Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
I was happy with him today and I'm certainly not always. Great goal and from what I recall he was right to shoot on all the occasions he did. He caught a few poorly but they were all ones I think he's very capable of scoring. If other teams allow him that much opportunity to shoot I think he'll bang in more than one against them before long.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I'm not too sure, I think every spot is up for grabs. Although Greenwood was trash for half a season last season as well so I'm not too worried that he'll turn it around before the end of this campaign.
What do you mean “turn it round”. Greenwood’s been one of the only positives so far this season. He’s the last player who needs to “turn it round”.

Side note, it’s funny how reluctant you’ve been to use the word “trash” about other attacking players far more deserving of that adjective.

United in sin

Shooting on sight, not being very active in defending, not really trying to link up with AWB on the right either. I don't see very much connection between him and AWB actually, they are not building any sort of relationship.

I know AWB isn't the most technically brilliant player, but feck, he's still your partner on the pitch.
That falls squarely on Solskjaer. Either it's his instructions or he has no control and is just letting our forwards create their individual moments.

There's no discipline or organization to our attacking play. Greenwood however has been justified in taking his chances.

His shots cause problems and he usually finds the target. He's great at creating space for himself. AWB and Greenwood did link up in the build up to Greenwood's goal, and they had a nice one-two earlier before Greenwood took his first shot that Schmiechel saved

EtH

What do you mean “turn it round”. Greenwood’s been one of the only positives so far this season. He’s the last player who needs to “turn it round”.

Side note, it’s funny how reluctant you’ve been to use the word “trash” about other attacking players far more deserving of that adjective.
Indeed. It’s bizarre. I’ve given up discussing either player with him. I mean how abject have Martial’s performances been for over a year now ? And he is just another more senior member of the squad from which Greenwood can glean bad habits. I don’t understand why the kid gets so much stick when all the “older heads” in the squad are doing what he has been doing to the nth degree.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Indeed. It’s bizarre. I’ve given up discussing either player with him. I mean how abject have Martial’s performances been for over a year now ? And he is just another more senior member of the squad from which Greenwood can glean bad habits. I don’t understand why the kid gets so much stick when all the “older heads” in the squad are doing what he has been doing to the nth degree.
Egotistical young players who shoot on sight, ignore their team mates, regularly break up attacks and lazily defend are annoying, generally. Rashford got the same criticism, Ronaldo the same 15 years ago…that self belief is what allows them to be great at their peak, but before they’re there, the growing pains are annoying. For a lot of people anyway.

spiriticon

That falls squarely on Solskjaer. Either it's his instructions or he has no control and is just letting our forwards create their individual moments. There's no discipline or organization to our attacking play. Greenwood however has been justified in taking his chances. His shots cause problems and he usually finds the target. He's great at creating space for himself
Yes the coaches should do more but I don't see any harm in Greenwood trying harder to forge a footballing understanding with AWB regardless. There's no fluidity on the right wing. It's always start-stop and then it eventually goes back to the left where all the footballing magic happens.

The only magic that happens on the right is Mason's thundercrackers, but he can't possibly do them every match.

EtH

Egotistical young players who shoot on sight, ignore their team mates, regularly break up attacks and lazily defend are annoying, generally. Rashford got the same criticism, Ronaldo the same 15 years ago…that self belief is what allows them to be great at their peak, but before they’re there, the growing pains are annoying. For a lot of people anyway.
True that. But Ronaldo was doing it in a team with top class players and the greatest manager ever on his arse when he acted the twat. Rashford and Greenwood have not had the same examples set which is a worry. Makes bringing in a more tactically astute manager who won’t put up with such from him or anyone else all the more important.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Getting bit annoyed about his selfish play. You can do one or two times a game but the fact that I will shoot everytime I get the ball is something else.

Brilliant goal though.

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
I know it's not necessarily something that should be lauded, but I quite like how he isn't deferring to Ronaldo and believes he can be our match winner. I thought the Ronaldo signing would make him more shot shy, but if anything it's gone a bit too far away. Admire the confidence, regardless. He'll get the balance right eventually. Watching this kid play has been my only positive so far this season.

lenny_1248

People that are calling him selfish based on "this" game are pure idiots.
It seems like it's a new narrative here after he did not pass to Ronaldo against Aston Villa - Mason is selfish etc. What a fecking bs.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
He is quite frankly an insane talent. Abit selfish at the moment - yeah but he’s the most exciting United player by a country mile and Southgate needs to get him into the starting XI for England. Don’t kill him with the negativity please... he’s the last thing that is wrong with the current side.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Ever since Ronaldo came, Greenwood is getting harsher treatment because isn't 100% sacrificing his game for a 36 old CF. Ronaldo plays like shit - he gets no service, can't blame him, Greenwood is consistently our best forward - that one time he didn't pass to Ronaldo/Bruno means he isnt developing or a team player.

Greenwood has been the main spark of our attack this season. Where he should do better is work rate off the ball but on the ball he's been really good. For some he's got a target on his head though.

passtheball

He wants to score worldies every game, and people who don't understand football will think he had a great game. He did not. He was not bad, but his link-up play is very coarse (as you would expect from a young player) and our coaches are doing nothing to develop it.

I am honestly surprised how accommodating Ronaldo has been with his teammates. A scream or two in Greenwood's direction would be beneficial to the lad.

amolbhatia50k

It seems like it's a new narrative here after he did not pass to Ronaldo against Aston Villa - Mason is selfish etc. What a fecking bs.
Yup.

The time he came inside on his left, he may have ballooned the shot but given his ability and the lovely touch inside, of course he should have shot even Bruno had a little cry. There was this one time he actually should have passed but feck me, we've seen Bruno take shots from 40 yards out for no reason and yet Greenwood gets stick. At least he's shooting from positions he actually does score from.

Like I said we need to get his off the the intensity up. That's more important. Hopefully the next manager can get both him and Sancho improving on that front.

FattyFooty

To many of our attacks stop on him.

A better manager would get alot more out of him. United are really strugling to dominate games. And if we want to dominate we cant shoot the ball away 8 out of 10.

angak

The arguments of selfishness are so narrow minded. Same was said of Ronaldo. Eventually those 'selfish' shots will go in because this kid is on another level. Whenever he has the ball at his feet I feel like something is going to happen more than any other player. Will be a top 5 player in the world.

Raven

I mean ending his greedy streak. He started last season terribly but was arguably our best attacker in the final months of the season. He started this season like an absolute house on fire but in the last few games hes been incredibly greedy and in my opinion one of the main reasons we can't build an attack effectively. We saw last season that when he's playing like a team player, he's unstoppable, I'd just like to see him get back to that.

I've used trash to describe both Rashford and Martial at different points by the way.

You find me a striker that gets to the edge of the opposition box and doesn't shoot 9 times out of 10. Yes he needs somebody to teach him better decision making, but that's not going to happen until Ole is replaced. Ronaldo certainly isn't going to do it. Until then, let's be glad of the goals he provides and focus on where the real problems in the team lie.

lenny_1248

I mean ending his greedy streak. He started last season terribly but was arguably our best attacker in the final months of the season. He started this season like an absolute house on fire but in the last few games hes been incredibly greedy and in my opinion one of the main reasons we can't build an attack effectively. We saw last season that when he's playing like a team player, he's unstoppable, I'd just like to see him get back to that.
What a bs you are writing here. Jesus fecking Christ.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
I know it's not necessarily something that should be lauded, but I quite like how he isn't deferring to Ronaldo and believes he can be our match winner. I thought the Ronaldo signing would make him more shot shy, but if anything it's gone a bit too far away. Admire the confidence, regardless. He'll get the balance right eventually. Watching this kid play has been my only positive so far this season.
I know what you mean and yeah, such confidence and self-belief for a player that just turned 20 is an amazing trait and the one which usually transcends into something great going forward. He just needs proper guidance and structure within a team to fully excel. He also looks like he's fully grown into his body, isn't afraid of any defender, and can't be easily pushed off the ball. He does play in his own tune, but so are everyone else within the team. Nevertheless, his potential looks scary.

amolbhatia50k

I've used trash to describe both Rashford and Martial at different points by the way.
:lol: :lol:

M Bison

Supports
York City
The one bright spark in a depressing start to the season, cracking player and a real talent. Unfortunately for him he’s playing in a rubbish system but I’m spite of that, still scoring goals and performing.

I’d have been furious if I was him getting subbed yesterday.

Giggsyking

Brilliant player I must say in the beginning.

Last week there were many here acting aggressive, just because I said he need to sit on the bench for few games to learn how to play in a team. Sir Alex used to do it all the time when he see a player not working for the team. It is not because I dont rate him, the opposite actually, it is because I rate him as our future star. He is our best talent, but he is being mismanaged by our manager. He is giving him the freedom to do whatever he wants and he is learning football the wrong way. The number of times other players where in a much better place but he chose to balloon the ball into raw z was frustrating.

Not only that, countless of times Bruno was asking him to cover the spaces and press when we were in a defensive situation were countless, Bruno was frustrated many times because of that. For his sake he need to learn that he is not above that dirty work of football, just look at Salah, he works his socks off, Giggs, Beckham, Rooney countless examples of top top players running all the time to help the team.

I love Mason, and I think he is the best talent in our team and I hope in the next 2 years he becomes the best striker in the world.

Last edited:

Deery

Dreary
What a goal that was this kid is going to be a special special player..

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I'm not too sure, I think every spot is up for grabs. Although Greenwood was trash for half a season last season as well so I'm not too worried that he'll turn it around before the end of this campaign.
I mean you clearly aren’t a fan of the boy. He’s been our best player this season though so it’s stupid not to give him the credit.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Couldn’t agree more. Stupid narrative and he’s clearly our best player at the moment.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
People going in on Greenwood on this thread are the same ones saying Sancho deserves to start. It's incredibly bias. Greenwood has been miles better than Sancho so far.

Rashford actually has surpassed Sancho's output of the season in 20 mins.

Way too many agenda in this fanbase. When players are playing well then say so. Greenwood and DDG have probably been out best players this season so far for me.

GueRed

Our sharpest attacking player and probably sharpest player all round so far this season.

He's improving all the time.

Some people expecting the finished product need to get a grip

Kramer

Incredible goal.

Personally don’t mind the selfishness at all. Aside from the fact that he’s our best finisher and therefore logic dictates he should be taking the maximum shots regardless of age, being selfish is a part and parcel of every great centre forward’s game.

Now unfortunately this can lead to some short term frustration (like when Ronaldo was 18-22 yrs old), but in the long run, it shows he is starting to show signs that he has that innate desire to score goals that all top forwards have.Which is great news for United.

More often than not, he makes the right decisions in the final third already which for his age is phenomenal.

Having said all that, he needs to be coached to press the opposition better. No idea what our coaching staff are doing there.

Raven

I mean you clearly aren’t a fan of the boy. He’s been our best player this season though so it’s stupid not to give him the credit.
I'm a big fan of his but I'm also aware that he's been overly greedy this season. Those two things are not mutually exclusive. I gave him credit for his last game because he wasn't as greedy and helped progress our play and build attacks. Generally this season, once he gets the ball in the final 3rd, he's looking to cut in and get a shot off and yesterday he scored a cracker that way yesterday but it was also his first goal since August whilst not registering a single assist. Last season he started incredibly selfish but grew into it and ended the campaign as possibly our best player.

lenny_1248

So you're saying he hasn't been mostly very greedy this season?
He had 1-2-3 moments (overall this season) where "clearly" the best decision was to pass. But this happens with EVERY attacker. How can you blame them?
So, he had to pass in the game against the Wolves then?
It's pure nonsense. You can find these moments "better pass than shoot" in literally every game.
His overall game, including build-up play, has improved a lot.

For some reason you just hate on the kid which is honestly pathetic. Nothing personal, but it's just so weird.

YeahYeah

In 2 years time games like yesterday, those will be hattricks for him.
He can shoot every single time and he has a great shot, thats so amazing. He is impossible to defend against. Great dribble, great shot, two footed. He will always get his shot off and if its on target and most times it is, good luck to the keeper.

Seriously if our game plan was to just find him and let him dribble and go 1 on 3 every single time that would be a much better tactic than whatever we have.

He could be our best player already....and people are not ready for that.

Raven

He had 1-2-3 moments (overall this season) where "clearly" the best decision was to pass. But this happens with EVERY attacker. How can you blame them?
It's pure nonsense. You can find these moments "better pass than shoot" in literally every game.

For some reason you just hate on the kid which is honestly pathetic. Nothing personal, but it's just so weird.
So criticism isn't allowed? I'm a big fan of Greenwood but he's been incredibly greedy lately, when he's less selfish he's a much better and more effective player.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
What's his best position currently? I think he's a bit too unimposing for the #9 role but like Van Persie could grow into that role in the future.

Right now, I like him cutting in and using that deadly left foot.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Even weirder when you consider the lengths he’ll go to to defend Martial from any and all criticism.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
What's his best position currently? I think he's a bit too unimposing for the #9 role but like Van Persie could grow into that role in the future.

Right now, I like him cutting in and using that deadly left foot.
agreed.

being a striker in the modern day is over rated. as we’ve seen with salah you can still put up insane numbers from a wide forward position, it’s just about exploiting the right space.

Raven

Even weirder when you consider the lengths he’ll go to to defend Martial from any and all criticism.
You know full well that I've criticised Martial many times and have admitted both that he was trash last season and also that he's rightfully out of the team at the moment. I want Greenwood to be the best player he can be, I think you know that he's not been as good as he can be since August.

Status
Not open for further replies.