Mason Mount

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Looks a player. Fair play to Lampard for showing faith in him.

England are absolutely stacked for young attacking midfielders.

LVGSdive

Frank would be shooting himself in the foot if he doesn't play him. He has been Chelsea's best player this season.

Lee565

Doesn't look out of place against top opposition, not just from today but all his matches so far this season for Chelsea.

TheThingThatShouldNotBe

Supports
Chelsea
Was clear to anyone who watched him enough at Derby that he had loads of talent, I always thought he’d look even better playing with superior players too.

Really exciting!

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I've been firmly on his hype train for over 18 months, infact i was constantly stressing he was better than Loftus-Cheek, although the latters rise at the end of last season gave me food for thought.

He will probably be our top scorer this season too, 2 goals quite easily could be 4/5 already, he constantly gets himself in the right positions.

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
I've been firmly on his hype train for over 18 months, infact i was constantly stressing he was better than Loftus-Cheek, although the latters rise at the end of last season gave me food for thought.

He will probably be our top scorer this season too, 2 goals quite easily could be 4/5 already, he constantly gets himself in the right positions.
Slow down there, partner.

Classical Mechanic

To be honest I got off the hype train after his season with Derby in The Championship but he's started this season brilliantly. He played as an 8 in that side a lot though. I think he's much better closer to goal. I think his best goal was actually the disallowed one in the supercup, fantastic finish with his weak foot.

HNK55

Supports
Chelsea
It is only a few games in but he has shown a lot more than some of our players.
Very pleased for the lad, genuinely believe he has the ability to be our next Lampard.
But does he have the mindset? Time will tell.

starman

He's definitely gone to another level from his time at Derby, where Wilson looked the outstanding talent, imo.

Stadjer

Jealous because your team doesn't have him.
Why? Mount might actually be young an learning, scoring goals, passing forward but.. does he have world class movement and is he a hard worker? That is what a Manchester United attacking midfielder needs these days. Scoring goals? Nah, not the right month for that.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
He's definitely gone to another level from his time at Derby, where Wilson looked the outstanding talent, imo.
He was injured around the new year up to middle of March and Derby's form fell off the cliff while he was out. Wilson's a good player and camera friendly with his nice free kicks but think Mount buzzing behind the forward line is more influential. He played well in Holland didn't he so already got lots of experience for young age.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
:lol::lol::lol:

Like the Chelsea starting XI the average age of their fanbase posting on the CAF is also down
He was quite clearly joking, although that said he'd be an instant upgrade on Lingard.

UsualSuspect

Supports
Chelsea
Why? Mount might actually be young an learning, scoring goals, passing forward but.. does he have world class movement and is he a hard worker? That is what a Manchester United attacking midfielder needs these days. Scoring goals? Nah, not the right month for that.
Movement....no, well not yet. But his work ethic, both on and off the pitch, is what has the coaches etc excited. He trains like a beast apparently which is always great to hear when you see an obvious talent. He reminds me a lot of KDB when he arrived at Chelsea. Great technique, a bit of a jack of all trades but searching for a position. Mount has no one ahead of him though, and a manager willing to carry him through the process.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He was quite clearly joking, although that said he'd be an instant upgrade on Lingard.
You say he's joking but then you make a comment like that so how am I to know when you Chelsea lot are joking or being serious?

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
You say he's joking but then you make a comment like that so how am I to know when you Chelsea lot are joking or being serious?
Wait, you actually think Lingard's better? Dancing in North London maybe.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I like that he's quick to get a shot off, doesn't usually over think it. Pretty decent on both feet as well.

TheThingThatShouldNotBe

Supports
Chelsea
He was injured around the new year up to middle of March and Derby's form fell off the cliff while he was out. Wilson's a good player and camera friendly with his nice free kicks but think Mount buzzing behind the forward line is more influential. He played well in Holland didn't he so already got lots of experience for young age.
Was going to post the same thing. Mount came back from injury and Derby rallied to make the playoffs. He was very good for them.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Slow down there, partner.
He looks far better than Loftus Cheek who always seemed overrated to me. This kid looks the business. Quality so far. But let's see if it's the new manager bump or genuinely how good a talent he is.

::sonny::

He looks far better than Loftus Cheek who always seemed overrated to me. This kid looks the business. Quality so far. But let's see if it's the new manager bump or genuinely how good a talent he is.
Lotus Cheek would be a regular starter at United, and probably would be the best player of the squad

Moby

Dick
Genuinely envious of him especially given our own midfield woes. Props to Frank for putting him into the mix straight away. Ole can take a leaf out of his book regarding Mason.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Genuinely envious of him especially given our own midfield woes. Props to Frank for putting him into the mix straight away. Ole can take a leaf out of his book regarding Mason.
Except Mount has has loans spells at Vitesse and Derby as part of his development, Mason hasn't. I like the look of Greenwood but posters are placing far too much expectation on him for the season.

Moby

Dick
Except Mount has has loans spells at Vitesse and Derby as part of his development, Mason hasn't. I like the look of Greenwood but posters are placing far too much expectation on him for the season.
I'm not saying he would be as good as Mount has been but we'll never know that if he's getting 10 odd minutes in a game here and there. Especially when it means turds like Lingard stinking the place up.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Wait, you actually think Lingard's better? Dancing in North London maybe.
I didn't say that but it's beyond stupid to say a player with what 3 PL starts is an instant upgrade over someone who's an England International and played in World Cups and the Champions League