Position: Forward - Centre-Forward/Right Winger
Player Agent: Andrew Greenwood (Father)
Squad Number: #11
Contract until: Jun 30, 2025
Contract option: club option 1 year
Date of last contract extension: Feb 16, 2021

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Finishing strong, last season. I hope Greendwood and Sancho start strongly, to make either swim or sink for Rashford.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Seems like a confidence player, I know everyone is to an extent, but more than most for Mason. A strong start is important as I can see it effecting his whole season. He did well to find form after the new year last season. Would love to see him bag a goal
Opening day.

romufc

Seems like a confidence player, I know everyone is to an extent, but more than most for Mason. A strong start is important as I can see it effecting his whole season. He did well to find form after the new year last season. Would love to see him bag a goal
Opening day.
I think him not being part of the England squad will help him this summer.

He has had time to get his body ready and really take the next step this season.

I hope we see a big season from him.

Pickle85

I think he's going to have a really good season. Compared to a lot of them he'll be well rested and will hopefully come out of the blocks quickly. A strong start will do wonders for his confidence.

Mike Phelan's Former Tash

I hope he stays away from any early England squads, last season he was hung out to dry by Southgate and it clearly affected his form early in the season.

We already have to re-focus Sancho and Rashford because of their England experience.

MUFC OK

Hopefully it’s year on year improvement for him. Would hate to see him plateau at 21, even though he’s already a very good player.

He can be as good as he wants to be.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Not surprised he didn't score, doesn't play like a striker.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
His game had been awesome. Often think he's just a final third player but his general play has been great tonight. Looks like a leader on the pitch with his urgency and composure.

criticalanalysis

All round play again generally very good. Slightly worrying that we don't see him more in the box.

Elanga scored the goal and started centrally so you can't argue against Ole's decision to play him there seeing his obvious talent but I'd like see to Greenwood there.

Perhaps Ole is already planning Greenwood to start centrally ahead of Cavani with Sancho/Rashford/Martial flanking?

Denis79

Gem of a player. Going to be very exciting watching him this season.

thundercats

Think he will eventually lose his place this season. Can’t see him getting ahead of either rashford cavani or sancho. it is a very important season for him and for his utd career.

mancsarered

Think he will eventually lose his place this season. Can’t see him getting ahead of either rashford cavani or sancho. it is a very important season for him and for his utd career.
He's 19 years old, and our 2nd best striker behind a 34 year old who will be leaving after this season. I think the lad will be here for a while...

thundercats

@mancsarered
Still a vital season, he is at utd, many players started brightly only to fade away. If the board decided to buy a new striker next season then it spells bad news for Greenwood. In my opinion he now already lost his right winger spot to sancho.
surely he will get games but if cavani is better ( and he is better) then I doubt Greenwood will play when the very important matches come up.

another example Vinicius at Real, cracking talent, played a lot but then they bought Hazard and now they might buy Mbappe. You know how that will end if it happens…

SoCross

He’s good enough to compete for the RW spot. Will get plenty of games there as well as at CF.

lex talionis

Greenwood -- do we have a nickname for him yet? -- as a fantastic young player but I'd like to see him develop a shot on the first touch. He loves his dribbling game and it's impressive but if he wants to go from good to great he needs a first time strike in the box in his locker.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
@mancsarered
Still a vital season, he is at utd, many players started brightly only to fade away. If the board decided to buy a new striker next season then it spells bad news for Greenwood. In my opinion he now already lost his right winger spot to sancho.
surely he will get games but if cavani is better ( and he is better) then I doubt Greenwood will play when the very important matches come up.

another example Vinicius at Real, cracking talent, played a lot but then they bought Hazard and now they might buy Mbappe. You know how that will end if it happens…
Greenwood is much better than Vinicius. He is productive and efficient rather than wasteful and indecisive.

TsuWave

@mancsarered

Greenwood is looked at as pretty much the future of the club. It’s quite impressive that he has played as many games and has had the output he has. He’ll be just fine

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
He played well yesterday, the only reason anyone would say otherwise Is because he didn’t score. I wouldn’t be worried about him anyway because I think ultimately he’s operating with a higher degree of talent than Rashford. If he works hard he will be the better player when it all comes together.

Real Name

He's suited better to striker position anyway, will be a good backup for Cavani and will get plenty of games. Near the end of last season he lifted his form up and hopefully he'll continue where he finished form wise.

We need depth in forward position, he's young and he'll get his chances, as long as his game develops we're good.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I wouldn’t mind seeing him trialled in Bruno’s position as a rotation option. I think he has the ability to play the role well, taking the ball on the half turn and finding a pass or a shot.

——————-Greenwood———————
Sancho———-Cavani——-—Rashford

That looks pretty good on paper.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Getting a bit worried that his right foot seems to be used less and less. I don't know why that is as his 2 footed ability was one of the key reasons he was extra special.

His link up play has always been decent but he's showing it more often now outside of the box - I just hope he doesn't lose the finishing ability that made everybody stand up and take notice.

SoCross

Greenwood -- do we have a nickname for him yet? -- as a fantastic young player but I'd like to see him develop a shot on the first touch. He loves his dribbling game and it's impressive but if he wants to go from good to great he needs a first time strike in the box in his locker.
Daddy :drool:

As for shot on first touch, he already shoots with such little backlift, catches keepers out. Hard to score from a first touch when he's playing on the wing but I'm sure when he moves central, that's one area he will work on.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Have a feeling Rashford will miss a considerable portion of the season.
I don't agree with people saying he's a CF. Imo, that a position he will play much later in his career.

Have a feeling Rashford will miss a considerable portion of the season.
I don't agree with people saying he's a CF. Imo, that a position he will play much later in his career.
That was our hope for him though. We dont need yet another wide forward, we do desperately need a CF and Greenwood was talked about as being that guy. He was good last night but i'd like to see him trying to play as a 9 instead of dropping back or going wide.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
That was our hope for him though. We dont need yet another wide forward, we do desperately need a CF and Greenwood was talked about as being that guy. He was good last night but i'd like to see him trying to play as a 9 instead of dropping back or going wide.
Our hope might not be where his talents are best utilised. Would be unfair to him try and force him to be a CF.

Hughes35

Still really interested to see how he develops as a player. Clearly a lot of talent there but he still needs to improve to become a top player.

He has a lot of opportunity to get in the first 11. Most of the forward players can play in multiple positions so all places are up for grabs if he plays well.

El Jefe

This kid really has it all to be a dominant forward in this league for a long time. He just needs to keep improving and learning how to effectively position himself to use his best asset which is finishing.

I don't know when, but there will be a season where it all clicks for Greenwood and that will be a scary sight for the PL. He has such a well rounded game and the more he plays you see his ability to create plays and bring people into the game show more and more. If he reaches his potential we have a Raul/RVP type on our hands.

Our hope might not be where his talents are best utilised. Would be unfair to him try and force him to be a CF.
True but everybody including the club had him down as a centre forward early on.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Only caught the first half, but thought he was the best player on the pitch along with Matic. His touches, his link up play, his decision making in tight areas, I mean, that first half was the most van Persie I've seen him in a United shirt yet.

mav_9me

Only caught the first half, but thought he was the best player on the pitch along with Matic. His touches, his link up play, his decision making in tight areas, I mean, that first half was the most van Persie I've seen him in a United shirt yet.
Agreed thought he had a great 1st half.

Status
Not open for further replies.