Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Ole sacrificing Greenwood and Sancho to save his own skin.

FattyFooty

I really hope he he learns from our big boys.

I know he had some good goals this season, but for me he really dont improve much. Maybe if he sit and watch some games it might help him.

FattyFooty

The fallout with Ronaldo is clearly absolutely nonsense btw! Just some people are too dim to see that. That whole narrative has come about primarily due to our own fans deciding that Greenwood is ‘greedy’ because he failed to pass to Ronaldo once, despite the fact when you watch it back the pass isn’t even really on and it was a clear shooting opportunity. The media write what people will read (see the Pogba story). This season it has become popular amongst a selection of Utd fans to single out Greenwood despite the fact he’s played well. I don’t really know where the narrative is coming from (Ronaldo cult maybe?), but it’s seriously damaging for Greenwood and the club really. It’s easy to put 2-2 together and see why the media would create a fake “rift” between Ronaldo and Greenwood.
Dude...

I also love Greenwood but, failed to pass once?

I know he had some great moments this season. But the overall story is different. He been kinda selfish, kinda lazy on top of that he dont really have very good passing nor link up play.

He really need to start to learn from Cavani and Ronaldo.

If you saw the Spurs game look at the diffrence in quality that Cavani and Ronaldo had. Its not just there goals. It was everything.

I really hope he improves hes overall play.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Dude...

I know he had some great moments this season. But the overall story is different. He been kinda selfish, kinda lazy on top of that he dont really have very good passing nor link up play.

If you saw the Spurs game look at the diffrence in quality that Cavani and Ronaldo had. Its not just there goals. It was everything.

Disagree completely

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I feel he has done enough and has been a solid part of our team for the last 3 seasons to warrant a new profile picture

That picture up there is terrible (with that hellish haircut) and he has much better ones and deserves a better one

So hereby I ask the dear mods to address this urgent matter

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Thrown under the bus a little by the manager. It’s like he has no idea but has gone off what has been said in the media. Mason has started nearly every game, so clearly Ole has been happy with him….then Saturday doesn’t get off the bench. Manager hasn’t a clue.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Thrown under the bus a little by the manager. It’s like he has no idea but has gone off what has been said in the media. Mason has started nearly every game, so clearly Ole has been happy with him….then Saturday doesn’t get off the bench. Manager hasn’t a clue.
Am I missing something here?

Atalanta 2:2 Man Utd

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
No surprises to see this thread absolutely dead despite the fact without him we don’t get anything from the game tonight. Excellent pass for the first goal and pretty much the only first time pass of the entire game. Did well for the second too, even If Ronaldo did the hard work! Such a classy player and it’s a shame he’s under appreciated as a player.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Needs to work on his first touch. If it was tigniter it would stop him from having to dribble the second touch back towards his goal and pass it back. Otherwise, I love this boy and enjoy watching him every time he’s on the field. He’s going to be our all time top scorer.

MS4

One of the first four names on the team-sheet but people were doubting him.
Certainly he made more attempts to shoot from distance cause he has been told to

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Can’t wait to see him play through the middle again. Wasted playing as wide as he is.

shabz

Played more central when he came on and played a massive part in both goals, passing to Ronaldo may I add.

He is class, will become even better and is only compounded by the fact he is played out of position and in a struggling team. If we are going to do anything this season, he will play a part definitely.

darko

Dude...

That's partly because they played as front-two. A front three generally crap in my opinion. Mason gets stuck out on the right and is better in a more central position. The way I see it, United have four strikers I would use. Ronaldo as my first choice and Cavani and Greenwood next. Rashford would be the forth choice.

snk123

Much better team play and didn’t shoot once which was great to see because he was never in a position to do so.

snk123

He played as he has all season…
No. He hasn’t and you’re just making stuff up. The greedy mason would just shoot on both occasions.

He has improved a lot as a team player ever since his performance against West Ham

EtH

No. He hasn’t and you’re just making stuff up. The greedy mason would just shoot on both occasions.

He has improved a lot as a team player ever since his performance against West Ham
You are beyond tedious at this point.

tjb

That's partly because they played as front-two. A front three generally crap in my opinion. Mason gets stuck out on the right and is better in a more central position. The way I see it, United have four strikers I would use. Ronaldo as my first choice and Cavani and Greenwood next. Rashford would be the forth choice.
I don't think its about Greenwood. I've come to the realization that Ole actually doesn't know how to play through the flanks. Outside of Rashford's inside runs, we really struggle to get our wingers in creative positions. Its been a constant theme throughout Ole's reign.

FattyFooty

I was impressed with Greenwood yesterday. Hes passing looked better.

Maybe it was good for him beeing benched a couple of games?

Amira

One of his better performances this season especially in terms of link up play and providing for others. Hopefully that’s a sign of some maturity in his game

dal

He played well but he really needs to be in and around that box more, I think he’s bettter coming on as a sub, he’ll get better.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He needs to be the striker partner for Ronaldo when Cavani isn't playing, not Rashford.

Rashford's is too much of an inverted forward.

Maureen-yo

Dude...

Is this a joke? His overall link up play is quality, he pings cross field balls on either foot to switch play constantly, keeps the ball moving well and is always looking for the overlap from Wan Bissaka.
he may be a little bit lazy at times and sometimes his concentration drifts but to suggest his overall play needs improving is just wrong when he’s been one of the best 3 players this season.

Bondi77

Is this a joke? His overall link up play is quality, he pings cross field balls on either foot to switch play constantly, keeps the ball moving well and is always looking for the overlap from Wan Bissaka.
he may be a little bit lazy at times and sometimes his concentration drifts but to suggest his overall play needs improving is just wrong when he’s been one of the best 3 players this season.
Spot on!
I really do not know what other people are watching.

Lynty

I actually think he's more lazy than Martial. As long as he keeps contributing to goals, it doesn't matter. Hopefully it doesn't dry up.

Flexdegea

Actually haven't a clue what people be watching sometimes.

Greenwood been one of our best players this season. All around game been spot on. His passing as well been top quality.

If he was played more central he get more goals. He's literally out the wing and getting to double up with bissaka. Not exactly much help.

FattyFooty

One of hes better games so far this season for me. Had more linking up, seems more willing to pass around the box.

spiriticon

Thought he was great last night. Don't think he took a single shot on goal. All he thought about was pressing and passing.

Good stuff. I don't care if he scores less goals by concentrating on the basics. If he does it well enough consistently, Ole will have more confidence to move back to a back four and he will in turn get more chances to play.

simmee

Thought he was great last night. Don't think he took a single shot on goal. All he thought about was pressing and passing.

Good stuff. I don't care if he scores less goals by concentrating on the basics. If he does it well enough consistently, Ole will have more confidence to move back to a back four and he will in turn get more chances to play.
Agree. He is pure quality but I don't understand people who says he has played like this all season. Thought he worked a lot harder and passed quicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.