Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

Even at youth level he was such an effortlessly good finisher, I've never seen anything like it.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
You want impeccable heading skills from a 9. Mason has a long way to go... but he may be a world class RF - how is it worse than being a world class 9?
I mean you’d like it but plenty of elite strikers never had amazing heading. I actually think he will add that to his game over time anyway as he’s not short and he’s clearly earmarked it as an area to improve.

On your second point, I think he could definitely end up as a RF but I still think striker is more likely because it’s so rare you find players with his finishing ability. Really he just needs to play wherever he will get the most chances each game. If that’s RF then great but more often than not that’s ST.

laughtersassassin

Being the Senior player suited him down to the ground. He was really dragging the team forward in the first half.

Something we hadn't really seen from his.

The extra responsibility brought out the best in him.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
He seems to keep scoring goals where the "keeper should do better" but I think it's that his shots are so accurate and powerful it makes it difficult for keepers to completely stop them.

Either that or keepers are getting worse.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He seems to keep scoring goals where the "keeper should do better" but I think it's that his shots are so accurate and powerful it makes it difficult for keepers to completely stop them.

Either that or keepers are getting worse.
Think it's more the fact that he takes his shots quickly, he doesn't really take a touch to set himself like most do. That split second gives the keeper time to adjust, and especially shooting low at the near post means it's difficult to get down and get your body behind it. Most keepers might get an arm on it but can't get the strength behind it to keep it out, which is why they look like they should do better.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
I think it's the lack of back lift. If you keep doing it, it's not luck but a skill. I think he can still improve in many respects but he's ending the season well.

vanrooney

i am really hapyy for him. thought at the start of the season that he would be one of our star players this term. a bit too early maybe but good to see him having a good end to the season

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
what a player, first half was great. loved how he dropped deep and powered through their midfield
That's what he used to do for the youth deep. Drop into pockets, take on defenders and slot it comfortably like Messi whenever he wants to. He doesn't do it for the first team as things get congested and less space but if he can manage to start doing it in the Pl he will be unplayable. Not easy to do mind.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
You want impeccable heading skills from a 9. Mason has a long way to go... but he may be a world class RF - how is it worse than being a world class 9?
Henry and Aguero. Give me their all round game over most good headers of the ball

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
That's what he used to do for the youth deep. Drop into pockets, take on defenders and slot it comfortably like Messi whenever he wants to. He doesn't do it for the first team as things get congested and less space but if he can manage to start doing it in the Pl he will be unplayable. Not easy to do mind.
Yep I think it comes with confidence, he's definitely got the ability and as you say, he used to dribble way more in the youth team. I think that side of him has been drummed out of him by the coaching staff, they dont like people dribbling too far.

Matthew84!

He's definitely playing alot better now than the first half of the season, I think he'll get into the England squad now its expanded.
Hopefully he continues his form for the last few games.
Gonna be a hell of a player.

tjb

He needs to start every game at right wing. No more rash on the right nonsense
I keep saying this but Rashford's in big trouble. Bruno prefers Pogba in attack, as does anyone who hates creatively suspect we were prior to him playing there. His left side gone. He had 19/20 to become the main striker at United before Greenwood could come and compete with him, instead Martial orved the better option in that position, which was still far away from what a United striker should look like. Now we have Cavani, with Greenwood coming on looking like the future of that position. On the right, he's been terrible there. Hasn't made any impact on that role whatsoever. With Foden, Sterling and Grealish; he'd have to shift right to start for England. However at United, Greenwood is better than him on the right already. If United sign Sancho to fill that spot, Rashford could find himself in a spot where he' not first choice for United or at least in consistent rotation.

macheda14

I keep saying this but Rashford's in big trouble. Bruno prefers Pogba in attack, as does anyone who hates creatively suspect we were prior to him playing there. His left side gone. He had 19/20 to become the main striker at United before Greenwood could come and compete with him, instead Martial orved the better option in that position, which was still far away from what a United striker should look like. Now we have Cavani, with Greenwood coming on looking like the future of that position. On the right, he's been terrible there. Hasn't made any impact on that role whatsoever. With Foden, Sterling and Grealish; he'd have to shift right to start for England. However at United, Greenwood is better than him on the right already. If United sign Sancho to fill that spot, Rashford could find himself in a spot where he' not first choice for United or at least in consistent rotation.
I’ve also thought this. But I feel as soon as Rashford 1, has his surgery and gets much needed rest and 2, feels his place is under threat he’s going to really push on much like Shaw did when Telles arrived.

acnumber9

Even at youth level he was such an effortlessly good finisher, I've never seen anything like it.
What’s incredible about that is how many are with his right foot. He hasn’t even begun to show that as much at first team level. Once he has more confidence he’ll be banging them in left and right.

Bondi77

Mason has a good head on his shoulders as well as being a top finisher; I cannot say the same for Rashford or Martial whom have all the physical attributes but still struggle to know when to release a pass or get in the right position to receive one.

jesperjaap

Interesting seeing the playmaking video. Have seen little of his youth football apart from youtube videos of his goals. But I wonder if his best position long term may actually be as a number 10?

laughtersassassin

Interesting seeing the playmaking video. Have seen little of his youth football apart from youtube videos of his goals. But I wonder if his best position long term may actually be as a number 10?
Watching the Leicester game he was very Wazza esque.

Second Striker is probably has the potential to be one of his best positions. But in a more dominant team I still think RW could possibly be.

Kweku Amonoo

It doesn’t matter if it’s at ST or RW, just let the kid play anywhere close to opponents goal and he’ll wreak havoc.

Kweku Amonoo

It doesn’t matter if it’s at ST or RW, just let the kid play anywhere close to opponents goal and he’ll wreak havoc.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples

welshwingwizard

I think it would just be healthy competition to have Rashford, Pogba, Greenwood, Cavani, Bruno and potentially Sancho (touch wood) as we have a long season which requires rotation on top of injuries and general lack of form.

Apart from Cavani all of those players can play multiple positions so everyone would get game time.

This is actually how we want competition to work I.e. one of our best players being forced to up his game to make the team or be on bench.

For too long our bench hasn't been competitive and the gap in quality too large.

I think the one who should be worrying is Martial as he has showed competition makes him crumble so his time is up.

eire-red

I think Greenwood will shape our transfer plans this summer. If we buy Sancho, I think that means we're putting our faith in Greenwood to take over from Cavani after next season.

There's nothing better than watching home grown talent rise to the top. I'm just hoping that Greenwood can steer clear of injuries, keep improving and I have no doubt he'll be our main man in the coming seasons.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I think Greenwood will shape our transfer plans this summer. If we buy Sancho, I think that means we're putting our faith in Greenwood to take over from Cavani after next season.

There's nothing better than watching home grown talent rise to the top. I'm just hoping that Greenwood can steer clear of injuries, keep improving and I have no doubt he'll be our main man in the coming seasons.
Agreed. Likewise if we sign a striker then I think that means Ole is comfortable pushing Greenwood to be an undisputed starter in the right forward slot. Either is perfectly acceptable to me, just as long as he keeps playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.