Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
These lists are ridiculous but make some sense, why Greenwood is above Sancho I don't know.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
These lists are ridiculous but make some sense, why Greenwood is above Sancho I don't know.
Strikers/Forwards are seen as more valuable, also he is younger which seems to add more to your value too.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Strikers/Forwards are seen as more valuable, also he is younger which seems to add more to your value too.
Only that he has a shorter contract than Sancho, far less output and also less international games. I don't think that 1.5 year age difference makes up for it.

Foxbatt

I hated when, a minute or two towards the end of the game, he tried to get past some Palace player instead of passing if to Elanga or whoever was on his right, which resulted in him losing the ball and Palace taking the ball and going forward into attack. Thankfully, they didn't score or created anything significant but I wanted to kill him there :lol:
This is a point many people ignore. He does this a lot. Tries to do everything on his own. When he passes to team mates good things happen. RR will straighten him out.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
This is a point many people ignore. He does this a lot. Tries to do everything on his own. When he passes to team mates good things happen. RR will straighten him out.
He loses possession less than every one of our attackers so that’s clearly not true. If some posters had it their way we would never see Greenwood dribble or shoot again, this thread is beyond strange this season.

RUCK4444

He loses possession less than every one of our attackers so that’s clearly not true. If some posters had it their way we would never see Greenwood dribble or shoot again, this thread is beyond strange this season.
Yeah I like to see him give and go, he does this most games in spells, plays it inside and makes a decent run in behind defenders, we need to link better in moves like that, particularly him and Sancho.

Pulls defences out of position. Basically exactly what Martial should be doing but doesn’t. Ever.

captaincantona

Couldn’t agree more. Greenwood has the ability and instinct to win games. Ronny was the most frustrating player at that age and certainly didn’t have the control, movement or finishing ability of Greenwood at 20. Ferguson encouraged him to be brave and trust himself- lose it, get it back, go again. Greenwood may not have a ceiling even close to Ronnys but he needs to be encouraged to play to his strengths and the maturity side of things will come with being chastised by his team mates as much as Rangnick.

The boy is special.

BorisManUtd

He should dribble and shoot often, but in a situation where you have a 1-0 lead in 94th minute and want to keep it that way, just be wise for the sake of your team and don't take any risks. I remember back in February Tuanzebe making a stupid foul and then Everton scoring from that free kick.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I'm slightly confused by the idea he played well yesterday. He was passable, better than Ronaldo but that wasn't saying much as Ronnie had a really off day. 6/10 at best though, same as the rest of our forwards really. We didn't create all that much and the forwards were wasteful when we did.

TrustInJanuzaj

I'm slightly confused by the idea he played well yesterday. He was passable, better than Ronaldo but that wasn't saying much as Ronnie had a really off day. 6/10 at best though, same as the rest of our forwards really. We didn't create all that much and the forwards were wasteful when we did.
Well he only misplayed one pass for a start. Was far better than our other forwards when he came on. Watch his highlights he even did some great defensive work before then releasing good passes afterwards. Rashford in comparison was ridiculously wasteful as was Bruno. Sancho in the second half also couldn’t get his passes right. Think you need to watch again.

TrustInJanuzaj

He should dribble and shoot often, but in a situation where you have a 1-0 lead in 94th minute and want to keep it that way, just be wise for the sake of your team and don't take any risks. I remember back in February Tuanzebe making a stupid foul and then Everton scoring from that free kick.
Not for me. He should be brave and positive at all times. If he gets passed that player it’s likely 2-0 and Christ if you cant take a risk in the opposition corner then where can you. He made the difference yesterday but that you’d know it on here.

TwoSheds

Well he only misplayed one pass for a start. Was far better than our other forwards when he came on. Watch his highlights he even did some great defensive work before then releasing good passes afterwards. Rashford in comparison was ridiculously wasteful as was Bruno. Sancho in the second half also couldn’t get his passes right. Think you need to watch again.
A few decent passes is kind of the least I expect of a Man Utd forward...creating or scoring chances is the level really.

TrustInJanuzaj

A few decent passes is kind of the least I expect of a Man Utd forward...creating or scoring chances is the level really.
Which he did with his assist. I don’t get how you can say he did the same as our other forwards when none of the others managed to look as composed and assured on the ball as Greenwood. I agree it should be the minimum expectation but Greenwood showed yet again he’s a class above Rashford with his vision, passing and hold up play.

TwoSheds

Which he did with his assist. I don’t get how you can say he did the same as our other forwards when none of the others managed to look as composed and assured on the ball as Greenwood. I agree it should be the minimum expectation but Greenwood showed yet again he’s a class above Rashford with his vision, passing and hold up play.
Ok, a class above because he played a simple pass to Fred. Let's agree to disagree.

skc_18

I think let's also agree to disagree about the definition of overwhelming. Or possibly evidence.
I agree too that he loses possession very less compared to others in the team. What he lacks is decision making when he has the ball in final third in a shooting distance. He does not pass much when he thinks he can shoot. Which is making him very predictable this season. If he sorts it out, he will be great.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Rashford was ridiculously wasteful when he completed 21/23 passes (91.3%), whereas Greenwood somehow misplaced one pass when he completed 12/15 passes (80%). Sancho completed 31/39 passes ((79.5%)

Greenwood was very good defensively, maybe the best I have seen him. Worked so hard and pressed well, which is great to see. He is one of the player who shouldn't have problem adapting to what RR demands.

On the ball Greenwood didn't do much, yeah he assisted the goal which was all credit to Fred for scoring a fantastic goal.

Greenwood has done well in his ManUtd career but his vision is not something great or levels above any attacking player we have. If anything he has very tunnel vision, his first instinct is to shoot rather than picking players in better position (same like Rashford).

OL29

Ok, a class above because he played a simple pass to Fred. Let's agree to disagree.
An assist is more than just a pass, he manipulated the ball well upon receiving it at speed, in a crowded area before laying it off at a perfect weight. It may seem simple but he showed composure and intelligence in a situation in which a lot of players probably would’ve conceded possession.

SAFMUTD

An assist is more than just a pass, he manipulated the ball well upon receiving it at speed, in a crowded area before laying it off at a perfect weight. It may seem simple but he showed composure and intelligence in a situation in which a lot of players probably would’ve conceded possession.
It's 98% on Fred. Greenwood is an exceptional talent, there's no need to stretch it so far to prove it.

laughtersassassin

Good come back from Covid for Greenwood.

Should be ahead of Rashford for sure.

Right now I'd want it to be Greenwood and Sancho with Amad being given a shot before January.

Can't see him being worse than Rashford

criticalanalysis

Rashford was ridiculously wasteful when he completed 21/23 passes (91.3%), whereas Greenwood somehow misplaced one pass when he completed 12/15 passes (80%). Sancho completed 31/39 passes ((79.5%)

Greenwood was very good defensively, maybe the best I have seen him. Worked so hard and pressed well, which is great to see. He is one of the player who shouldn't have problem adapting to what RR demands.

On the ball Greenwood didn't do much, yeah he assisted the goal which was all credit to Fred for scoring a fantastic goal.

Greenwood has done well in his ManUtd career but his vision is not something great or levels above any attacking player we have. If anything he has very tunnel vision, his first instinct is to shoot rather than picking players in better position (same like Rashford).
The first sentence I can agree with but the second I think mostly applies (and more recently) when it comes to in and around the penalty box where he has become a bit too focused on the getting the shot away. His all around general play and maturity when it comes to link and build up is usually good and solid. It's nothing fancy or eye of the needle stuff but very progressive imo. Of course that is mixed in sometimes with some over eager dribbling etc but on the whole it's an underrated part of his game.

Walters_19_MuFc

Good come back from Covid for Greenwood.

Should be ahead of Rashford for sure.

Right now I'd want it to be Greenwood and Sancho with Amad being given a shot before January.

Can't see him being worse than Rashford
It's ok saying he should be ahead of Rashford but they're both different types of players. That was made clear by the changes by Rangnick against Palace, who opted to put Elanga up top, who is much more similar to Rashford, in that he will stretch play a lot more, in comparison to Greenwood, who is much more of a link player. The two would actually work well (Rashford/Elanga and Greenwood) with one being the runner and one being the one to drop and hold/link play. That was how Rangnick used Werner and Poulsen, and it seems that's where he wants to go with the front two at United.

If we take that into account, then I can't see Greenwood used up top that much, especially if partnered with Ronaldo, as no one will stretch the play like a Rashford or Elanga would. That being said, I'd like to see a partnership of Greenwood with Elanga up top tomorrow against Young Boys. Think it would make for a nice balance.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
The first sentence I can agree with but the second I think mostly applies (and more recently) when it comes to in and around the penalty box where he has become a bit too focused on the getting the shot away. His all around general play and maturity when it comes to link and build up is usually good and solid. It's nothing fancy or eye of the needle stuff but very progressive imo. Of course that is mixed in sometimes with some over eager dribbling etc but on the whole it's an underrated part of his game.
His overall play has improved without doubt, my point was about vison. It's nothing special, for sure not level above any of our attackers. If anything that's one of his weakness, he doesn't have good view of the game in the final third.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Yes, he really impressed me lately. He is so intelligent in his ball retention now, he is one of the most cool-headed players on the squad. I love Bruno, but he is really emotional and it's a bit of a turn off at times. Mason just seems like he has a killer mentality which I love in certain players. He's young, his vision and passing will continue to improve and while that value (which really means nothing in the end) is high, he is potentially worth that much as he can progress very quickly.

At least Rashford isn't on the near-top of the list. He's a solid player, but he's been so overhyped on those reports before and unlike Greenwood, we can sort of plot a trajectory of what kind of player he will end up becoming, and I struggle to see how he's up there with the very top in the crop of talents in his age range, but he was always extremely high on these lists before.

gajender

Yes, he really impressed me lately. He is so intelligent in his ball retention now, he is one of the most cool-headed players on the squad. I love Bruno, but he is really emotional and it's a bit of a turn off at times. Mason just seems like he has a killer mentality which I love in certain players. He's young, his vision and passing will continue to improve and while that value (which really means nothing in the end) is high, he is potentially worth that much as he can progress very quickly.

At least Rashford isn't on the near-top of the list. He's a solid player, but he's been so overhyped on those reports before and unlike Greenwood, we can sort of plot a trajectory of what kind of player he will end up becoming, and I struggle to see how he's up there with the very top in the crop of talents in his age range, but he was always extremely high on these lists before.
Look we can argue that talent wise Rashford may not be rated as amongst the Elite by some but his numbers have been quite good since he has broken through from young age so it's not a surprise he would always be valued highly in these list which assign hypothetical transfer values .

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Look we can argue that talent wise Rashford may not be rated as amongst the Elite by some but his numbers have been quite good since he has broken through from young age so it's not a surprise he would always be valued highly in these list which assign hypothetical transfer values .
It's true, but I think his numbers flattered him more than validated the value he was assigned for them when you watched him play compared to some of the other names on those lists he shared top billing with.

MUFC OK

Have a feeling that once RR realises just how good he is, he will be our starting striker with Ronaldo.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
He’s a level above all the other youngsters. Class.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Said everything about our performance that he ended up having to come all the way into the holding midfield position to get involved in the play. Such quality off of either foot though. He's a cracking player.

united for life

Clearly better than Rashford. A better finisher and can offer more up front along with Ronaldo. For me, I expect to see him start as soon as the next game. He started the season well and today he showed a glimpse of what he can offer

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
His bottom level is just so much higher than most players at the club. Even when he's not up to much his passing is sharp and crisp. He's got to have one of the best passing ranges of a young striker I've ever seen. Fantastic improvisation for the goal too.

Status
Not open for further replies.