5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

snk123

Overhyped him again when he had a deflected shot goal. Typical caf. Needs to learn to pass the fecking ball.

The Firestarter

He has a good strike when he is in the right position, but his general play and decision making has been lacking. Not only in this game, where the rest were not much better.

Red_Aaron

I thought he played well, would've been nice if someone could've created a chance for him. He was having to do everything on his own and Leeds were all over everyone today

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's young, the inconsistent performances are normal. Looked like Bambi on ice today though.

macheda14

He has a good strike when he is in the right position, but his general play and decision making has been lacking. Not only in this game, where the rest were not much better.
His general play has actually been very solid this season. He was probably the only player on the pitch who looked like he could do something today.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
He has poor spatial awareness. Not really worried as he still produced the best moment in the game.
Not sure I agree, but that would be an issue for someone who wants to eventually become a CF.

Alan Partridge

Looking more and more like a one trick pony. Like Rashford, Rashford’s trick is just slightly better.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Looking more and more like a one trick pony. Like Rashford, Rashford’s trick is just slightly better.
That's not true, in a tight game like this when two teams defend so well and closed down every little space it's always going to be tough for attackers to find a good moment in their 20-30 touches of the game, you keep things simple nd moving and waiting for the opening. He's done that well and didn't disappoint for a player who just seem to finally get up to the speed of men's game.

If we had a similar qualityin at least two other attacking spots we could get that crucial goal with a bit of quality but James is simply not good enough and Rashford was average while Bruno pretty poor too.. There are certainly more one dimensional players then Greenwood..

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He did pretty well in the context of a poor team attacking peformance. He has plenty to improve on but that's only natural but obviously is not allowed by caftards who will now trash him for being overrated, limited and so on, as if the likes of Giggs, Scholes Rooney and Giggs were absolutely perfect as kids.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I thought he did pretty well.

He would have buried the chances Dan James had. Dan James was the weak link in attack today.

criticalanalysis

Such a mixed bag. Sometimes his first touch and ball manipulations to get out of tight spots to link up play is really elite stuff and underrated imo.

Then there's those over dribbled balls and one touch too many in the final third.

Ole really needs to teach him or make him watch Henry, RVP and Robben videos. Once you're in or near the penalty box, after you make the half yard space, go for the far corner or power it into the near post as your feet is already set. The more space wrangling and step overs, the reduced spots you can hit and the more uneven your shot placement is.

To be fair that's true of all our attackers ffs. Too many checking of runs, feints and shimmys.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
some great link up play, the quick turn and pass through for the james/fernandes mess up was the best moment of quality in the match.

Grande

Shite again today, happens though.
Disagree, he was our best attacking player in a tight and aggressive low Leeds defence. He held the ball well and used it well most times, switching places and dragging defenders out to set up Bruno and James. His three finishes didn’t click, but some of his plays were what opened them up on occasions.

Had Rashford, James and Cavani been around their best, Leeds would have crumbled.

Raven

Disagree, he was our best attacking player in a tight and aggressive low Leeds defence. He held the ball well and used it well most times, switching places and dragging defenders out to set up Bruno and James. His three finishes didn’t click, but some of his plays were what opened them up on occasions.

Had Rashford, James and Cavani been around their best, Leeds would have crumbled.
I'd agree he was the best of our attackers but still shite. Our attack yesterday was our weakness.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I'd agree he was the best of our attackers but still shite. Our attack yesterday was our weakness.
I thought it was as usual our midfield and James. The attack can’t do much when the midfield can’t string passes together or provide any service. Similarly, when the ball hits James and just breaks down there’s very little Greenwood or Rashford can do.

Raven

I thought it was as usual our midfield and James. The attack can’t do much when the midfield can’t string passes together or provide any service. Similarly, when the ball hits James and just breaks down there’s very little Greenwood or Rashford can do.
Our defense and midfield created a number of chances for our attackers to fluff. I expect our front 3 to have some creative capabilities rather than relying on everyone else. I did feel that Pogba should have come on far earlier though, I wanted to see him come on at the start of the second because we were clearly struggling to create chances.

Just to be clear, I think he's been one of our best players over the last 4-5 games but yesterday he wasn't. He was selfish and wasteful which is a feature of his game when he's not at his best. Having a bad game every now and then is fine especially when you're as young as he is.

Grande

I think you’re underestimating Leeds defensive game of recent. Bielsa have (perhaps after our demolishing them at OT) gotten them into playing a very good organizeddefensive game against the better sides, something Chelsea, City and Liverpool have noticed recently. We were outnumbered in the last third, and they were well organized, concentrated and aggressive. Shaw and Wan Bissaka became more effective partly because of Leeds laying so tight, Pogba and Mason were the only ones who really managed to make openings centrally, and that takes a lot more than a shit performance to do.

Raven

I think you’re underestimating Leeds defensive game of recent. Bielsa have (perhaps after our demolishing them at OT) gotten them into playing a very good organizeddefensive game against the better sides, something Chelsea, City and Liverpool have noticed recently. We were outnumbered in the last third, and they were well organized, concentrated and aggressive. Shaw and Wan Bissaka became more effective partly because of Leeds laying so tight, Pogba and Mason were the only ones who really managed to make openings centrally, and that takes a lot more than a shit performance to do.
I don't think I'm underestimating anything. Other than 1 nice pass which James and Bruno managed to make a mess of, he offered very little. 3 or 4 terrible shots from stupid angles/distances when there were far better options available, holding onto the ball too long and his dribbling wasn't as tight as it usually is. Like I said, I'm not particularly disappointed, it's to be expected from every player, especially young players but I see absolutely no reason to hype up a thoroughly below average performance.

POF

Really surprised by the comments here. It seems that "didn't score = shite".

I thought he looked really sharp and looks like he's back in form. His link up play as the centre forward was also really impressive.

The turn and through ball to Dan James was excellent. The only thing I could criticise was that it was Dan James on the end of it.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
He will struggle if we don't create chances for him to put away.
I would definitely like to see a lot more character and a lot more effort.
But essentially, he has many of the attributes to become a good striker.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Such a mixed bag. Sometimes his first touch and ball manipulations to get out of tight spots to link up play is really elite stuff and underrated imo.

Then there's those over dribbled balls and one touch too many in the final third

Ole really needs to teach him or make him watch Henry, RVP and Robben videos. Once you're in or near the penalty box, after you make the half yard space, go for the far corner or power it into the near post as your feet is already set. The more space wrangling and step overs, the reduced spots you can hit and the more uneven your shot placement is..
That's young footballers for you. The likes of Henry and RvP were hardly perfection at the age of 19.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I thought he was alright. One thing that was noticeable was his lack of pressing though.

Dembeza

Young lad ranking up experience, still has a few areas to polish but so far soo good. Has a long career ahead of him.

Dembeza

I thought he was alright. One thing that was noticeable was his lack of pressing though.
I once read somewhere that this actually a tactic we use, that’s why Rash also looks like he isn’t presssing but we are actually setting up traps.

Mike Smalling

He was fine. Certainly no worse than Rashford, and miles better than James. We just never really got going, and Fred and McTominay struggled to keep possession and quickly bring our forwards into play.

I'm not worried. Not every performance is going to be amazing - he is still young. Hope he gets a couple of more goals this season.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I once read somewhere that this actually a tactic we use, that’s why Rash also looks like he isn’t presssing but we are actually setting up traps.
You could very well be right ie it's in design.

I felt Greenwood and James got in the way of eachother on the right side on more than one occasion.
Don't think Greenwood particularly enjoyed being the central figure yesterday ,especially when he wasn't receiving much from Fred and Mctom due to those two lacking that final creative pass, so he naturally went wide right to get more involved, where James was. It was abit of a mess.

POF

Rashford sets some great traps. Leaves his opposing full back free to run unopposed into the box.

It's all a cunning trap to fool the opposition. They'll expect Rashford to track his runner, so letting him run free will take them completely by surprise.

criticalanalysis

That's young footballers for you. The likes of Henry and RvP were hardly perfection at the age of 19.
It's more a testament to Greenwood's ability that I expect more but it's incredibly frustrating to see the same mistakes and poor approach taken over and over again.

We can play it down to age but then I look at Rashford/Martial and I think the same thing as 3-4 years ago. Both have improved of course but I think under a different coach and tactical set up, these decision making 'flaws' and inconsistencies can be reduced. Then conversely, their qualities will be enhanced and on display more regularly.

Alemar

Only had 15 minutes, 1 chance (not an easy one) and scored. With a right foot too.

It’s also excellent he is now in double digits with 10 goals

Status
Not open for further replies.