5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RuudTom83

A lot of the players are so low on confidence that when they get the ball they want to have far too many touches.

The whole team is guilty of it not just Mason.

led_scholes

Good 1st half. Awful second. Not only he just opted for a shoot every time, his shoots were so powerless. If he becomes slightly less egoistic and improves his stamina, he will be WC.

caid

Getting a bit skeptical about him to be honest. Talented but dont think the rest of the package is good enough. Developing some better decision making would probably help a lot and he's still very young so im being quite harsh but yeah ... not wholly impressed by him.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He’s been figured out on the right wing.

mu4c_20le

He was decent today, put in some good crosses. Seemed possibly demotivated at being asked to play so far from goal, I can only assume this is because of Jadon's knock, otherwise it's odd to put a player who's best strengths is his finishing out wide as a creator.

IhabX7

Getting a bit skeptical about him to be honest. Talented but dont think the rest of the package is good enough. Developing some better decision making would probably help a lot and he's still very young so im being quite harsh but yeah ... not wholly impressed by him.
We were raving about his decision making earlier in his career. I think he needs his head sorted out, where's that psychologist we got? Rangnick and his bollocks :lol:

Bobski

I used to criticize Valencia, he would actually be very useful for this system that RR wants to play.

Rossa

Good 1st half. Awful second. Not only he just opted for a shoot every time, his shoots were so powerless. If he becomes slightly less egoistic and improves his stamina, he will be WC.
Bolded part is unfortunately too true. Always seems to disappear in the second half. And the guy presses less than the geriatric 98 year old Ronaldo.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Making him play deeper as a '10' isn't going to do him any favours, he's learnt his trade as a striker and now we're playing him anywhere but as a striker.
Trying our hardest to make him a one trick pony. Get ball, get on left foot, shoot. He needs playing as a forward now or he’ll be another one everyone soon wants rid of.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He plays like a young footballer who receives zero coaching, and thus goes on the pitch and does what he wants... Which isn't too bad as he's an immensely talented football, but I fear we're not helping him develop as well as he could.

miked99

I rate him very highly, but I'm starting to get really frustrated with his selfishness and his obsession with shooting from stupid distances.

Lewnited

The issue when you overrate youth players when they're young. He might improve but people were comparing him to Ronaldo 9 at one point, it was ridiculous.
I do agree, but only to an extent. I think a bigger issue is that we, as a club, have seen numerous young players over the past 7/8 years come in and not develop much past their initial breakthrough years. For me it's too obvious a trend to ignore at this point.

Having said that, Greenwood is so greedy :lol:

PoTMS

We will absolutely ruin him. If he knows what's good for him, he'll want out.

OmarUnited4ever

he gets himself in decent shooting positions but today he just couldn't hit it properly, that being said, he should pass/cross more.

Manny

Grammar Police
People just chose to ignore it but he's been selfish all season.

Probably because some shots went in but that inevitably dries up because he's become so predictable.

spiriticon

The worrying part is that he doesn't even use his right foot that often anymore. One of the best things about him a few years ago was his two footedness and unpredictability from that.

We seem to have beaten the right foot out of him.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Just need to remain patient with him. He seems like he’s just experimenting his way through games at the moment - and with the lack of structure in the team and all the mess with the culture... I can see why he is just going off the cuff.

Having said that - next season he needs to start stepping up with the decision making as he will be a integral player for the future of Manchester United.

He’s the only attacker I see still being here in 3 years time so we need to not kill him and expect too much. He will be more of a late bloomer with his body still developing and athleticism not quite there yet.

The United

The worrying part is that he doesn't even use his right foot that often anymore. One of the best things about him a few years ago was his two footedness and unpredictability from that.

We seem to have beaten the right foot out of him.
Seriously, players have to take responsibility of themselves for things like that. I really doubt any coaches from past or present told him to abandon his right leg.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He has a weak mentality.
How do you come to that conclusion? Quite a few times he's been the best outfield player for us in his young career. Bailed Ole out a number of times when most of the others went missing. Takes the ball in crowded spaces and rarely loses it.

The only thing missing today was power in his shots. Very tame.

UncleBob

How do you come to that conclusion? Quite a few times he's been the best outfield player for us in his young career. Bailed Ole out a number of times when most of the others went missing. Takes the ball in crowded spaces and rarely loses it.

Decision making
Decision making

Not power

The United

I always thought he is always about accuracy, not much with power in his shots.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Something about him keeps me thinking he will be a great player....but he needs coaching in his decision making and at some point he needs to be played as an out and out forward again.

jesperjaap

He is still very young. Can be a bit greedy in the final third of course but I dont get the "does he ever pass", literally the only player in the side today in the fist half especially capable of holding the ball and not giving it away under pressure unlike the rest.

Is obviously low on confidence, his finishing which we all know is excellent was very poor, but he is one of very few players not even considering his age we shouldnt be jumping on at the moment.

I do agree with others though, his future is definately centrally for me

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Decision making
Decision making

Not power
I agree if he simply cannot smash the ball from far out. But I've seen him do it, so I've few complaints. If we're talking decision making, let's look at the collective performance. Lindelof tries to bring a ball from the clouds down like Maradona with a defender breathing down his neck. Bruno keeps making risky passes at the edge of his own box. Rashford repeatedly tries to hold off his man when he's been mauled time and again. There were a lot of unforced errors on display tonight and I thought Mason was one of the better ones. Shaw being the best, Varane close second.

I always thought he is always about accuracy, not much with power in his shots.
I'm not saying he's Roberto Carlos, but those long shots were like watching football in the park. Limp dick.

Status
Not open for further replies.