5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank White

Bottom line is his supposedly greatest strength would be either running at people (with his speed) or running in behind with his speed. Hes always offisde and doesnt run at full backs enough for me.

Inzaghi

Here is the big difference - Inzaghi was a goal scorer. Tap ins, scuffy goals, well placed goals. Rashford just belts the ball as hard as he can most of the time and very rarely finds himself in the 6 yard box

On topic - Greenwood is class. I almost feel like he needs to believe in himself more/be a bit arrogant. Looks so shy just waddling around at times. World class player in there in there for sure though
Ah so waddling around for Greenwood = shyness but Rashford it's laziness, got it.

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
Ah so waddling around for Greenwood = shyness but Rashford it's laziness, got it.
Woahhh easy tiger ... Im talking about when the ball has gone out of play or something when hes back in to position etc. Just looks a shy boy. Rashford is a lazy useless player currently. Change my mind

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Bottom line is his supposedly greatest strength would be either running at people (with his speed) or running in behind with his speed. Hes always offisde and doesnt run at full backs enough for me.

Inzaghi

Here is the big difference - Inzaghi was a goal scorer. Tap ins, scuffy goals, well placed goals. Rashford just belts the ball as hard as he can most of the time and very rarely finds himself in the 6 yard box

On topic - Greenwood is class. I almost feel like he needs to believe in himself more/be a bit arrogant. Looks so shy just waddling around at times. World class player in there in there for sure though
Rashford scores about 1 in 3 in the league, Pippo more like 0.4 goals a game. However, Rashford already has more assists in the league than Inzaghi got in his whole career so...not too bad really. Shockingly enough, yes they are a different type of player, no Rashford isn't shit.

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
Rashford scores about 1 in 3 in the league, Pippo more like 0.4 goals a game. However, Rashford already has more assists in the league than Inzaghi got in his whole career so...not too bad really. Shockingly enough, yes they are a different type of player, no Rashford isn't shit.
Rashford was great for a while. Loads of energy, scoring goals, so I could overlook the odd offside.

Now he's lazy, ineffective. Frustrates me more than anything that he has regressed

lex talionis

A beast in the making, Mason needs to worker harder off the ball and to develop a stronger instinct for making the early pass rather than taking three or four touches and then finding the chance has slipped by.

UncleBob

He has to start in that front two. Atleast he can control and pass the ball.
He struggles with the same issues as Rashford when it comes to passing and awareness, likes to hold on to the ball for too long and prefers to try something on his own.

RooneyLegend

He struggles with the same issues as Rashford when it comes to passing and awareness, likes to hold on to the ball for too long and prefers to try something on his own.
He doesn't give it away though. Ronaldo, Bruno and Rashford are giving the ball away like it's what they're paid to do. We, at the very least need someone who can retain it.

JeffFromHK

People always like to compare him, Rashford and Martial. But they are essentially same type of players at different ages

- all hybrid wing/forward and excel at neither of the positions. As a wing, not enough dribbling/crossing, as a centre forward, lack hold up play and lack that "fox in the box" instinct
- all have good finishing, decent technique (close control) and are speedy
- all are type of players "got rich and famous too early and become complacent", and you can see their workrate and mentality drop bit by bit as they play more games

Valencia Shin Crosses

A victim of being a striker playing in front of four feckwads that couldn't complete a pass or keep possession. Hardly touched the ball aside from a brilliant pass he made that Dubravka had to sweep up, but I just can't say he was bad with a straight face when he genuinely couldn't get on the ball.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Regressed horribly since Ronaldo came, he played so well against Leeds and Wolves at the start of the season, really wonder what happened to him
Exactly. Its just so obvious what the problem is.

When Ronaldo is a striker you need players that create him chances. When he was a LW he had Benzema doing that for him and other deeper players - when he is a striker he needs that coming from the wider areas.

Players like Greenwood & Rashford are not going to set him up because they need chances created for themselves.

Ixion

I would not play him in that 2 with Bruno I'm not sure what the point of that is, he doesn''t work hard enough to be there and you're not playing to his strengths. He should be up front rotating with Ronaldo and Cavani but he and Ronnie just don't seem to gel.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Feels like another young talent that will barely develop or even regress here.

Bestietom

Regressed horribly since Ronaldo came, he played so well against Leeds and Wolves at the start of the season, really wonder what happened to him
I agree. There is something I can't figure out but I have noticed when these 2 play together, they try to ignore each other when passing, unless it's blatantly obvious. Ronnie wants the ball all the time, when Greenwood likes to shoot.

Coops73

Apart from the ball to Ronaldo early in the first half he really didn’t have any impact on the game.

He’s a talent and will come good but playing alongside Ronaldo has fecked with his head I think, hopefully Rangnicks head doctor can start to earn his corn.

Ddannidom

Looks like a second half player for me. I don't see the point in starting him as he seems to tire out easily.

Bestietom

Apart from the ball to Ronaldo early in the first half he really didn’t have any impact on the game.

He’s a talent and will come good but playing alongside Ronaldo has fecked with his head I think, hopefully Rangnicks head doctor can start to earn his corn.
He was enjoying playing with Cavani, then things changed when Ronaldo came here. It's up to RR and his staff to sort this out. We just can't keep playing these players who are not performing every game, yet it seems they are first on the teamsheet.
I hope the Interim manager sorts this out sooner rather than later, before young players want to leave our club.

Ekeke

I get the feeling the AM role in a 4-2-2-2 is not going to be a position he can do well in. Sancho was a lot better.

I would imagine in that formation he needs to play as striker

Swiss_Red89

I get the feeling the AM role in a 4-2-2-2 is not going to be a position he can do well in. Sancho was a lot better.

I would imagine in that formation he needs to play as striker
Mason played as the striker yesterday. I wouldn't have subbed him at halftime though.

Marwood

He barely got the ball. You can't really judge a striker when the team behind them is so poor.

Having said that I was still surprised he came off.

When you're struggling as a team to keep the ball you surely want the players with the best technical ability on the pitch.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Rashford on the right and him up top didn't look like it was ever going to work really. You'd think it would have made more sense to either swap Rashford and Bruno round or Greenwood and Rashford.

But hey, it was far from the only problem, Fred was utterly atrocious, Ronaldo couldn't trap wind, Rashford was truly appalling first half, there was no energy or movement all over the pitch really. I don't think a 20 year old striker should take the blame for an appalling team performance and what appeared to be poor tactics from the manager. They all need to do better.

Devil81

All the ability but suffers from being extremely lazy on the field.

I'm not convinced he will ever reach his potential because of this poor approach to his play.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He's suffered by spending crucial development years under Solskjaer, not sure if those habits will ever be undone. His development has stalled massively. We're very poor at developing young players so definitely concerned by his future prospects.

GlasgowCeltic

Can imagine Ole sold him dreams of being the clubs 9 this season before he went and signed Ronaldo, all a bit sulky and half arsed from him since then

UncleBob

He's suffered by spending crucial development years under Solskjaer, not sure if those habits will ever be undone. His development has stalled massively. We're very poor at developing young players so definitely concerned by his future prospects.
:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.