Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Only caught the first half, but thought he was the best player on the pitch along with Matic. His touches, his link up play, his decision making in tight areas, I mean, that first half was the most van Persie I've seen him in a United shirt yet.
his link up play and driving through the pitch is excellent - although worryingly his shooting seems to have taken a backwards step. I’m not sure why but he doesn’t seem to be placing it anymore, he just shifts it and smacks and hopes.

I know he finished on his right today but i’d like to see him using it more often in some situations, he seems to be overly favouring his left now for some reason.

He’s a fantastic footballer though, very efficient in his play.

Blood Mage

Still have yet to be convinced that he'll ever be a no.9, but he's a fantastic wide attacker. I think he's about level or maybe slightly better than Rashford at this point.

criticalanalysis

his link up play and driving through the pitch is excellent - although worryingly his shooting seems to have taken a backwards step. I’m not sure why but he doesn’t seem to be placing it anymore, he just shifts it and smacks and hopes.

I know he finished on his right today but i’d like to see him using it more often in some situations, he seems to be overly favouring his left now for some reason.

He’s a fantastic footballer though, very efficient in his play.
Yes this. His play between the boxes is very mature with high game intelligence combined with really good technique but his shooting approach has gone to feck of late.

He scored a good goal today but pretty much all his other attempts were just rushed power shots. I've been saying this for a while but I'm really surprised Ole hasn't picked this up on on Greenwood, Martial or Rashford, who all have inconsistent technique and approaches to shooting in and around the box.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I don't know why when he plays CF that I find that he goes missing for quite a period. Like he doesn't impose himself on the game fully as a striker does by making the runs or troubling the CB'S.

I wonder if it will change over time.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I don't know why when he plays CF that I find that he goes missing for quite a period. Like he doesn't impose himself on the game fully as a striker does by making the runs or troubling the CB'S.

I wonder if it will change over time.
Personally I think that’s more to do with team control rather than the striker playing. The reality is strikers more than any other position on the pitch rely on the team getting the ball into them and providing opportunities. We have now tried Martial, Cavani, Greenwood and even before that Lukaku and all have experienced large periods within games where they can’t get into the game. Until we learn to control the game better our strikers will always be isolated and fans will point to them not doing enough.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Personally I think that’s more to do with team control rather than the striker playing. The reality is strikers more than any other position on the pitch rely on the team getting the ball into them and providing opportunities. We have now tried Martial, Cavani, Greenwood and even before that Lukaku and all have experienced large periods within games where they can’t get into the game. Until we learn to control the game better our strikers will always be isolated and fans will point to them not doing enough.
It's a bit of hard thing to talk about or kind of show -

But do you find that Greenwood makes the opposition central defenders partnership game hard and complicated?

It's not really about just putting the ball in the back of the net, but does he have the ability to play with his back to the goal net? How is his runs in behind the defenders? Are they spontaneous and tricking? Does he have a variety of skill or ability as a striker or is he playing his inverted forward way centrally instead?

I mean as overrated as they may be - a player like Martial tries to get the ball to his feet and take on his central defenders as a ST or he can hold off 2 central defenders when he has his back to net to try bring someone in to play, whilst someone like Lukaku is making runs by literally breathing down the CB's neck a few seconds before.

I can go on -

It's just that as an inverted forward he seems scary and deadly playing a style of football that seems relatively simple towards him. I'm just not so sure he can do the ST thing but I'm not giving up on him either as I have seen it in the u23's etc.

Last edited:

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I have high expectations for him this season. Was watching some highlights and he had some great movement and actions early in the season as well, just failed to reward himself with goals.

This was his first full season, He was on fire by the end of it and he seems to have maintained that form in preseason. I just hope he doesn't start on the bench to squeeze Martial or Pogba in the lineup.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
I have high expectations for him this season. Was watching some highlights and he had some great movement and actions early in the season as well, just failed to reward himself with goals.

This was his first full season, He was on fire by the end of it and he seems to have maintained that form in preseason. I just hope he doesn't start on the bench to squeeze Martial or Pogba in the lineup.
Not a chance he's nailed on start againt Leeds, he'll be on the right wing that's for sure, James, Sancho or Pogba on the left.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
I think people are getting ahead of themselves thinking he can be our future no9. He will become world class if he works hard enough but I think he will spend most of his career out wide where he can utilize his dribbling ability and a bit more space to create. He's not exactly making relentless runs forward either, likes to drop deep quite often and his hold up play is still immature. But maybe he can convince me and others this year where he will alternate with Cavani as well, who's still not match fit and won't play all games/can get injured, but with Rashford out, he will also spend time on the wings too.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I think people are getting ahead of themselves thinking he can be our future no9. He will become world class if he works hard enough but I think he will spend most of his career out wide where he can utilize his dribbling ability and a bit more space to create. He's not exactly making relentless runs forward either, likes to drop deep quite often and his hold up play is still immature. But maybe he can convince me and others this year where he will alternate with Cavani as well, who's still not match fit and won't play all games/can get injured, but with Rashford out, he will also spend time on the wings too.
Not sure about "he likes to drop deep". Isn't that a result of him tracking back unlike Rashford? I agree though he's currently better out wide.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Not sure about "he likes to drop deep". Isn't that a result of him tracking back unlike Rashford? I agree though he's currently better out wide.
He likes the ball to be played to his feet a lot rather than just commit and make a full run foward behind the defence, playing both centrally and on the wing. Don't htink he's as lazy as Martial at making runs and surely his instinct is to ge into box more often but as a classic no9, he's quite far away form, rather a false 9, but is that what we need? Rather play him wide, if he can't get gametime play him upfront where I c'think he's 60% player what he's from the flanks.. but giving gametime anywehhere is a must if we want him to develop to reach his potential.

In Rainbows

He likes the ball to be played to his feet a lot rather than just commit and make a full run foward behind the defence, playing both centrally and on the wing. Don't htink he's as lazy as Martial at making runs and surely his instinct is to ge into box more often but as a classic no9, he's quite far away form, rather a false 9, but is that what we need? Rather play him wide, if he can't get gametime play him upfront where I c'think he's 60% player what he's from the flanks.. but giving gametime anywehhere is a must if we want him to develop to reach his potential.
I do think he likes the ball to feet, but I also do think that he drops deep when he's starved of the ball. If United were better in midfield I'm sure there would be an uptick in classic center forward play. However, we also had Rooney and RVP who would both drop down too.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
It’s gonna be his year. I wouldn’t have had confidence in Rashford scoring that goal. He’s in the team to stay.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Superb performance, his overall game is brilliant.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
probably his best performance for united all round. barely put a foot wrong and what an important goal that 2nd was.

NotQuiteManc

He looked (at least in this game) far ready than I thought he would be in the CF position. Really good all-round performance. The simple lay-offs, that great "pre-assist" pass to Pogba for Fred's goal.

El Zoido

He’s been great since the second half of last season. He looked really assured up top today, looked like he belonged.

Idxomer

More talented than Haaland, just has much more to his game than the Norwegian.

Red_Aaron

He's best friends with those bottom corners, they're essentially an extension of his self at this point

Clinical

Robbie Boy

What a finish and what a time to score too. I'm predicting an amazing season from Greenwood.

el3mel

The guy is a brilliant footballer. You just love to see the ball in his feet.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I still think his best position will be/is an inside forward on the right. His finishing is insane and getting a few extra yards to work with seems more preferential.

He looks a lot more physically ready for a central role, though.

Jaxa

Bruno & Paul will steal the headlines today and rightly so but I was so impressed with Mason,

Work rate, decision making, technical ability , pace and scored a vital goal just when it could of got very interesting with Leeds having there tails up

19 years old too :nervous: this guy has the world at his feet

Mr Smith

Should be allowed to play the next game up top whether Cavani is fit or not. Really great performance, keep this up and we might not need to bother with Haaland.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Loved him today. Worked hard, excellent technique throughout and created good opportunities. Brilliant goal too.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He really is a gunman. Low into the corner, left foot.. right foot. Mase Gunwood.

Status
Not open for further replies.