5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

CloneMC16

Our only good attacker. He's been the best attacker this season by a long way. Ralf is doing the exact same thing Ole did. He subs Mase, because it's easier to sub the youngest player. He was the only player that looked like doing anything. Subbing him was criminal.

Frank Grimes

Not seeing all the fuss about him. Was less shit than Sancho, Cavani and Ronaldo tonight but wasn't anything special himself. He deserved to be hooked for that brain dead 30 yard shot in 2nd half.

acnumber9

Ralf didn't mention anything about Greenwood having a knock in explaining why he took him off.

Just said he had to take somebody off and it was either him or Cavani.

...couldn't take off Sancho? Or maybe just NOT bring Rashford on, as he's in the worst form of his career?
He couldn’t bring Sancho off as for some reason he was playing left wing back.

MrBest

Not seeing all the fuss about him. Was less shit than Sancho, Cavani and Ronaldo tonight but wasn't anything special himself. He deserved to be hooked for that brain dead 30 yard shot in 2nd half.
I disagree, i thought he was the only player on our side that looked dangerous. Good vision to stretch the game a few times, got into some good positions one of which Cavani was too greedy. He did have one wasteful shot where he should of looked for a runner but when i saw the replay, i saw static players. AwB is not on his wavelength so he struggles to have support on the overlap. In my view, he should be playing at the top and not on the wing.

That said, he can do better but if he grounds himself, he will be a very special player.

acnumber9

If that’s how we base decisions for subs then Cavani should’ve been hooked at half time. He actually had a perfectly easy passing option.

CloneMC16

If that’s how we base decisions for subs then Cavani should’ve been hooked at half time. He actually had a perfectly easy passing option.
Cavani and Sancho both screwed up great attacks. They should have passed.

I'm concerned with how the club is treating Greenwood. He's the best player that's come through the academy in a long time. He has the best touch, dribbling, and finishing ability out of all of our players. His passing is also quite good. It's annoying to see him getting subbed when he's the only good player on the pitch. He should be playing the majority of the time.

RuudTom83

Ralf needs to look long term, taking Mason off isn’t going to make him a better footballer.

Keeping Ronaldo and Cavani on the pitch is such a short sighted approach.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
That’s ridiculous. So by your own admission he was clearly our best attacker, yet you’ve decided to jump in as he’s trying to do something. He was literally the only one who looked like providing anything positive all game. I’m guessing you also said he shouldn’t have shot vs Leicester too? Honestly it’s fans like you that make me wish he goes and tears it up elsewhere because it’s clear many Utd fans don’t deserve our academy.,

TrustInJanuzaj

I disagree, i thought he was the only player on our side that looked dangerous. Good vision to stretch the game a few times, got into some good positions one of which Cavani was too greedy. He did have one wasteful shot where he should of looked for a runner but when i saw the replay, i saw static players. AwB is not on his wavelength so he struggles to have support on the overlap. In my view, he should be playing at the top and not on the wing.

That said, he can do better but if he grounds himself, he will be a very special player.
I agree but he won’t be a special player at this club under these conditions. At this moment in time it’s impossible and I really mean that. Half the fans have lost their heads and offer zero support meanwhile the team do their best to look like 11 strangers. Greenwood is a world class talent and convinced that in the right team he would flourish but that just isn’t Utd right now!

Frank Grimes

That’s ridiculous. So by your own admission he was clearly our best attacker, yet you’ve decided to jump in as he’s trying to do something. He was literally the only one who looked like providing anything positive all game. I’m guessing you also said he shouldn’t have shot vs Leicester too? Honestly it’s fans like you that make me wish he goes and tears it up elsewhere because it’s clear many Utd fans don’t deserve our academy.,
Our Academy? Our academy that hasn't produced a decent player since who exactly?

I've just watched the 1st half again on mutv and sorry I'm struggling to see what he did so well. I can't make up stuff that impressed me about his performance.

TrustInJanuzaj

Our Academy? Our academy that hasn't produced a decent player since who exactly?

I've just watched the 1st half again on mutv and sorry I'm struggling to see what he did so well. I can't make up stuff that impressed me about his performance.
He held the ball well. Played the best pass of the game when he held it up and swung it out to the left wing. Generally as usual he was the only player that looked after the ball and was able to beat the press and find a pass. He had 7 successful dribbles which was easily our highest amount and just clearly looked the biggest threat. Was he perfect no, because no one was but considering he’s on a pitch with Cristiano Ronaldo and was miles better I think he deserves credit.

Frank Grimes

He held the ball well. Played the best pass of the game when he held it up and swung it out to the left wing. Generally as usual he was the only player that looked after the ball and was able to beat the press and find a pass. He had 7 successful dribbles which was easily our highest amount and just clearly looked the biggest threat. Was he perfect no, because no one was but considering he’s on a pitch with Cristiano Ronaldo and was miles better I think he deserves credit.
He had a very average game. Standards are at a low level. Needs to improve.

TrustInJanuzaj

He had a very average game. Standards are at a low level. Needs to improve.
Everyone needs to improve. We are at rock bottom, I don’t think that means we shouldn’t praise players that are better than the others. Greenwood has been pretty good this season considering the circumstances and was about our only shining light today. Ragnick was wrong to sub him first this the boos from the crowd.,

chiz2kul

Not sure what all the fuss is about the substition.
He's having yet another run of rather poor games. Whats his goal/assist ratio now in how many games played? How many more poor games will he have before we stop calling him a gEnErAtiOnAl TaLeNt.

Frank Grimes

Everyone needs to improve. We are at rock bottom, I don’t think that means we shouldn’t praise players that are better than the others. Greenwood has been pretty good this season considering the circumstances and was about our only shining light today. Ragnick was wrong to sub him first this the boos from the crowd.,
I don't praise players who drop 6/10 performances. If you want to you can. I consider a 6/10 an average game, some of his passing was sloppy. Some United fans are dumb, they chanted for Ole to stay for ffs.

TrustInJanuzaj

I don't praise players who drop 6/10 performances. If you want to you can. I consider a 6/10 an average game, some of his passing was sloppy. Some United fans are dumb, they chanted for Ole to stay for ffs.
I’d praise a 6/10 when the rest are 3/10. Nothing to do with standards that just logical thinking. Was he our best attacker today?

TrustInJanuzaj

Not sure what all the fuss is about the substition.
He's having yet another run of rather poor games. Whats his goal/assist ratio now in how many games played? How many more poor games will he have before we stop calling him a gEnErAtiOnAl TaLeNt.
Ffs call yourself a Utd fan. Genuine disgrace :lol:

MrBest

I agree but he won’t be a special player at this club under these conditions. At this moment in time it’s impossible and I really mean that. Half the fans have lost their heads and offer zero support meanwhile the team do their best to look like 11 strangers. Greenwood is a world class talent and convinced that in the right team he would flourish but that just isn’t Utd right now!
Can't argue with that. Feels like we have hitbrock bottom for the 100th time in 7.5yrs since fergie left. It's simply depressing right now. Hopefully we can see some changes soon.

lex talionis

Mason looked good but yes of course he was well short of prime Best/Giggs.

At the time it looked like he took a knock so the substitution made sense. But if he didn’t and Ralf subbed him off because he was scared of upsetting Ronnie or Edi then that’s a problem. We have to get beyond that kind of small time mentality if we’re going to take the next step. Forward, that is.

Andersons Dietician

He’s got this habit of playing a lazy pass. Few times yesterday when we were pushing forward and it looked like something was away to happen and he either plays the ball behind the player or just in some manner that really slows up the move. Certainly something he needs to improve on.

Saying that, the part where he muscled some guy took the ball down then sprayed the pass out to Ronaldo I think it was was just brilliant. He has some fantastic moments in him and overall felt like he had a good game. Needs to improve his pressing and defensive work I feel.

Mozox

Do you think he suitsRalf's 4-2-2-2-2-2-2-2? I'm not sure.
I think he would do better job as a wide forward, but one thing is highly intesting.
Why he hasn't still bulk up? "Footbally" he is 10/10, no need to work over hours, but his body is still in u-23.

youngrell

Was annoying to see him subbed last night. He seemed to be really warming up right as he was hooked and certainly looked our liveliest player. Bringing Bruno on was the right call but Mason going off was the wrong one.

I thought RR would have more conviction in him and be able to hook the senior guys when they're having an off night, but evidence so far suggests not.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I'm really enjoying watching our ,arguably, best finisher being so far away from goal.

bugmat

Ralf needs to look long term, taking Mason off isn’t going to make him a better footballer.

Keeping Ronaldo and Cavani on the pitch is such a short sighted approach.
It is but it seems to be his remit as interim - make top 4 at all costs.

the_cliff

It is but it seems to be his remit as interim - make top 4 at all costs.
I would agree if we were winning games and playing well. However, it's looking like we aren't going to finish top 4 with those two up front either.

Maybe, it's better to go back to the front 3 that got us top 4 last season.

romufc

I wonder why we started the season well... Oh wait Greenwood was playing up top.

Dante

Average bang
I don't think Mason works well with Ronaldo. Neither of them pass to each other. Which makes the 4-2-2-2 turn into a 4-2-2-1 every time one of them is on the ball. These two might even represent one of the divisions that Shaw was talking about.

I also found Ralf's comments were a bit puzzling and contradictory: "effort and performance was not outstanding but at least he was one of the better players today". His effort and performance were fine. Especially since, by Rangnick's own admission, he was one of the better players.

I think the real reason he was taken off was mostly because of Greenwood's lack of connection with Ronaldo. But also because of the manager's favouritism towards Ronaldo when it comes to sacrificing one of the two. It's kind of understandable with Ronaldo's GOAT status. But also difficult to take if we're looking at things on a game by game basis.

MUFC OK

Deserves to start over Cavani. Hes a striker/winger, not a number 10.

Foxbatt

I don't think Mason works well with Ronaldo. Neither of them pass to each other. Which makes the 4-2-2-2 turn into a 4-2-2-1 every time one of them is on the ball. These two might even represent one of the divisions that Shaw was talking about.

I also found Ralf's comments were a bit puzzling and contradictory: "effort and performance was not outstanding but at least he was one of the better players today". His effort and performance were fine. Especially since, by Rangnick's own admission, he was one of the better players.

I think the real reason he was taken off was mostly because of Greenwood's lack of connection with Ronaldo. But also because of the manager's favouritism towards Ronaldo when it comes to sacrificing one of the two. It's kind of understandable with Ronaldo's GOAT status. But also difficult to take if we're looking at things on a game by game basis.
Why should Ralf show any favouritism towards Ronaldo? He did not sign him and Ronaldo has never played for him.

Chief123

An unpopular opinion, but even though I have high hopes for Greenwood I have a feeling he’s not actually going to make it as an elite player and fail to fulfill his potential. He has undoubted ability, but I feel his mentality is going to be his downfall.

The United

As much as I like to see him play at CF, is he mature enough physically to play there though? He seems to get tired around 60 mins usually and his stamina seems to go down around then. It is not like he works as hard as Cavani or Bruno on the pitch. I was hoping that he would develop better in that sense this season. Having covid probably didn't help? Even RR said he needed to improve on that. He would not have much of time or space on the ball at all as playing CF battling CBs all game.

Last edited:

lex talionis

Yes the bar is set quite low these days but if you’re the only clearing the low bar it makes no sense for you to be the one subbed off when the outcome of a match is still in doubt.

SATA

Is it just me noticing that he genuinely refuses to pass the ball to Ronaldo whenever there's an opportunity to do so?

AussieDevil

He can feck off too if reports of him being unhappy are true. He hasn’t accomplished anything in the game yet, is on crazy money and has had plenty of opportunity to play considering his age and experience.

Love the kid and hope he has a long future at United but only if he is willing to represent the club with everything he has got.

Bestietom

I think Mason lost confidence when Ronaldo started throwing his hands in the air when he shot instead of passing the ball to him.
We all know that Greenwood can score from outside the box with any foot, but it seems that he is not taking these shots anymore now. He needs to be encouraged by some of the senior players, or manager/coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.