Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Very mature well rounded player. Dont think we get him in dangerous positions as much as we should but is undroppable.

Bobski

Excellent first half, then faded. He may suffer a little in the short term with so much of the team attack based around finding Ronaldo but if he continues to develop his build up and creativity for others then we will have one of the best in the league for the next 10 years.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Forget the goals, he's so good at football

His touch is 99% of the time absolutely perfect

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Yeh he was immense first half. I do think we still need to get him into better positions more often because he’s still our best finisher. The other issue he will find is that with our attacking options he won’t get more than 60/70 minutes every game which is a shame because he’s always capable of grabbing something out of nothing.

Reddevil1978

Looked class today, never seems to give the ball away or panic under pressure, can pass too.

OverratedOpinion

In the past I thought his performances would get overrated because he was young and scoring goals after being a phenom in the youth teams.

I now think the performances match the goals and he is one of the best-attacking players in the country.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
I couldn't understand why he was substituted. Hopefully it's not a niggle and just tiredness. Because he was our best player today.

Absolutely wonderful footballer.

Valencia Shin Crosses

In the past I thought his performances would get overrated because he was young and scoring goals after being a phenom in the youth teams.

I now think the performances match the goals and he is one of the best-attacking players in the country.
Yeah honestly Greenwood’s improvement is one of the best kept secrets in football imo. He’s miles more than just a goal scoring teenager at this point.

Devil may care

Ran with the ball well and he made good runs that Bruno just didn't quite pick out, not helped by the lack of creative support from AWB.

Sylar

Felt like he was the only one who would score apart from Ronaldo
He looks class and has to start

His footwork is great and getting better.

EtH

So bloody good and so lovely to watch.

Was livid he was substituted so early after not playing midweek. But then can’t argue with the result.

The United

So bloody good and so lovely to watch.

Was livid he was substituted so early after not playing midweek. But then can’t argue with the result.
Think he will lead the line on Wednesday. I am not sure Cavani is coming back yet.

Abraxas

He was outstanding in the first half. Really polished performance. Linked play so well.

He did fade in this game quite markedly, it was no surprise Ole decided to freshen things up starting with him.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I hate how he’s first on the chopping block for attacking subs.

Abraxas

I hate how he’s first on the chopping block for attacking subs.
But it was logical right?

You are always going to keep Ronaldo on chasing a goal and Greenwood had gone absent. It was pretty natural to freshen up both sides by taking him and Pogba off.

laughtersassassin

Thought he was our best player today.

Unlucky to be subbed off really as we could have out Pogba into Midfield.

But we won so that's all that matters

laughtersassassin

But it was logical right?

You are always going to keep Ronaldo on chasing a goal and Greenwood had gone absent. It was pretty natural to freshen up both sides by taking him and Pogba off.
Perhaps. I'd argue the best decision would be Pogba into Midfield and really go for the win.

Today what Ole did worked but sometimes we will need to be more ambitious in my opinion.

Andersons Dietician

He was fantastic today. Was really getting involved in the game and seemed to be popping up everywhere. If he keeps playing to this level Sancho, martial, Rashford going to have a fight on their hands to get in ahead of him.

Criminal almost Ronaldo didn’t roll the ball across to him although I think Ronaldo was offside for that one where he did the chop.

kiristao

Was the best player in the first half. Seems to also have developed a sort of understanding with Ronaldo.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain

I'm with you on this one, his all-around game was not where it is today. He is definitely showing the potential to be a great player and it's nice that the RWF spot is his to lose at the moment.

EtH

Oh and add Giggsesque slide tackling to this kid’s locker as well. Some challenge to snuff out a dangerous West Ham counter in the second half.

Brightonian

If he was anything less than the potential future World XI forward that he is, Ronaldo and Sancho coming in probably would have been bad for him. But look at him; two of the best attackers in world football show up and he's risen to the challenge the way Luke Shaw rose to the challenge of Alex fecking Telles.

He'll be getting 70 minutes a lot of the time now. And too much of the play will inevitably centre around Ronaldo. And the challenge will just force him to keep getting better.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Felt like he was the only one who would score apart from Ronaldo
He looks class and has to start

His footwork is great and getting better.
His understanding of the game (positioning, pass, timing to hold or not) is superb, just way beyond his age.

Dante

Average bang
The biggest compliment I can give him is that on my fuzzy stream today, I couldn't tell if it was Greenwood or Ronaldo on the ball at times.

Kaizane

Ironically more assured and mature on the ball than the majority of his senior team mates but feel he needs to start being more assertive with them, he should've been screaming at Ronaldo for not squaring the ball to him for an easy tap in.

Goes without saying that he's a special rare talent and if he wants to, he can go to the very top.

pascell

One of my favourite United players at the moment. He's the only one yesterday in the first half who attacked with purpose and aggression. He only faded in the 2nd half as we time and time again attacked down our left side, which just takes Greenwood out of the game completely.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

Saw this on twitter and thought it was interesting.

Obviously we know he's an excellent finisher so we would expect him to fare well in that regard but his current exploits are obviously unsustainable.

So as he develops what we'd like to see from him is further movement towards the right of that chart towards Ronaldo and Cavani's direction. Imagining he were to stay at RW, Mo Salah would be a good reference point as they have similar finishing styles in terms of where they tend to take shots from.

Basically as is Greenwood tends to take a lot of low xG shots, so we want to see him develop the knack to get himself into better shooting positions to increase that.

Highfather_24

He keeps getting subbed off, hardly ever plays the 90. Wonder if its a stamina issue, seems unlikely though.

EtH

Obviously we know he's an excellent finisher so we would expect him to fare well in that regard but his current exploits are obviously unsustainable.

So as he develops what we'd like to see from him is further movement towards the right of that chart towards Ronaldo and Cavani's direction. Imagining he were to stay at RW, Mo Salah would be a good reference point as they have similar finishing styles in terms of where they tend to take shots from.

Basically as is Greenwood tends to take a lot of low xG shots, so we want to see him develop the knack to get himself into better shooting positions to increase that.
Yeah would definitely like to see him getting in some better positions. But I’m fairly certain Mason’s technique will see him consistently outperform xG. The dream is to see both happen and just how many goals that translates to.

Nicolarra90

That stat don't take into account that the spin he gives the ball makes it so heavy that a hand reaching the ball to touch it is not enough to take it out.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Yeah would definitely like to see him getting in some better positions. But I’m fairly certain Mason’s technique will see him consistently outperform xG. The dream is to see both happen and just how many goals that translates to.
Yep.

His two-footedness could be a big help. It will make it less effective for teams to push him to his weaker foot (as they try to do with Salah) and should allow him to take shots in positions other players wouldn't be able to.

Though it's no coincidence that the players we would consider the best goalscorers take up roughly the same spot on those charts, middle right. Being a superior finisher is great but the ability to get yourself quality chances is more telling in the long run.

Should be said though, those tables are comparing him to some of the league's best attackers in their prime so you wouldn't expect him to be anywhere near them as a 19 year old anyway.

Womp

idiot
He's just so good. I hope he gets a chance through the middle on occasion this season. I do think that's where his future lies. We could potentially have an all English front 3, Marcus, Mason and Jadon moving forward.

The United

He keeps getting subbed off, hardly ever plays the 90. Wonder if its a stamina issue, seems unlikely though.
Well, have to remember that he is still young. Ronaldo used to get subbed a lot when he was about the same age.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
More likely a mental purpose. Its tough for a 19y.o kid to have the level of concentration required to play at that level week in, week out. This will help with his consistency later on in his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.