Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Instantly looked our best and most dangerous attacker and has been for the last 3/4 games. Absolutely ridiculous decision to drop him today.

Adamsk7

Got to start. He’s got a bit of the “Kaka” about him him where he glided past players with the ball so effortlessly. He’s much more of a threat than Martial or Rashford at the moment who are so off form.

MattofManchester

Did more in 30 seconds than Martial all match.
He's not Mbappe level, but he needs to start every game now.

el3mel

Plays ten times better than Rashford and Martial but he's always the one who gets subbed off on starting or even sitting on the bench from the start entirely.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Came on far too late. Another Ole c*ck up in persevering with Martial and Rashford.

acnumber9

I think he’s been poorly managed this season and it’s created a confidence issue with him constantly being first subbed or sacrificed to force Martial in.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Don’t know why he didn’t start. We look much more balanced with a player who can actually play on the right playing on the right

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Absolutely should have started, best player on the pitch when he was there. Let's remember to give him same amount of slack that Rashford got afforded at the same age. I've always thought he was the best prospect we had because even when his form is off it never drops off a cliff. There is a pretty consistent level of quality there. Should be starting over Martial and probably Rashford too at the moment.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Should've been on at half time, Martial was a non-entity.

largelyworried

Did more in his cameo than Rashford and Martial did all game combined. I appreciate Ole wanting to protect the kid, but we needed the win today, he should have played.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Over the past few weeks has easily been our most dangerous option out wide. Bizarrely the first one hooked or the one who has to start on the bench. Martial and Rashford are stealing game time from him.

Easily our best forward in possession. Easily our best forward in a technical sense.

Needs to be Greenwood on the right, and Rashford/Martial fighting it out for the spot on the left. Maybe it will motivate one of them to actually fight for the team.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
I know he's been young and slightly out of form this year but even then I feel he's the player with highest reward if we get him into form. Clear to see Martial is too lazy to ever make it to the top and Rashford maybe out of form is always better on the left so with Mason from the right should be our basic set up.

Hoof the ball

I think he’s been poorly managed this season and it’s created a confidence issue with him constantly being first subbed or sacrificed to force Martial in.
Statistics not being everything, of course, but when comparing all % based offensive actions per 90 mins, Greenwood achieved a 9.1 Opta Index Score. Rashford has 3.5 and Martial has 3.8. Greenwood has 999 minutes played, compared to Rashford's 1999 mins and Martial's 1316 mins. All this to say that despite his relatively poor goals and assists rating, his general play is demonstrably more influential in the minutes he's been given. Greenwood often does better than credit is given him.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I think so too, I take issue with people who say Solskjaer's managed him superbly, I don't think it's true at all.

acnumber9

Statistics not being everything, of course, but when comparing all % based offensive actions per 90 mins, Greenwood achieved a 9.1 Opta Index Score. Rashford has 3.5 and Martial has 3.8. Greenwood has 999 minutes played, compared to Rashford's 1999 mins and Martial's 1316 mins. All this to say that despite his relatively poor goals and assists rating, his general play is demonstrably more influential in the minutes he's been given. Greenwood often does better than credit is given him.
Gary Neville said it in commentary and he was right, our front three against Everton last week was the best we’d played in ages. Why Solskjaer felt the need to change it today, I do not know.

acnumber9

I think so too, I take issue with people who say Solskjaer's managed him superbly, I don't think it's true at all.
I think he was last season but not this season. We’re comfortably a better team when he plays.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Gary Neville said it in commentary and he was right, our front three against Everton last week was the best we’d played in ages. Why Solskjaer felt the need to change it today, I do not know.
Couldn’t agree more. Needless tinkering.

yamo123x

Good when he came on, showed desire, urgency and a bit of quality everything lacking in Martial and Rashfords game.

vva

He's starting to show his dribble quality in past 2-3 matches. This is a good sign because he has done a lot in his academy days.

RUCK4444

He's starting to show his dribble quality in past 2-3 matches. This is a good sign because he has done a lot in his academy days.
He’s been much better dribbling this season, he very rarely loses the ball and goes past players nicely.

I think that will be a big part of his game as he develops.

He absolutely should be starting ahead of Martial. No debate there. But right now I would start Mike Phelan ahead of Martial.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
Our most im from attacker but he's always the first to be sacrificed.

Ole really does have a problem with persisting with his favourites.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I think Ole's handled his gametime just about perfectly up until recently. Last season was great, and this season Ole's done well to keep Greenwood out of the headlines by playing him enough that he gets gametime but not so much that his poor performances were getting the same kind of scrutiny that Martial and, to a lesser extent, Rashford have been getting. It's only been a few games recently where I think Ole is being a bit too conservative, as Greenwood's performances have improved and he probably should have started, come off the bench earlier, or not been the one that was subbed off.

Mason probably should have started today (and then get rested in the Europa match) or at least come on at 10 minutes earlier.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Hes brilliant but I still don't like him much on the right. I want him to get more games centrally and to learn the central striker position more, as he showed he has the natural instinct and movement for that IMO. He should be molded to take over from Cavani in 2022. On the right he'll get games, but he's far away from chances and doesn't create a whole lot himself on the right, even if his dribbling and general play has improved. He shouldn't be seen as a long term answer on the right because he's always a bit awkward and out of position there. Play him central, and he'll be among the goals and chances more which is his main strength.

jem

He looks so smooth and just oozes class on the ball (more than either Martial or Rashford, in my opinion.) And to think he hasn't even had his shooting boots on this year.

flappyjay

In terms of general play he is the best of our forwards at the moment, hopefully he adds goals soon.

DevTheRed

Completely agree with what others are saying, start Greenwood, Bruno, Rashford and Cavani. Stick with them, let them form a proper understanding and the goals will come.. far too much talent for them not to.

Easily our best starting attack given how massively inconsistent Martial has been this season. Mason looked very good when he came on and has been getting progressively better for a while now.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I think is all round game is much improved but in front of goal he’s not shooting as much or being as selfish as we’d wish.

Cavani and Bruno have been visibly frustrated at times when he has - not sure if that’s impacting him or not though.

Status
Not open for further replies.