Mason Greenwood

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirk buttercup

I love watching him play . Cant wait to see more of him , I really think he is going mature over the next year or two and become a superstar .He does remind me a bit of RVP

RUCK4444

I can see a bit more muscle definition, hopefully they are working on this side of his game and planning it carefully.

Add some real core strength to this kid so he can mix it with the big boys and the skies the limit.

Brightonian

I can see a bit more muscle definition, hopefully they are working on this side of his game and planning it carefully.

Add some real core strength to this kid so he can mix it with the big boys and the skies the limit.
Yes, but patiently over time. He's not a player who urgently needs to bulk up, as he doesn't play a very physical game. He steps off his markers, rather than back into them. His brain and his feet do the talking, not his shoulders.

As you say, a carefully planned regimen over time will naturally add core strength and a little bit more weight.

Utdstar01

Looking like he's developed a larger frame and some muscle during the lockdown.
Noticeably wider across his shoulders and back, you can't see it from this shot but ive seen other videos of him training.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Kind of normal don’t you think? Young man fills out a bit as he gets older?

fps

Rashford filled out, helped him massively, became way more explosive.
Yes, definitely. A lot of that is guided growth more than "hitting the weights" mind. 18 and 22 are very different!

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Yes, definitely. A lot of that is guided growth more than "hitting the weights" mind. 18 and 22 are very different!
Yep. Rashford has had a solid development as he's aged in this regard. He was very wiry when he began and now has attained pretty good upper body strength - that moment against VVD comes to mind, without losing his mobility at all.

meamth

I've seen him in the youth/u23's but I don't think that holds much weight to what he can do at a first team level especially when people are claiming he will be one of the top 5 player itw. Wilson was scoring some ridiculous goals at that level, literally running from the halfway line and scoring. Loads of players have looked stupidly good at youth level. You are basically playing against a bunch of players where the majority will do well to make it in the football league.

I'm not saying he won't be a good/great/fantastic/world class player because I think he will and he's already shown glimpses of it but I'm not sure how people have come to the conclusion of him being an absolute dead cert to be one of the best players around, and then back it up by claiming what he has done in the youth team.

If a player has played a decent chunk of football at first team level, then that's the sensible decision to base an opinion on. If am being honest then game against Cardiff was where I thought 'wow'. Since then, I haven't really seen him scare defenders, he seems timid to commit a full-back and his touch is often sloppy but regardless even if he's carries being an absolute lethal finisher on both feet with more consistency and game time that comes with the maturity of being a first team player than that's fine as essentially he will be here for years to come and contributing well.
I based my assumption that he will be world class with his 10 goals scored when united first scouted him.

Also the fabled story of him practicing shooting with both of his feet all day long.

Mason will be like that dude in shaolin soccer.

RUCK4444

Yes, but patiently over time. He's not a player who urgently needs to bulk up, as he doesn't play a very physical game. He steps off his markers, rather than back into them. His brain and his feet do the talking, not his shoulders.

As you say, a carefully planned regimen over time will naturally add core strength and a little bit more weight.
Yeah that’s why I said carefully. He doesn’t need to be like Traore, just an extra bit of strength to hold his own.

tjb

If he improves on the build up a bit ( aka he strengthens on the ball), he could pip Martial in that role. His finishing is that good. 12 goals from mostly the bench. Hopefully he can take that step and get that spot in the 11

SAFMUTD

The fact this kid is so exciting is that he doesnt have any outstanding physical attributes that explain why he bullied defenders, he’s not a strong player like Lukaku or Haaland or lightning fast as many players that were/are pace merchants and cant replicate it on senior level.

He is pure quality, his movement and finishing are outstanding and will only get better and more dominant as his physique develops.

I think we have a gem in our hands, I can see him dominating the league within the next 2-3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.