Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Point out where I slagged him off. I'll wait.
You made a ridiculous hyberbolic claim that Greenwood would end up a mid table player (clearly that’s slagging someone off). That’s based on absolutely nothing and certainly not performances this season where he’s been arguably our best and most consistent attacker. Yes he has some way to improve but acting like he’s an average talent is nonsense. But then you don’t support Utd so I’ll go back to my original statement, sod off and comment on your own players, because you clearly cant evaluate ours.

The Plump Poet

Supports
Southend United
You made a ridiculous hyberbolic claim that Greenwood would end up a mid table player (clearly that’s slagging someone off). That’s based on absolutely nothing and certainly not performances this season where he’s been arguably our best and most consistent attacker. Yes he has some way to improve but acting like he’s an average talent is nonsense. But then you don’t support Utd so I’ll go back to my original statement, sod off and comment on your own players, because you clearly cant evaluate ours.
No it's not. What's more, you know that. Which is why you felt the need to write a hefty caveat when it wasn't required.

CloneMC16

Wasn't a good performance, but none of our starting forwards played well. He is a striker being asked to play on the wing. I would really like to see him play upfront. If Sancho came in to play in the next game, I wouldn't be surprised.

Firstouch20

Saw this video of a young van Persie around Greenwoods age. Their mannerism are uncanny.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Robin was as egotistical and selfish as Mason is in that age ? I don't know...
Van Persie didn't start looking like a top player until 27 though. As a player he regularly made bad decisions but was clearly talented (among being severely injury prone).

Frank Grimes

When has he proven to be better for United? Sancho has had like 1 good game for us so far and generally been on par with Greenwood today for the rest of his performances. Greenwood is appreciated by Ralf and is in the team as he’s been the best option available to him. I’d prefer if he was played as a striker, but with Ronaldo here it’s not going to happen.
Neither of Ronaldo nor Greenwood should be our number 9 next season. A decently aged competent striker is a must in the summer. Can't be relying on 38 year old players and "maybe he'll come good" options anymore.

Litch

I’ve seen a bit of a spark in Mason over the last few games. Whilst there are still issues around decision making, he def working harder and tracking back….

MiracleInMadrid

If he just continues to work as hard as he is right now, everything will come to him. His decision-making will improve the more experienced he gets.

stewm

Can’t help but think the best option would have been a loan to Brighton. They’re desperate for a striker and he would be developed in a well coached, functioning team by one of the top coaches in the country. As it stands he’s mediocre and not living up to his early promise. His attributes in the youth team where that he was completely 2 footed and he played with his head up. Right now he’s treading water, shouldn’t be a starter, but doesn’t have an obvious berth as he needs to be playing. Of course there’s no way we’d loan him to Brighton as we’d expect them to pay his wages.

JordanAir

in the last 2 games he stopped shooting every ball he receives and started doing the defensive work, and in a blink of an eye the team start to dominate games.

he was clearly the problem of the team and I hope he continues like this. even when he plays badly like today, its better than the selfish version of him.

other problem for him is that the other wingers - elanga, rashford and sancho are probably better than him in that position.

PaulRich

needs a bit more in the the locker than the cut inside to hit the low drive inside the near post - thats been sussed out now.

Nordmore

Wasn't a good performance, but none of our starting forwards played well. He is a striker being asked to play on the wing. I would really like to see him play upfront. If Sancho came in to play in the next game, I wouldn't be surprised.
Agreed. I'd like to see that too.

He was a bit weak last season to play as a #9. But he's become much stronger and press resistant this season. In fact he was the only forward who didn't lose the ball a single time in the first half yesterday. And he lost it like twice during the whole match. It's very very difficult to nick the ball off him now.

He also had the most successful dribbles (4/5 attempts) in the last match, second best was Bruno and Elange (both 1/1). His passing has been pretty consistent and actually already at a very good level for a forward. Teams know he's very dangerous and would punish them if let alone that's why you often see him surrounding by 3 opponent players whenever he's near the ball.

His best period this season was when he's playing as our #9 in August. When he won our Player of the month and was nominated in the PL Player of the month but only lost to Antonio who scored like 4 goals in 3 matches that month.

Tbh I don't recall him being that selfish prior to this season. Maybe he's been trying too hard to score to have some claim on the #9.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Can’t help but think the best option would have been a loan to Brighton. They’re desperate for a striker and he would be developed in a well coached, functioning team by one of the top coaches in the country. As it stands he’s mediocre and not living up to his early promise. His attributes in the youth team where that he was completely 2 footed and he played with his head up. Right now he’s treading water, shouldn’t be a starter, but doesn’t have an obvious berth as he needs to be playing. Of course there’s no way we’d loan him to Brighton as we’d expect them to pay his wages.
I'll never understand obsession with this loan deals. It's not like we are talking about youth player or fringe player. He is first choice player, playing regularly. He was our best attacker in many games. He just needs some fine tuning which he will get with more experience.

Foxbatt

I think it has been a mindset from the time of Ole of either shooting or not passing quickly enough. Our defence and midfield seems to get it right most of the time but not the forwards yet.

NK86

I'll never understand obsession with this loan deals. It's not like we are talking about youth player or fringe player. He is first choice player, playing regularly. He was our best attacker in many games. He just needs some fine tuning which he will get with more experience.
I am amused how people think loaning Greenwood this season was ever going to be an option. You don't loan players of his calibre when they have shown their ability for the first team for more than a year.

Having said that, he seems to be favouring his left more than his right now. A couple of chances last night where I feel he would have belted it with his right earlier but instead he is now choosing to cut inside first.

He keeps the ball best under pressure among all our forward players and his passing is excellent. Just needs to refocus a bit and he will start firing again.

NK86

It's interesting how the Fergie blueprint for developing forwards has been an utter failure since Fergie left.

In any case pay attention: Greenwood will be at a lower midtable PL club in 5 years. Probably Everton if I had to guess. He isn't going to make it.
I doubt you will be even on this Board to eat humble pie in 5 years when Greenwood will be a top player for us.

Nordmore

I am amused how people think loaning Greenwood this season was ever going to be an option. You don't loan players of his calibre when they have shown their ability for the first team for more than a year.

Having said that, he seems to be favouring his left more than his right now. A couple of chances last night where I feel he would have belted it with his right earlier but instead he is now choosing to cut inside first.

He keeps the ball best under pressure among all our forward players and his passing is excellent. Just needs to refocus a bit and he will start firing again.
Greenwood of old probably shoot with his right first in the counter early in the match. Imo he's been told to not shoot with his instinct like previously but should work the ball to a better position first. That messes up his usual rythm but eventually he'll get it right imo. All players have this period when they're trying to change their playing habits.

Anyway he's too selfish he should have passed to Bruno who was in a much better position. Ralf needs to tell him to be less selfish and think about the team first. He really needs to decide better.

But I've absolutely no worry that Greenwood will be a top scorer for us one day. Very fast, strong, press resistant, good passer, two footed, excellent touch and hell of a finisher. He's already our best forward this season despite being only 20 yo but we've been using him wrong imo. Imagine him in a team like City or Liverpool he'll score shitload of goals I think.

Pickle85

It's interesting how the Fergie blueprint for developing forwards has been an utter failure since Fergie left.

In any case pay attention: Greenwood will be at a lower midtable PL club in 5 years. Probably Everton if I had to guess. He isn't going to make it.
That was definitely not worth paying attention for.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Yeah, answer for any problem is loaning out player.

stoinz

I thought he improved loads in recent games, sure the goals have dried up but he is now doing so much more than before. I think Rangnick certainly rates him highly and the only reason he is not playing more centrally is due to his physicality. There were 3-4 times last night that he was back defending, cutting out passing lanes, making himself available for counter. His close control dribbling has also improved. Decision making is still bad but that is because he is now more involved than when playing under Ole, so these issues got highlighted more. I have high hopes for him.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

:lol: fecking hell

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Bloke on a football forum demanding attention :lol:

sp_107

Better we play him as a No-9 or dont play him at all, He could excel as a striker rather wasting on wings.

The Plump Poet

Supports
Southend United
Bloke on a football forum demanding attention :lol:
This is insane! How has a nothing (albeit entirely correct) comment triggered so many people? Are you all just emotional because your academy has been stagnant for so long and you are DESPERATE for someone to make it?

sp_107

Rashford - Mason --Sancho could do the business if Ralf finds a way to get the best out of them

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
This is insane! How has a nothing (albeit entirely correct) comment triggered so many people? Are you all just emotional because your academy has been stagnant for so long and you are DESPERATE for someone to make it?
:lol: I'm not triggered I laughing at your strange language

Asking others to PAY ATTENTION is most desperate thing I've read on the forum for awhile.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
really getting worried about the lack of his right foot these days. He used to be so comfortable on both feet but he seems to ignore his right now even if it’s the better option.

I wonder why this is? not practicing as much anymore? confidence? coaching?

Marwood

It's not really his fault but he that classic centre forward mentality. It's all about goals. Which is great when you're a centre forward. Not so good when you're a right winger. You need the opposite approach.

Nordmore

Rashford - Mason --Sancho could do the business if Ralf finds a way to get the best out of them
Imo it was his plan when he said Mane, Firmino, Salah were not natural ball winner but it was the job of coaching made them such.

So far he's managed those three pretty well I think. We also have Elanga who works really hard comming through.

If those players are willing to listen to Ralf and work really hard, which Greenwood, Elanga and to some extent Rashford have been showing lately we'll be able to have one of the most promising and deadly front three in Europe imo.

They surely have a lot of talent. I'd say those three are already among the best under 25 forwards in the world atm. You can't name many under 25 who are better than them. With enough commitment, right attitude and some good coaching they definitely would excel I think.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
really getting worried about the lack of his right foot these days. He used to be so comfortable on both feet but he seems to ignore his right now even if it’s the better option.

I wonder why this is? not practicing as much anymore? confidence? coaching?
I thought it was to do with losing confidence in his right foot but then on the left he started coming in on his right! He just doesn’t seem to want to go on the outside - which is annoying because the defenders are completely wise to him now and massively overcompensate that he’s going to cut in - they leave him loads of space.

Anyway the stick he’s getting in here is fecking ludicrous. I’m assuming it’s some weird correlation between Ronaldo fanboyism and blaming everyone else for his shite performances (granted he was good yesterday - praise the fecking Lord) and the fetish many on here have of slagging everything United and British off. Fletcher, Carrick, Rashford, Greenwood, Maguire - it’s fecking tedious. He’s 20 years old for fecks sake. He’s not the saviour and nor should he be. He’s developing and anyone who can’t see his all round link up play and dribbling away from the box is improving immensely is a fecking moron.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
@Mickeza

I don’t think he deserves being slaughtered, but it’s a clear regression in his game which is legitimate concern.

While he’s improved in some areas his shooting has definitely regressed for some reason.

Anyway yes still young, might just be having 1 of those seasons.

UncleBob

Feels like he has all the ability in the world just doesn't really know how to use it. He knows he's good at cutting in so just keeps doing it.
He's scored one goal from cutting in so far this season, hasn't he? Leicester.

Status
Not open for further replies.