5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

steve.crowford

He really seems to have stepped up his dribbling game this season. I remember an early game of his where every time he'd get the ball deep he wouldn't back himself to move it forward. Such a contrast to now where he uses his pace and strength to get it forward.

lex talionis

Greenwood won’t turn in outrageous performances every game, but we can confidently assert that he’s on a superstar track right now. Whether can make having so many quality attacking players work for his development is an open question. Obviously that’s what we all to see.

EtH

No, I was counting the league cup game against West Ham and the game against Villa.
What ?! We looked toothless before he came on in the second half. And he wasn’t selfish in any passage of play in that half of football. In fact he was the complete opposite as I got annoyed at him trying to cross and cut balls back in to Martial who was stood in the box like a scarecrow.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Needs to be benched for the Everton game, Bring him off the bench when the opposition are starting to tire.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Greenwood won’t turn in outrageous performances every game, but we can confidently assert that he’s on a superstar track right now. Whether can make having so many quality attacking players work for his development is an open question. Obviously that’s what we all to see.
There's a boatload of players that looked as skilled as Mason at 20 and ended up having a pretty average career. Sancho had a bundesliga season with 17 goals and 17 assists at age 19, would you be confident he's on a superstar track?

Be careful not to oversell homegrown players, Barcelona has been doing that for a decade and it did not suit them well.

That being said, he looks great and could totally be a superstar.

NoPace

I mean I am not saying Lingard doesn't deserve game time, but to suggest that Lingard will give us more out wide than Greenwood, etc. Have people forgotten Lingard cannot pass creatively, he can't beat a man, his crossing is completely meh, and he has no pace. What he does have is some good basics and decent positional sense. Now he might be useful from a defensive pov, and ghosting into the box, and no doubt he can pick the odd shot off, but people get carried away both positively and negatively on players.
Yeah, if we're going to start Lingard it has to be centrally, so that means either when Bruno rests/is hurt or if we move to a proper Pep style 4-3-3 and then Lingard and Pogba fight it out for the other spot next to Bruno.

Wouldn't shock me at all if Pogba leaves this summer for free and we sign an expensive DM like Rice and just let Lingard and Van De Beek and McTominay compete for the spot next to Bruno next year.

The United

Not sure what this is about.

I was saying he seems to like Cavani more than Ronaldo. Not that I blame him for that.

Just that there is no chemistry between him and Ronaldo which will give us issues up front.

Bondi77

I reckon he will get a couple against the toffees.
The young man is progressing well and is no greedier than any other forward playing the game and he is a better finisher than most.

lex talionis

There's a boatload of players that looked as skilled as Mason at 20 and ended up having a pretty average career. Sancho had a bundesliga season with 17 goals and 17 assists at age 19, would you be confident he's on a superstar track?

Be careful not to oversell homegrown players, Barcelona has been doing that for a decade and it did not suit them well.

That being said, he looks great and could totally be a superstar.
It could definitely go wrong for Mason, but it could go so right. I hate to read some of the comments here about him being so greedy.

TsuWave

Not sure what this is about.

I was saying he seems to like Cavani more than Ronaldo. Not that I blame him for that.

Just that there is no chemistry between him and Ronaldo which will give us issues up front.
I just laugh at any “body language” analysis, nothing personal. It’s like a caf meme

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
It could definitely go wrong for Mason, but it could go so right. I hate to read some of the comments here about him being so greedy.
Fingers crossed for him and United but the step between young (very) promising talent and superstar is higher that we think. Players like Haaland, Mbappé blurred the line a bit but for 1 Haaland you have 10 Jovic, Gotze, Nick Powell, Nastasic, Ben Arfa, Wishere, Walcott..

Strelok

Needs to be benched for the Everton game, Bring him off the bench when the opposition are starting to tire.
Whaaat, he's been our best and most threatening attacking player so far and you want to bench him? And because?

Tomics

Just me or he didn't seem to get along too well with Ronaldo on the pitch?

His body language seems totally different with Cavani.
I came here to type this! It's not just you. I have been thinking the same thing. I don't think he likes playing with Ronaldo

tenpoless

His body language seems totally different with Cavani.
Different nationality speaks different body language. This is often overlooked. For example when you're in italy you can talk calmly but with your hands flapping around like you're a helicopter and people will see it as normal but when you do it in other places they'll probably think you're mental.

Wilt

I came here to type this! It's not just you. I have been thinking the same thing.
I don't think he likes playing with Ronaldo
Why do you think he doesn’t like playing with Ronaldo?

Sylar

Thought he had a better first half than second. Thought he worked better with Cavani on the pitch as opposed to Ronaldo (seems like thats been the case overall this season)

Nick7

Fabulous ball for the goal, and very good overall first half. Needs to sharpen up defensively though. At one point Everton had the ball out on our right and he refused to close down the Everton player who then had all the time in the world to put in a free cross. Didn't end up as a good chance, but he should be closing down and putting pressure on the opposition in moments like that.

Devil may care

Some good runs and passed it well, he's such a class all round footballer, played a big part in our goal.

Strelok

Imo one thing people hasn't noticed that he's probably the only player at United currently can keep the ball while surrounded by 3,4 players then still find a way to get out or make use of that ball with a real purpose. All the rest will very likely have to pass back in that situation. Imo he's developing into a world class player.

Too footed, got pace, pretty strong, quick, good dribbler, good techniques, good passer, good football brain, terrifying finisher. Only weak point is his heading. What a player tbh.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
I feel like Ole has just replaced Rashford with him. He is still a very young player and as talented as he is shouldn't be a starter all the time. He's played 90 minutes in almost all the league games and only rested for the Young Boys game so far. With a tough run coming up and Rashford still not back, I hope he is treated with care.

acnumber9

We don’t score at all without that great pass he plays in to Bruno. Anything good we did today involved Greenwood. He tires badly in games though. He needs to work on his stamina if he’s going to play in that position long term.

Jev

We don’t score at all without that great pass he plays in to Bruno. Anything good we did today involved Greenwood. He tires badly in games though. He needs to work on his stamina if he’s going to play in that position long term.
Maybe we should rest him a bit more too. We have the players to do it and it's clear he tires as games tail off. Maybe it's more an issue of lasting 90 minutes than a cumulation of games, though.

That said, what a player he's going to be.

acnumber9

Maybe we should rest him a bit more too. We have the players to do it and it's clear he tires as games tail off. Maybe it's more an issue of lasting 90 minutes than a cumulation of games, though.

That said, what a player he's going to be.
I think it’s lasting 90 minutes. I get why Ole leaves him on though. He always has a bit of magic in him. Same as Rashford.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Anyway, he’s got it all. Good vision, awareness. Good decision making. Good passing. Obviously he’s a killer inside the box.

And that cross across the 6 yard line was tantalising. If Ronaldo’s on the pitch that’s a beautiful assist.

He’s going to a be a superstar.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
one word, bench.
Until he learn the word, team.
:lol: What is this rubbish? He was brilliant in the first half and faded in the second half. Our best attacker once again which he has been a fair few times this season.

For some reason he's been getting grief this season. Probably the result of that one time he didn't pass to Ronaldo upsetting his fanbois.

Jev

I think it’s lasting 90 minutes. I get why Ole leaves him on though. He always has a bit of magic in him. Same as Rashford.
I think it's a problem that we sometimes indulge too many players because "they have that magic moment in them". Ronaldo, Bruno, Greenwood and Pogba are all capable of producing that moment of magic even when they're at their worst. But sometimes it's better to have someone on who just doesn't lose the ball all the time. It's definitely a recurrent theme that we lose control and coherence once Bruno and Mason tires.

acnumber9

I think it's a problem that we sometimes indulge too many players because "they have that magic moment in them". Ronaldo, Bruno, Greenwood and Pogba are all capable of producing that moment of magic even when they're at their worst. But sometimes it's better to have someone on who just doesn't lose the ball all the time. It's definitely a recurrent theme that we lose control and coherence once Bruno and Mason tires.
You’re probably right. And with signing players like Sancho, Ronaldo etc should give us the option to pick and choose more. With Rashford to come back we have even more options so hopefully the management of that will improve.

degea1999

Something wrong is in his head whenever he shares the same pitch with ronaldo

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
:lol: What is this rubbish? He was brilliant in the first half and faded in the second half. Our best attacker once again which he has been a fair few times this season.

For some reason he's been getting grief this season. Probably the result of that one time he didn't pass to Ronaldo upsetting his fanbois.
I’ve never seen anything like it. Greenwood was brilliant today and by far our best player in the first half. Too many fans let the end result cloud their rational thinking.

snk123

Anyway, he’s got it all. Good vision, awareness. Good decision making. Good passing. Obviously he’s a killer inside the box.

And that cross across the 6 yard line was tantalising. If Ronaldo’s on the pitch that’s a beautiful assist.

He’s going to a be a superstar.
No. That might come though he's still young. He was considerably less selfish today which was good to see as well.

EtH

Now it all makes sense.

Anyway he was quality again today. Some really lovely interplay and footwork and a key pass to set up the goal. Anyone saying otherwise can do one.

Hopefully will be back on the scoresheet soon as his overall play has deserved more lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.