5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

eire-red

Agreed. Likewise if we sign a striker then I think that means Ole is comfortable pushing Greenwood to be an undisputed starter in the right forward slot. Either is perfectly acceptable to me, just as long as he keeps playing.
Spot on.

Greenwood and Cavani are the first attackers on the teamsheet on current form, and Greenwood gives us balance from the right.

Man Utd 1:1 Fulham

kundalini

Awful performance. Poor finish straight at the keeper for his big chance in the 2nd half. Missed Fernandes' dangerous cross for some unknown reason, a crossfield pass that went out for a throw-in, the usual modest attempts to press and win back possession.

Devil may care

Had a mediocre game by his recent standards, ad a couple of decent moments but missed a great chance in the 2nd half.

Bwuk

Brilliant run and really should of scored. Links well with Cavani.

He has to start in the final imo.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
His near-post finish is becoming a bit too predictable. Needs more variety. Poor game overall, should be scoring a couple with his chances.
In fairness what he attempted wasn’t a near post finish.

GledTheRed

Awful performance. Poor finish straight at the keeper for his big chance in the 2nd half. Missed Fernandes' dangerous cross for some unknown reason, a crossfield pass that went out for a throw-in, the usual modest attempts to press and win back possession.
My fault i put him in my dream team.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I’m a fan of Rashford, but keeping him on over Mason was favouritism plain and simple. Did well today and doesn’t deserve to come away with no trophy.

criticalanalysis

His touch and all around general play (as usual) was good to very good.

Such a shame, we can't create situations to isolate him with a defender or get the ball to him in the box more.

Superb talent.

Godfather

One of only a few that looked really good. Him and AWB on that right side were looking really hungry. In contrast to that left side

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Very hard done by on the sub. Yet another indication that Rashford could have a cast on his ankle and Ole would still keep him on over Mason.

DevTheRed

He has every right to be pissed tonight. Thought he was one of the better players, certainly better than Rashford. Why he was subbed off instead of him I will never know.

Frank White

One of our 3 best players in the run in this season, yet got yanked repeatedly while the poster boy stayed on all year. Really impressed with him and look forward to his improvement, he and Pogba looked like our two most effective players tonight.
:lol: He was utter wank too. Greenwood most definitely shouldn’t have come off but have to assume Ole knew it was going to pens and Rashford although was utter shite is typically pretty good at them. Can’t remember if there is any truth in it or I’m misremembering it but wasn’t Greenwood’s penalty record not great at youth level?

kundalini

Super run and cross towards the end of the first half. Created opportunity that Cavani wasted with a poor touch when he should have shot. Wasn't involved enough in the 2nd half and his control wasn't great, the few times it did fall to him.

Last edited:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
the only one who properly turned up tonight. big game player, it’s a great sign

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
It was over when he went off and Rashford stayed on. It might have been over anyway but only one of those two was ever going to do something last night.

One of the main positives to take into next season - assuming he doesn’t ask for a transfer.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
:lol: He was utter wank too. Greenwood most definitely shouldn’t have come off but have to assume Ole knew it was going to pens and Rashford although was utter shite is typically pretty good at them. Can’t remember if there is any truth in it or I’m misremembering it but wasn’t Greenwood’s penalty record not great at youth level?
Don’t know the stats but he’s as lethal with penalties as you’d expect. Missed one with his left foot so has been slotting them with his right instead.

Sylar

Reckon if we had taken Rashford off instead Mason would have got closer to goal and been most likely to trouble their keeper.

I think trying to go for penalties is not what we should be doing, unless we have a sending off or are a lower team.

He troubled them because he can use both feet

pascell

Still can't believe he got subbed off. The right change was Rashford for Fred and put Pogba LW to get the ball moving better in and around their box.

If Greenwood was tiring in ET, bring James on.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Did well, shouldn’t have been taken off. Should be going to the Euros over Rashford on current form.

Abhinav

One of the biggest positives to come out of this season is Mason's turnaround in form and transformation as a player. Yes he scored a lot of goals last season but his all round game has come leaps and bounds in the second half. He is great at keeping possession and is not scared to run at defenders. Don't know why he was taken off yesterday instead of Rashford.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
One of the biggest positives to come out of this season is Mason's turnaround in form and transformation as a player. Yes he scored a lot of goals last season but his all round game has come leaps and bounds in the second half. He is great at keeping possession and is not scared to run at defenders. Don't know why he was taken off yesterday instead of Rashford.
Think he was quite tired to be honest, wasn't surprised in the end he got subbed - but to take him off first was a bit stupid as he was the only attacker actually doing anything.

Jaxa

Looked much more experienced beyond his years last night,

Really was a drive in that attack, only him and Cavani trying to make things happen,

Ole should be made to tell us his thoughts as to why Mason was brought off before Rashford who was horrendous, I just do not understand that mans decisions at times, similar to the Fred decision against PSG, baffling and literally could be the difference in these massive games.

Status
Not open for further replies.