5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flexdegea

Poor enough game but a very nice finish from him, hopefully he can kick on a bit for the end of the season now.

He headed it at the defender :lol:

I thought he played well always kept going and to be honest looked out only threat before rashford got his goal. Hit post too

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
We should look to get this guy chances. Forget Cavani

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
First ever header scored for the senior team, I think.
Think so too, nice for the lad. Hope he can end the season in double digits for goals scored. Will start every match I think with Martial injured.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Poor enough game but a very nice finish from him, hopefully he can kick on a bit for the end of the season now.
You reckon? I thought he was probably our best player, definitely the best of the attack.

acnumber9

When was the last time he got a full 90 minutes? Am I right in thinking he wouldn’t have been on the pitch to score that in any other game so far this season?
Once or twice. Everton game maybe. He does get brought off too soon sometimes, but I do wonder if he has the stamina for it yet.

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
Can we just play him up front please? Think I'd even endure the mediocrity that is James out wide just to see it. Cavani's all round game pales in comparison to Mase. Time to give him his chance as a 9.

Raven

How was he poor? Thought he looked very lively and could/should have had at least one more goal.
His decision making was shite for the most part, saw him get in good positions only to waste it brainlessly more than a few times.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
The boy dun good.

You could always see the quality. But the belief is coming back. Our most dangerous player today. His technique is just spot on, and his movement so intelligent.

Just needs to be more aggressive and believe in himself. Last season he played on instinct and bossed it. You could see he was thinking about it too much this season when it wasn’t going in. Now you see the instincts and belief flowing again.

TrustInJanuzaj

There’s definitely something in his game that is saying to me he looks more ready to play up top now. Physically he looks better, his hold up play has improved. I think his recent cameos in the striker position have been really positive for me.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
There’s definitely something in his game that is saying to me he looks more ready to play up top now. Physically he looks better, his hold up play has improved. I think his recent cameos in the striker position have been really positive for me.
Because his movement and timing of runs is good good. As he can shoot of either foot, putting him centrally potentially makes him a nightmare for defenders. No weaker side to show him on to.

He’s easily the best finisher at the club too.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
His performances have been quite good for a while, I feel. So happy to see him score again. He’s a proper talent.

Raven

If Martial had turned in that 90 minutes you’d have been eulogising.
I suspect you don’t hold Martial to those same high standards...
Care to explain yourselves on this one? I'm constantly saying Martial had a shit game, just because I want him to return to form with us rather than another team doesn't mean I can't see how shite he's been this season.

His decision making was off but he got a goal and he was relatively involved so fair enough, a classic 6/7 out of 10.

TrustInJanuzaj

Because his movement and timing of runs is good good. As he can shoot of either foot, putting him centrally potentially makes him a nightmare for defenders. No weaker side to show him on to.

He’s easily the best finisher at the club too.
I completely agree. The other thing is with the form/injury of Martial and the poor form of Cavani I don’t think we really have much to lose giving him a run in the position. James lacks quality but he does work incredibly hard and gets involved in the game which Cavani isn’t doing at the moment. I’d be tempted to start him up top a little more.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He’s been improving his overall play all year imo, great to see him getting goals again to go along with it.

CM10

2 in 2 now. Good to see - unlucky with that shot that hit the post in the first half too. It'd be nice to see him get some more opportunities up front with Martial's injury now, Cavani was really poor.

BarstoolProphet

Delighted for him too. And I assume you mean except Rashford who also actually scored. Just FYI.
I'm happy for him too of course, but this is the Greenwood thread and I've been waiting for it to finally happen for him. He's been ok to very good in his overall play but been usually sacrificed instead of the bigger names when Ole makes an offensive sub.

Raven

I completely agree. The other thing is with the form/injury of Martial and the poor form of Cavani I don’t think we really have much to lose giving him a run in the position. James lacks quality but he does work incredibly hard and gets involved in the game which Cavani isn’t doing at the moment. I’d be tempted to start him up top a little more.
He should definitely be our main man while Martial is out, I'm not happy at all with Cavani, he offers nowhere near enough up top.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Goal a game for the remainder of the season, you heard it here first, absolute top-boy, best no 9 at the club by a long stretch :drool:

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Yeah we are light up top. It’s a problem. But agree with you.

I’d probably rotate between four options just to get the the end of the season:

1. Rashford left, Mason top, James right.
2. Rashford left, Mason top, Bruno right, VDB behind.
3. Pogba left, Mason top, Rashford right.
4. Rashford left, Mason top, Mata right.

Commonality is Mason up top. Those for me are our best 4 options. But you could always do James left, Rashford top, Mason right.

Cavani had a role to play. Is a plan b. Making his way back to fitness. Never rule him out, he’s a competitor. Right now he looks off the pace and old, add to that the rumours he wants to leave. Not inspiring. But I still think he will make a key contribution before the season is over.

Manncunian

Daniel James has been better than him this season. Greenwood doesn't really add anything, he mostly passes straight back when he receives the ball, doesn't really create chances, is easily contained by defenders, this is not looking good at all and is worrying. I hope Martial and Cavani are back soon. Season to forget for him, hopefully he kicks on for England u21 and regains confidence, because the kid does have the potential.
I just have no words for observations like this. I mean you’ve literally got everything completely wrong.

James is better? Doesn’t add anything? Mostly passes straight back? Doesn’t really create chances? Is easily contained?

I’m flabbergasted. Worrying? What is worrying is your agenda against him. What’s the issue that’s causing you to see things that aren’t there? Or not see things that are there should I say.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
I'm happy for him too of course, but this is the Greenwood thread and I've been waiting for it to finally happen for him. He's been ok to very good in his overall play but been usually sacrificed instead of the bigger names when Ole makes an offensive sub.
I’ve been following Mason since he was about 15. Huge talent. Best I’ve seen in the academy for a long time. Was very very excited to see him breakthrough, and his first season was fecking sensational. It was worrying to see him lose his goal scoring touch this season, because the rest of his game is technically very high quality and measured, but not highlight reel stuff. He’s not electric quick or anything.

So you worry when he stops scoring people are going to lay into him and not see his value. Thankfully it didn’t happen in the way it has with other young players, which has been refreshing. I am absolutely delighted he is scoring again. He’s different gravy this kid.

Also a big shout out to Ole. He never lost faith in him. Even after 3 goals in 33 games. He kept faith. Fair play to that man.

TrustInJanuzaj

I still believe he’s one of the best young players around. It wouldn’t surprise me if he kicks on and becomes the go to man in this attack. Rashford is still a little hit or miss but if he takes the chance up top he won’t look back.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Murder M@$e coming to the boil at just the right time. I reckon he's going to have a really strong end to the season.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
2 in 2, hopefully he's found his goal scoring boots and can finish the season in the goals

Swiss_Red89

Deserved this goal. He was always positive and hardworking during his quite spells this season. I feel this will give him the confidence for a strong finish.

It may be to late for the Euros...but on the positive side, he will get a rest this summer with the U21 from England being beaten by Switzerlands U21 and both being knocked out at the end of the group stages:lol: I'm hopeful of a strong 21/22 season of him.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Should be starting over Cavani in current form. Holds the ball and links play really well, and he seems to be getting his scoring instincts back.

Unlucky not to get another when it went just over the bar when off balance.

Red_toad

Ole's going to have to give him more games as a striker for the remainder of the season. Be good to see if he's ready to perform there on a consistent basis. Great to see him back in the goals and performing well. Lad had stagnated a bit over this season.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
He was hungry and confident, he's much less timid now than he was earlier in the season. I'm not sure what he went through, but at his age it's par for the course and if he's already made the turn and can stay on course, he has the potential to make the need for a new CF to become secondary to RW/CDM reinforcements.

Status
Not open for further replies.