Mason Mount

thepolice123

Their new Lampard.

He doesn't have the most elite talent but his intelligence and application on the pitch are tremendous.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Talk about clueless.
I think that poster made a very bad call, but the scout or coaches that you talked to who told you to forget Foden, I'd recommend next time you talk to them you get proof of employment, because that's also an awful call.

RooneyLegend

Talk about clueless.
Still seeing nothing special. Did literally nothing outside of the pass. He even got substituted. He's a good player but nothing special, ain't nothing changed, go watch Grealish if you want to see something special.

dogwithabone

Still seeing nothing special. Did literally nothing outside of the pass. He even got substituted. He's a good player but nothing special, ain't nothing changed, go watch Grealish if you want to see something special.

He is a very intelligent and mature footballer for his age as well as being exceptionally disciplined and knowing his role. I take your point though that he’s not the most eye catching and, yes, Grealish will get you off your seat far more than Mount. I’d take Grealish over Mount every time but both will grace the PL for years to come. .

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Yeah around the 80th min, when he was completely knackered :lol: Not like he was hooked because he was shite

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Their new Lampard.

He doesn't have the most elite talent but his intelligence and application on the pitch are tremendous.
I am not sure whether he will offer Lampard's longevity at the top level. To me he looks like a player that can run out of steam by his late twenties.

Classical Mechanic

I am not sure whether he will offer Lampard's longevity at the top level. To me he looks like a player that can run out of steam by his late twenties.
How so? His fitness is one of his strong attributes. He’s not explosive so shouldn't be prone to those kinds of muscle injuries. He’s played nearly 200 senior games already. I think he’s the type of player to go on and make 800+ apps in his career.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
No, very good player but Foden is the bigger talent.

Bwuk

No, very good player but Foden is the bigger talent.
I don’t agree with this. I see it posted a lot. Foden plays with better players. Mount at times has carried this Chelsea side.

Foden started 17 times in the league, Mount 32.

It’s clear who’s more important to their side imo.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I don’t agree with this. I see it posted a lot. Foden plays with better players. Mount at times has carried this Chelsea side.

Foden is more skilful, scores more, passes better. He is a more special player, simple observation really.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I think i've seen Chelsea a grand total of three times this year and he looked really good every time. I just assumed he wasn't rated very highly though and they were rare examples. Turns out he is rated really highly now. Man, I'm so out of touch.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I think that poster made a very bad call, but the scout or coaches that you talked to who told you to forget Foden, I'd recommend next time you talk to them you get proof of employment, because that's also an awful call.
:lol:

Sylar

I think i've seen Chelsea a grand total of three times this year and he looked really good every time. I just assumed he wasn't rated very highly though and they were rare examples. Turns out he is rated really highly now. Man, I'm so out of touch.
I don't think he was rated under Lampard which was so so weird because even then he looked their best player the times I saw Chelsea, yet he was being blamed for the performances and lack of performances by other new signings

TheLiverBird

Did literally nothing outside the pass :lol:

comical

Even if that’s true, players like mount need just one opportunity to turn a game

that one pass, won the game, he did his job

He’s a class act is Mount

plenty of excellent players might go missing at times but then produce a vision or some magic that unlocks a game like no one else could

Classical Mechanic

He actually made 3 key passes. No other player on either side made more than 1. All while finishing the game with 96% pass completion. It was a tight game. Mount's not a player to dominate a game like KDB though. He more of an important cog in a system. He really suits Tuchel.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Mount is a player who can contribute for the team's lot better than say foden or grealish as of now. He is tactically disciplined, working hard and contribute to the team in full spectrum.

Attack,defense,maintaining shape and applying pressure he excelled in all of that departments. That's what tuchel said. You can get whole package with mount.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

You could say the same about Gerrard and Scholes but you’d probably have Scholes as the better player wouldn’t you?

Traub

Did literally nothing outside the pass :lol:

comical

Even if that’s true, players like mount need just one opportunity to turn a game

that one pass, won the game, he did his job

He’s a class act is Mount

plenty of excellent players might go missing at times but then produce a vision or some magic that unlocks a game like no one else could
This. It's the same as when people say the striker did nothing if you take away his goal in a match... obviously??

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Mourinho's *** material. His ideal of a #10

Bwuk

You could say the same about Gerrard and Scholes but you’d probably have Scholes as the better player wouldn’t you?
I don’t remember Gerrard or Scholes playing in a league winning side yet only getting 17 starts, and somehow being rated as the best thing since slice bread.

MU655

Foden is more skilful, scores more, passes better. He is a more special player, simple observation really.
Not sure he is a better passer. In terms of chances created per 90, Mount is 7th in all of Europe. He has just been unlucky to have some of the worst finishers in front of him.

He has more key passes per 90 than Fernandes for his position.

In terms of Premier League, he is 4th out of all players.

1 - De Bruyne - 3.6
2 - Grealish - 3.4
3- Fraser - 2.7
4 - Mount - 2.7
5 -Fernandes - 2.6

17 - Foden - 2.1

In terms of expected assists, he is third in the PL. (Actual Assists)

1. Fernandes - 11.47 (12)
2. De Bruyne - 10.96 (12)
3. Mount - 9.85 (5) - Weirdly low assists compared to expected assists - supports rubbish finishing of the strikers.

6. Grealish - 9.33 (10)

39. Foden - 4.75 (5)

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
I don't think he was rated under Lampard which was so so weird because even then he looked their best player the times I saw Chelsea, yet he was being blamed for the performances and lack of performances by other new signings
He went from being a good prospect when he broke through to
Being called lampards son (even from some of our own fans) and Southgates son absolutely ridiculous notions of favouritism. But through his own performances and hard work he's won most people over. He's quality great technically and a great workrate.

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
He is a great player that doesnt hide behind stats like several of our players do. He helps his team dominate matches which is key for success imo. This is why i want Grealish over Sancho as well. Grealish dominates while Sancho can be invisible in a whole game before he does something brilliant. We have enough of those players.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's a very good player but I still don't really think he should start for England. He plays as a #10 or winger for Chelsea. I'd pick each of (if fit and normal form) Grealish, Sancho, Rashford, Foden, Sterling ahead of him for those 3 positions. Rashford and Sterling out of form sure but Rashford if firing is an easy starter on the left IMO, and Grealish should walk in as the 10.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Not sure he is a better passer. In terms of chances created per 90, Mount is 7th in all of Europe. He has just been unlucky to have some of the worst finishers in front of him.

He has more key passes per 90 than Fernandes for his position.

In terms of Premier League, he is 4th out of all players.

1 - De Bruyne - 3.6
2 - Grealish - 3.4
3- Fraser - 2.7
4 - Mount - 2.7
5 -Fernandes - 2.6

17 - Foden - 2.1

In terms of expected assists, he is third in the PL. (Actual Assists)

1. Fernandes - 11.47 (12)
2. De Bruyne - 10.96 (12)
3. Mount - 9.85 (5) - Weirdly low assists compared to expected assists - supports rubbish finishing of the strikers.

6. Grealish - 9.33 (10)

39. Foden - 4.75 (5)
One problem with using statistics like these to come to a conclusion about who is the better passer, is that it ignores any and all context. Depending on the makeup of the team, the tactics employed and the player’s position it can vary how productive a player could be when it comes to something like chances created or key passes per 90.

For example with the two players being compared here, it’s clear that when Foden and KDB are sharing the pitch the latter is granted more freedom and agency when it comes to picking a pass that will unlock a defence, whereas Foden will have to do more of a facilitating role in that aspect. I assume this will be reflected when comparing the pass accuracy of KDB and the others in terms of City passing (KDB always seems to be amongst the lowest of the team for pass completion) as one has much more freedom to create in terms of moving the ball. That’s on top of having others in the team like Mahrez, Gundogan, Cancelo, Silva etc who also split the creative passing.

Mount at Chelsea has become their go to guy when it comes to creative passing, he’s wonderfully tidy with the ball when it comes to creating chances but he has more freedom than someone like Foden to pick those passes, both in terms of how often he can execute them and also in terms of the positions he takes up on the pitch. It’s also less split in terms of how many creators they have, Ziyech is a creative force but hasn’t been super present this season, Havertz has often led the line rather than fed it, and Werner has made more use of his off the ball contributions rather than what he’s done on it.

So it’s not too surprising to me that Mount ranks higher in this particular statistic. He’s a really nice little passer and he’s very tidy with the ball, but I think Foden is also an excellent passer.

Sylar

He went from being a good prospect when he broke through to
Being called lampards son (even from some of our own fans) and Southgates son absolutely ridiculous notions of favouritism. But through his own performances and hard work he's won most people over. He's quality great technically and a great workrate.
Im happy for him despite him playing for your lot. But glad he's not at city or Liverpool

I don't have hatred for Chelsea but it's an English side that's not mine so I'm meh
But he always seems one of the hardest workers and I haven't seen him outside of football in a negative sense either

SATA

Grealish>Foden>Mount

Mount is the least talented for me amongst the three but the mentality of his is right up there and his technical ability is no slouch too. England really has a healthy abundance of number 10s

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Mount is the better talent. Really should be a simple observation.

Outplayed him yesterday too.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Mount or Foden? Foden or Mount? Why not both for England!
foden right, mount middle, grealish left.

if they were spanish it wouldn’t be a contest, but of course in england we prioritise speed, so it’ll probably be sterling or rashford in there somewhere

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I don’t remember Gerrard or Scholes playing in a league winning side yet only getting 17 starts, and somehow being rated as the best thing since slice bread.
I don't remember Gerrard playing in a league winning side :lol: