Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
So why did he miss games recently then?
He was unfit to play. That might be a niggle, and it might also be just bad form. He needs to be protected and not play if it's obvious in training that he is going to put in a bad performance.

I said ealier he was a professional, humble kid because he is. Ole has to confirm it, it's a bit sad it has to be done. Every report on him from before has shown the right personality, and the talent he displays proves it. You don't reach that level of special ability without loving doing what you're doing. He doesn't need anyone to tell him to TRY, he'll play football even if people told him not to. It's not going to be a problem in his way unless he loves something else more than football, then he might get bored. Like Dennis Rodman, but this kid doesn't exactly fit the profile of that. There is no indication of that, even based on media reports.

Also. If you think people are gullible for listening to Ole's words thinking he has a reason to lie, while you take the media as gospel as if they don't have a reason to lie, I wish you a merry Christmas.

Red00012

:lol: that's a great point actually, they see him turning up every bloody day!

he's an easy target for the press since the England debacle so I'm glad Ole is defending him strongly.

Who knows if there was really an issue or whether he was just a bit ill or had a slight injury, but lets hope he kicks on now.
Good point to be fair by Ole , but I guess if they started reporting what time he arrived at Carrington it wouldn’t fit in with their agenda .

Red00012

I hope this puts to bed all the bollocks about these players not succeeding at United and I hope we all get back to supporting their performances in a United shirt.
I remember the hysteria on here when that Sanchez quote came out :lol:

Okey

Our very own Mason. Future of United. Human being. Keep your act together and go fulfill that potential, and you'll forever have the backing of true fans. A goal for us to celebrate tomorrow would be nice! I'd be banned for life if I wrote down what I think of the media scrum (delete a letter if you wish...)

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
Its what the great man himself would've done, protect his team at all cost. Give the media nothing but contempt.

tjb

Truth is, people need to see these media people for what they are. Even if it were true, which is actually unlikely, you are trying to convince me that only Greenwood out of all the players that play in the league, has had a night out drinking or come late to training. Hell, even at United, that is hard to imagine. I guess that is what happens when you are young and popular. The press are always waiting to bring you down, even when nothing exists.

This should also show fans how the media operate and have operated with United this season. Everything the club does is over sensitized, usually in a negative light now. The club need to start paying attention to the journalists writing this nonsense and freezing them out.

Man Utd 0:0 Chelsea

mad1max954

Didn’t get a lot of time so can’t criticise to much, but for me he is the type of player you want to see more central. LF is fine, just seems wasted when he’s near the touch line. Not sure it’s tactical or what but he does seem to hug the line sometimes. Rashford does come inside more and that’s where I want to see mason. Inside forward or in an attacking two.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
If I dont see this guy in a strikers partnership with Rashford soon then the attack is on Ole.

Man Utd 5:0 RB Leipzig

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
The accuracy and consistency of his finishing continues to shock me. He just instinctively understood exactly the right weight to put behind that strike, just what was needed to find that corner.

flappyjay

The accuracy and consistency of his finishing continues to shock me. He just instinctively understood exactly the right weight to put behind that strike, just what was needed to find that corner.
The only other person who I can think of who was this lethal for us is RVN. As soon as he shoots you expect to see the ball at the back of the net.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
The craziest thing is I bet most of us knew he was going to score as soon as he got into that position.
No joke, when I saw it was Greenwood making the run I instinctively expected a goal.

Devil may care

Worked hard tracking back and bagged that important opening goal, he's the coolest, crispest finisher in the side.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Mason "Deadshot" Greenwood.

You give him any space in the box and he'll punish you.

He was quiet aside from the goal but that reflected how the team was playing up until the 60th minute.

el3mel

Sublime finish for the first goal. Once he got it I had no doubt in my mind that he would score.

He'sRaldo

Starboy indeed. Maybe this is the season he makes his mark on the football world.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He's class. So calm, he's the one player you want that type of chance to fall to. He's gonna score an absolute bucketload throughout his time with us.

dbs235

So excited for him to start being played as a striker rather than out wide.

Superunknown

Quality player. He can have a quiet game but then still get a really good goal with just one chance. Amazing finisher. We've got some great attackers in our side, but Greenwood is lethal. Really rate him.

Alemar

Very good finish that was. His only chance of the game, though - he wasn’t very active in the second half, maybe due to fitness. But in the first half he was very decent.

Also we were a bit lucky with VAR - he was apparently exactly on the line with the defender, but it was a question of millimetres. In our favour this time

Rolaholic

Scored a goal on his first shot in the Champions League... :lol:

Like Rashford said in the postmatch interview, if he can keep his head down he'll be a special player for us

Shimo

Very glad for him - the celebration, it was like a huge weight lifted off his shoulders.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Very good finish that was. His only chance of the game, though - he wasn’t very active in the second half, maybe due to fitness. But in the first half he was very decent.

Also we were a bit lucky with VAR - he was apparently exactly on the line with the defender, but it was a question of millimetres. In our favour this time
He had our only other shot on target before the goal flurry. I don't think he was quiet to be honest, no more than Martial.

Other than his finishing one of his best quality is that he very rarely seems to concede possession.

Very glad for him - the celebration, it was like a huge weight lifted off his shoulders.
overshadowed by our super sub.

I thinI a lot of people are forgetting how young he is, and he’s making people do that because he’s so good, and efficient. Very pleased for him.

Maguire, and him making their CL debuts tonight?

El Zoido

His celebration was in tribute to Jeremy Wisten, the Man City player who took his own life after being released by the club.

Quiet apart from the goal in terms of threat, but his ball retention is getting better and better. Received the ball lots of times under pressure with his back to goal and found a pass almost every time. Love to see all facets of his game developing. Hope we stick with the diamond for more games because him, Rashford, and Martial all thrive in positions in between those of a winger and a classic centre forward. Any combo from those 3 + Cavani are great options to have.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Hes going to be some player this kid. My word he just oozes class.

Martial Rashford n Greenwood are going to be very fun to watch over next few years. Good Times could be coming back boys.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Nothing in football gives me more joy than seeing talented academy players doing so well for us. Like most people I knew he would score from there!

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Gunman. People are talking about the mess Rashford made of Upamecano but Mason held him off easily for the first goal too. Greenwood makes xG look pointless. Scores from anywhere.

Walters_19_MuFc

Felt he was really good in the first half. Held it up well and linked the play. His finish was first class. He just makes it look so easy when in front of goal.

Cloud7

This guy is such a gem. He's one of those players that, if he was at one of our rival clubs, I would have been really envious of.

This guy is such a gem. He's one of those players that, if he was at one of our rival clubs, I would have been really envious of.
would be interesting to understand what rival fans think of him? I have A feeling that he’s very much under the radar. Which is no bad thing

Cloud7

would be interesting to understand what rival fans think of him? I have A feeling that he’s very much under the radar. Which is no bad thing
I've long gone past the point of giving any thought to what rival fans think of our players. After the likes of Ronaldo and Rooney were never rated by rival fans, I don't think we can really care much about what they have to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.