5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smores

He's scored one goal from cutting in so far this season, hasn't he? Leicester.
Sounds about right but that's largely because teams make sure to put two bodies in the space into which he shoots.

I worry for him as I'd have thought he'd have learned from Cavani and yet you couldn't really point to any development.

Depending on whether we see his long term future out wide or up front we just need to get him to focus on other methods of attack for a while. It's important he becomes well rounded and we avoid a Rashford situation where he's maybe effective at times but limited.

Lost bear

Poor these last couple of games. Needs benching.

I don't like how we've developed Rashy and him. They're not wingers and they're not CFs either.

We really need a coach that can improve all these young talents we have. Preferably a bald one.
Ah, the return of the bald theme….

criticalanalysis

He gets into good positions, has the right footwork for the space but then he just snatches for a poorly executed shot that is often more about power than placement.

I'm really surprised no one from the coaches has caught onto this and told him to start aiming for the far post because that's where his body position is usually better for.

If he can add that to his game then we start talking about RVP comparisons.

SAF is the GOAT

He really needs to develop more to his game than just coming from the right end side and shoot the ball in first touch.

Besides the goal against Astana in OT where he managed to twist and turn and feint the defender, I never seen him try to use and take advantage of the option that he's two footed.

He always tries to do the general step overs and shoot.

He's way easy on himself and we all know that he's much better than this.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Don’t see him becoming a top player unless he drastically adds more to his game in the next year.

Greck

Rashford - Mason --Sancho could do the business if Ralf finds a way to get the best out of them
all that solves is our dumbest frontline possible. Won't till Greenwood and Rashford learn how to be on the starting end of attacks or even just add some creativity in how they use teammates to fashion chances for themselves. RR on the goal said we finally started to pass instead of just 'shooting from wherever' so his eyes are actually open to that problem.

Hopefully a coach can improve their tactical play as you said but as of right now they play like situational scorers and shouldn't start till they learn to use their talents.

Last edited:

Canucantona20

Greenwood is still very young. Only 20 years old, so growing pains are there. One thing I’m noticing is that he doesn’t trust his right foot anymore like he used too. He used to plane able to fake defenders but now just cuts in to his left foot.

Foxbatt

Greenwood is still very young. Only 20 years old, so growing pains are there. One thing I’m noticing is that he doesn’t trust his right foot anymore like he used too. He used to plane able to fake defenders but now just cuts in to his left foot.
Yes and maybe he needs to play on the left a little bit?

Stgun

Clearly by far the most talented player in the squad while playing out of position. Get him a Ten Haag type figure to coach him further and play him in his proper position and he honestly has the talent to be among the best players this club has ever produced.
Talent alone without footballing brain is equal to bang-average footballer , beside he is just a 1/4 the talent of Arjen Robben had and 1/2 of Young Theo Walcott , people who overrate him here are bound to be disappointed like they felt to Rashford now. Absolutely selfish and predictable in attacking phase , i mean even my nan would know what is he going to do if he keeps doing it , he is also useless when we need to defend, our right fullback keep getting doubled up because he did nothing to help , at least Dan James track back and defend even if he doesn't have talent. Basically no point having him on the pitch if he doesn't score. I blame OGS for this development, his no-coaching freestyle football encourage him to just keep on shooting in final third no matter what, it reminds me of my little 5 years old cousin when he played FIFA. He needs to start playing for the team instead of himself. Pass to a teammates in better position is a basic football , if it was him instead of Ronaldo in the last moment , we don't win the game because he might end up getting tackled, if it was him instead of Martial, we don't win the game cause there is no chance he would pass to Cavani, if it was him instead of Cavani , we probably still don't win the game because he might have missed after trying to shoot by himself, the only way to win is if he was at Rashford position to tap in but so does 90% of Redcafe member who at least can run. Continue being like this , he is going to end up at club like Aston Villa or Watford in the future.

Last edited:

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I think he lacks maturity and he has been very selfish in front of goals this season, but his goalscoring stats (6 goals in 24 games, avg 0.25 goals per game) is not justifying it. Maybe he should change his approach abit when in front of goals, or at least add more variety in play.

Last edited:

Kopral Jono

If you're a young footballer like Greenwood you absorb new information like a sponge. At this point, given the evidence on the pitch, it's quite obvious that our incompetent previous manager told him to have a pop at goal whenever possible and this has slowly ingrained into his subconscious. This is now up to the new coaching team to rectify this before it's too late.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Isnt Sancho a RW? So why don't we play him on the left and greenwood on the right?

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
If Greenwood plays for United again we will open this thread up for comment on his footballing performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.