierce and accurate when the keepers are set for it to stand a chance. It takes a lot of effort for them to even challenge the keepers.
Thats a low level example because they arent even pros but you have to be a freak of nature to have that in both feet to consistently beat top level keepers.
do you have a link? Would love to see.

yfoFC

I knew I had fecked up with the amount of notifications I had on just the one thread, it was inevitable.

I confess I don't follow our youth setup at all so I just assumed the poster wanted greenwood on freekick duties due to his regular striking abilities... That will teach me :wenger:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I knew I had fecked up with the amount of notifications I had on just the one thread, it was inevitable.

I confess I don't follow our youth setup at all so I just assumed the poster wanted greenwood on freekick duties due to his regular striking abilities... That will teach me :wenger:
Don't worry :) probably 80% of people would have never seen Greenwood before he started in the premier league, lots of people are only just discovering his abilities.

Let's just say he has plenty more in the locker! with age and confidence he will be even better

Trex

About Greenwood's ambidexterity, I play football at an amateur level, I used to consider myself left footed since i was left-handed not until a day someone was confused watching me and asked 'are u left or right footed' before I replied a teammate said 'he uses both feet',that was when i realized how ambidextrous I was I never trained it,it's just natural (although both foot are not identical techniques wise,the right is more powerful while the left is more crafty) I think its similar with Greenwood I don't think he has a weaker foot and its purely natural not practice

CG1010

About Greenwood's ambidexterity, I play football at an amateur level, I used to consider myself left footed since i was left-handed not until a day someone was confused watching me and asked 'are u left or right footed' before I replied a teammate said 'he uses both feet',that was when i realized how ambidextrous I was I never trained it,it's just natural (although both foot are not identical techniques wise,the right is more powerful while the left is more crafty) I think its similar with Greenwood I don't think he has a weaker foot and its purely natural not practice
Is that you Mason?

Red00012

TrexON

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
That's great. Yes I see what you mean!

Who are these F2 guys? Do they play for any team?
No, they're YouTube footballers. They do fancy flicks into a bin.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Can you play right-wing?

yfoFC

Don't worry :) probably 80% of people would have never seen Greenwood before he started in the premier league, lots of people are only just discovering his abilities.

Let's just say he has plenty more in the locker! with age and confidence he will be even better
Thanks mate

Looking forward to him kicking it up a notch this season, 20 goals all comp?

Yagami

Good post resistant
It would do no harm inviting Maguire to those sessions at well. We almost never score from headers. Last season, I recall Rashford scoring one on a ball from Mata, Martial one assisted by Bissaka, and Maguire from a corner. Did I miss any?
Martial scored another against Norwich.
Was the Rashford one you mentioned against Newcastle? If so, I don't remember Mata assisting that one so maybe he has two, too?
Thanks mate

Looking forward to him kicking it up a notch this season, 20 goals all comp?
Around 30 :wenger:

Hoof the ball

I found it amusing that on Sky Sports they was comparing front three statistics on goals scored in the PL. Do they even realise that Mason didn't even usurp James' RW spot permanently until late Jan/March? If he played an entire season at RW he would have scored 20 PL goals definitely.

Bwuk

Assuming he stays clear of injuries I think he'll be our top goal scorer this season.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I found it amusing that on Sky Sports they was comparing front three statistics on goals scored in the PL. Do they even realise that Mason didn't even usurp James' RW spot permanently until late Jan/March? If he played an entire season at RW he would have scored 20 PL goals definitely.
Not definitely. In Rashford's breakthrough first season he scored 8 goals in 18 games, in the following season he scored 11 in 53. It's a common trend for a lot of young players after they get "figured out", they start to develop their game in different ways, struggle to bring it altogether with wider responsibilities, and have a period of apparent regression.

Greenwood looks an exceptional talent but it's entirely possible he'll go through that. He clearly isn't one dimensional but if you limit that one key dimension - creating space for a shot in and around the box - then it's possible he could fall into a slump. He's often invisible in the build up so if you limit his direct goal threat, the criticism won't take long to build.

romufc

Not definitely. In Rashford's breakthrough first season he scored 8 goals in 18 games, in the following season he scored 11 in 53. It's a common trend for a lot of young players after they get "figured out", they start to develop their game in different ways, struggle to bring it altogether with wider responsibilities, and have a period of apparent regression.

Greenwood looks an exceptional talent but it's entirely possible he'll go through that. He clearly isn't one dimensional but if you limit that one key dimension - creating space for a shot in and around the box - then it's possible he could fall into a slump. He's often invisible in the build up so if you limit his direct goal threat, the criticism won't take long to build.
Exactly this.

I wouldn't even say young players, most players who come into the league. Bruno will be the same as well, we are seing signs of it in games where teams starve him of the ball in the final third.

Greenwood, we see him hardly getting the ball now.

I can see a scenario where Greenwood goes 10-12 games without scoring, that can easily happen and fans mood of him changing because he is hardly seen in games.

This is exactly the reason we need more options, young players will be inconsistent.

predator

Youth NITK
There was a time when I could shoot very well with my left foot be it volleys, dead balls with power and precision but when I recently played 5 a side I noticed I still had the power on my left but the accuracy was off. I could never dribble with my left foot.
My right foot made up for it though ;). I had the best shot in my year at school.

From my experience of playing football and predominately being a striker, my shooting was determined by instinct in an actual match. I would find that in training or in a kick about it was actually harder to find that 'instinct' as there wasn't pressure or opponents. I wouldnt even pick out an area of the net even when scoring some right in the top corners.

With greenwood alot of his goals seem like that to me despite them looking so well planned and thought out. Its hard to explain what I mean but ultimately we have one hell of a finisher on our hands and there is not too many of them around - especially being both footed.
A very bright future for him I think.

DCP

When Greenwood moves inside to being a true number 9 we will begin to see the best of him. Such a classy striker.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I think all our young forwards would thrive as SS in 4-4-2, either Rashford, Martial, or Greenwood. Greenwood has potential as main striker, but so far most of his goals came from driving from deeper position.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
If we sign Telles then Greenwood will need to improve his heading ability because he's going to get lot of crosses from the left flank.

yfoFC

When Greenwood moves inside to being a true number 9 we will begin to see the best of him. Such a classy striker.
Like Ole said, dude needs to improve his aerial ability if he wants that striker spot

He has time to do so and can even be a good one without improving that aspect, dude's that good..

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Unfortunately all his good moments came from Rashford being offside :lol: Good touch and finish for his offside goal, great ball for Rashfords offside goal. Was quiet apart from that, but I think he'll have a great season. Individually he doesn't ever seem to be sloppy, just gets quiet games.

kiristao

Would like to see him take on the LB on the outside at a bit more often. 9 out of 10 times he cuts inside and runs into a crowd.
Needs to work harder defensively as well.

dutchred

Whilst AWB was very poor I think Mason needs to improve his defensive side of the game. We were getting rinsed down his side and he did little to help out.
He's not a right winger. He's an out and out striker. Let's not burden him with defensive duties. Our right sided midfielder needs to help the full back

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Think you need to get 3 in midfield so he can play further up on the right, covering less ground going back. think if one of Pogba or Fernandes is out it will balance things out more and Greenwood will benefit. With no control in midfield he’s ending up spending way to much energy.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Was marked by atleast 2 player whenever he got the ball. AWB didn't help him at all today

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He's not a right winger. He's an out and out striker. Let's not burden him with defensive duties. Our right sided midfielder needs to help the full back
Agreed. He evidently lacks the stamina to get up and down that wing all day. Consistently looks jelly-legged from around the 60 minute mark. Hopefully youth is the main factor here and his engine will improve over time.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Despite not helping AWB down the right, felt like he made the least mistakes out there today. Looked very tidy under pressure, too, always getting the ball out to a teammate sideways if not forward.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Thought he was poor today and also put a lot of pressure on AWB with his poor defensive work (although AWB didn’t help himself).

Devil may care

He's protecting the ball really well now and uses it so well, wasn't helped by AWB but there are promising signs in his connection with Martial and Rashford.

Status
Not open for further replies.