Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Nice to see a bit of support from Denis Law :rolleyes::lol:
Not being funny but how is Denis Law voting for Mendes, the PSG left back who's had 1 good season at Sporting before it?

something sounds very fishy to me, or he's just picked a few random names out of a hat. Weird.

Idxomer

Not being funny but how is Denis Law voting for Mendes, the PSG left back who's had 1 good season at Sporting before it?

something sounds very fishy to me, or he's just picked a few random names out of a hat. Weird.
Probably someone else picked them for him, same for most of the others.

reddev3

it's only Real Madrid players that picked him off that list which is a weird coincidence. Ronaldo, Modric, Zindane, Kaka and Cannavaro

Remember the geese

Yeah, I can't imagine that Law is an avid follower of the Portuguese league.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Yeah, I can't imagine that Law is an avid follower of the Portuguese league.
Probably someone else picked them for him, same for most of the others.
I'd like to bet that was the way it is.

Probably votes to the highest bidder (god love you Denis)

At least Pedri I can understand as they could have seen him doing well in the Euro's.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I'd like to see Greenwood play on the left at some point and hopefully actually get to the byline and put in a cross occasionally. Making himself less predictable in whether he comes inside or not from the wing and improving his defensive awareness have to be his 2 key areas to work on this year.

united for life

Mason should start today - hope so at least! He deserves to start instead of Marcus who is underperforming. Mason had a relatively good start of the season and should be given more opportunities this season

DickDastardly

Did his part.

Liked the cameo role today. Didn't needlesly shoot too often, kept it composed.

He's a nimble little player and opposition players are scared to tackle him.

Needs to play more. Hopefully a good 90 minutes against YB.

lawliet354

Changed the game, much calmer on the ball making us keep possession better after scrappy start of the second half. Many times he's under pressure and still manages to make good passes to the midfield

That assist shows how good his vision and composure is

BorisManUtd

I hated when, a minute or two towards the end of the game, he tried to get past some Palace player instead of passing if to Elanga or whoever was on his right, which resulted in him losing the ball and Palace taking the ball and going forward into attack. Thankfully, they didn't score or created anything significant but I wanted to kill him there :lol:

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Played a couple of brilliant passes. One after taking the ball in our defensive corner.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He tries to do all by himself. I was screaming when he lost the ball in the last minute , after trying to take 2 defenders. Just give it first time and make it simple ffs.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Made impact. Mission accomplished.

Doing exactly what needed especially now should mean more next season about being part of the team... and some players could have rude awakening which honestly hoping for if things won't get better.

Walters_19_MuFc

Interesting that he came on as a right attacking midfielder, as opposed to a forward.

I personally feel that's where his future lies, and whilst Ronaldo is here, we need someone up top who will compliment him, which is someone who will stretch play and press off the ball. Mason is the polar opposite, hence why, for now, I can see most of his games being playing in that RAM position.

As for his performance, I felt he did well. His link up play and ability to work in tight spaces is good. Will need to sort his work off the ball if he wants to feature more, though.

Hopefully he gets a start against Young Boys.

bond19821982

If he was trying to do it all himself he'd have tried to get a shot away there
Mate, I'm in no mood to argue but he has been playing for self for some time. I didn't see anything different today either. He was better than Rashford for sure but that doesn't say anything.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Mate, I'm in no mood to argue but he has been playing for self for some time. I didn't see anything different today either. He was better than Rashford for sure but that doesn't say anything.
That’s an absolute joke of an opinion and sorry and it’s so clearly based on your own prejudged opinions than reality. Greenwood came on the pitch and picked the right option and right pass pretty much every single time including the assist. That one at the end was the only (and I mean only) wrong decision he made and even then if he had beaten that man we were completely in. You have to stop letting your own prejudice cloud your mind.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Think you've a bit of confirmation bias going on then because his cameo today in isolation was good. His link up play was good, he set up a goal, and he lost the ball once from holding onto it too long which seems to be the main memory you've taken from the game for whatever reason

bond19821982

That’s an absolute joke of an opinion and sorry and it’s so clearly based on your own prejudged opinions than reality. Greenwood came on the pitch and picked the right option and right pass pretty much every single time including the assist. That one at the end was the only (and I mean only) wrong decision he made and even then if he had beaten that man we were completely in. You have to stop letting your own prejudice cloud your mind.
And it could have cost us in the last minute. Yes, I'm prejudiced and it's the players responsibility to prove it otherwise. Happy to stand corrected when he gets better. But for now, I'm not changing my mind based on 15 min cameo.

bond19821982

Think you've a bit of confirmation bias going on then because his cameo today in isolation was good. His link up play was good, he set up a goal, and he lost the ball once from holding onto it too long which seems to be the main memory you've taken from the game for whatever reason
Fair enough and I don't disagree. Guess, I will have to see more of this , before I can change my mind.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Fair enough and I don't disagree. Guess, I will have to see more of this , before I can change my mind.
I get your general frustrations too. He can be a bit greedy certainly but his main strength is clearly his shooting from low xG positions. When it comes off its wonderful, when it doesn't its frustrating. I want his movement to improve so he can be on the end of tap ins more instead but thought it was a mature display today from a deeper position

criticalanalysis

The point people are making though is that you need to hold your bias and judge as impartially as you can.

By most metrics and from what we've seen lately, Greenwood's performance was exactly what we needed today. Yes he was a bit selfish and tried too much in 2-3 situations but the other 10-15, he played simple and progressively.

saivet

Good to see him back. Hopefully gets a start against Young Boys midweek.

I think he will be better suited to playing in the front two rather than one of the 10s but interested to see what Ralf does.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I liked what I saw from Mason today. The Arjen Robben tribute act can grate. However, his feet and ability to commit opponents helped us a lot in the closing stages. Not just in the build up to the goal. I hope that this is the first flicker of a return to form from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.