Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
would be interesting to understand what rival fans think of him? I have A feeling that he’s very much under the radar. Which is no bad thing
Nah, I don't think there's any radar that hasn't picked up Greenwood's incredible potential. I doubt even rival fans would put any young footballer in England above him.

Mindhunter

overshadowed by our super sub.

I thinI a lot of people are forgetting how young he is, and he’s making people do that because he’s so good, and efficient. Very pleased for him.

Maguire, and him making their CL debuts tonight?
Didn’t Leicester play in the CL the season after they won the PL?

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Very glad for him - the celebration, it was like a huge weight lifted off his shoulders.
I hope tonight made him realise the recent opportunities he has missed because of his own faults, and that he can keep fully focussed on football.
He can have it all if he does.

Basa1987

Very well taken goal. Hopefully we see him and Rashford start against the Arse rather than James.

Also, Rashford made a quip during his post match interview on how Mason needs to keep his head down and continue doing the hard work. Seemed odd and out of place.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
This guy is such a gem. He's one of those players that, if he was at one of our rival clubs, I would have been really envious of.
After Ronaldo got sold I often had that feeling towards a bunch of players at other clubs. I mean, we was still winning a lot but I felt it was always the manager getting the most out of something good. Both Greenwood and Rashford is exactly the sort of talents Liverpool fans have a hard time thinking about at the moment, even if they're winning stuff.

Cloud7

After Ronaldo got sold I often had that feeling towards a bunch of players at other clubs. I mean, we was still winning a lot but I felt it was always the manager getting the most out of something good. Both Greenwood and Rashford is exactly the sort of talents Liverpool fans have a hard time thinking about at the moment, even if they're winning stuff.
Yep. When I look at Greenwood I get the same feeling I got when I saw Hazard at Chelsea.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Yep. When I look at Greenwood I get the same feeling I got when I saw Hazard at Chelsea.
Yeah. I was always envious of Chelsea when they had Essien, then when they had Matic too. Then Kante. I've always felt that Chelsea can't help but win the midfield battle when they play us. But I digress, I can imagine that's how a lot of opposition fans will feel about our attack this season, with Greenwood as the final smack in the face.

hungrywing

Very well taken goal. Hopefully we see him and Rashford start against the Arse rather than James.

Also, Rashford made a quip during his post match interview on how Mason needs to keep his head down and continue doing the hard work. Seemed odd and out of place.
It seemed generic enough, but it definitely could have been a bit of 'friendly advice' if the Greenwood stories were true and handled internally.

BaillyBaillyBailly

Really hope OGS goes with the 2 up top again this weekend with Rashford and Greenwood and then Cavani on the bench.
Especially with Arsenal's defensive injuries piling up, we should really look to exploit that and go on the front foot.

passing-wind

Really hope OGS goes with the 2 up top again this weekend with Rashford and Greenwood and then Cavani on the bench.
Especially with Arsenal's defensive injuries piling up, we should really look to exploit that and go on the front foot.
I highly doubt this to be the case we typically are very reactive to the opposition as opposed to implementing our own strengths. I'd be very surprised if we don't go back to the hideous 4231.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
CR7 and Greenwood. What other player, if started, ensures you’re automatically 1-0 up?

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
His eye for a goal keeps blowing me away. I think people still do not realize how insane of a talent he is. I am thinking a future Lewandowski level player.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
I remember when Ole first came here he said that Greenwood was the best natural finisher he had seen and people thought he was either mad or just talking him up to give him confidence. Turns out he was telling the truth.

The fact that he is so accurate and can generate so much power with both feet is truly unique. Means he can finish from pretty much anywhere in the box and it will give the keeper trouble

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
just finds the corners at the tightest of angles with ease - but what a great run on the blind shoulder of the defender to earn himself that 1-2 seconds of space to get the shot away.

VivaRonaldo85

Last nights goal was one of his most impressive for me so far in that it showed his potential as a top class centre forward by making a class run through the middle, brushing off a top class centre half like he’s not there, and then a deadly finish from a tight angle, all whilst looking the most natural thing in the world. If Ole can manage the lad and the media furore around him, we have some home grown talent on our hands!

Strelok

No one talked about his hip yet? Again imo it's one of the best hips I've seen in my 25 years watching football :drool:

He didn't even look before striking the ball. What a natural finisher. No wonder his nickname was 'aimbot' :drool:

Mike Smalling

Great to know he is back in the team, and is as sharp as ever. Once again he has been well-managed by Ole.

Pretty remarkable that the academy has produced two of the brightest forward talents in the world! In some ways, we are a bit spoiled.

matsdf

overshadowed by our super sub.

I thinI a lot of people are forgetting how young he is, and he’s making people do that because he’s so good, and efficient. Very pleased for him.

Maguire, and him making their CL debuts tonight?
Don't forget our night in Paris!

Mickson

I feel like he is still underrated. Has more goals in Europe than Zlatan, Berbatov, and Cantona despite playing fewer games. And as many as Tevez. And I still feel that he gets shipped too often and too soon, so his goal and assist ratio per minute is crazy. Add to that he is not playing in the greatest team ever exactly. If he would come up in the Fergie era, he would be United's best goalscorer ever. He still got a chance mind you...

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I feel like he is still underrated. Has more goals in Europe than Zlatan, Berbatov, and Cantona despite playing fewer games. And as many as Tevez. And I still feel that he gets shipped too often and too soon, so his goal and assist ratio per minute is crazy. Add to that he is not playing in the greatest team ever exactly. If he would come up in the Fergie era, he would be United's best goalscorer ever. He still got a chance mind you...
Wrong thread?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Great to know he is back in the team, and is as sharp as ever. Once again he has been well-managed by Ole.

Pretty remarkable that the academy has produced two of the brightest forward talents in the world! In some ways, we are a bit spoiled.
Our academy is whats saving us tbh! All the transfers from the past 7 years but its academy graduates getting the most hype in just about ever position. Rashford, Greenwood, McTominay, Pogba to an extent, Tuanzebe, Brandon Williams, Dean Henderson all either big current or near future roles.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but the kid is clinical. :lol:

That goal last night was the kind you don't really expect from anyone else other than top class scorers like Ruud, RVP or Messi. It was just done with so much ease.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Our academy is whats saving us tbh! All the transfers from the past 7 years but its academy graduates getting the most hype in just about ever position. Rashford, Greenwood, McTominay, Pogba to an extent, Tuanzebe, Brandon Williams, Dean Henderson all either big current or near future roles.
If we were a selling club we'd get a couple of hundred million from Henderson, Rashford, Greenwood and Pogba alone.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.

We will be saying the same about our center backs in a couple of years (Axel, Mengi)

marktan

I liked his turn on Gabriel, if he has more of that in his locker he could play the RW role well for us.

It's weird though that both our wide forwards are both great finishers and need to work more on their overall game. Usually it's the other way around.

Status
Not open for further replies.