Mason Mount

criticalanalysis

Is this a case similar to Oscar and Bernado Silva?

Creative, super high pressing, in-the-hole, high involvement players, who look like world beaters because the quality is there but then they get burned out and lose that spark?

I always thought Oscar was a quality player. What happened after the first year or two?

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Is this a case similar to Oscar and Bernado Silva?

Creative, super high pressing, in-the-hole, high involvement players, who look like world beaters because the quality is there but then they get burned out and lose that spark?

I always thought Oscar was a quality player. What happened after the first year or two?
I thought Bernado Silva is getting back to his best this season. But he was in rather poor form (by his standard) last season or so.

Ludens the Red

He’s been shite since the Euros in all honesty. Though that was partly down to where he would occasionally play. Hasn’t quite kicked back into form.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Somewhere between Oscar when he was good and lingard when he was good.

good player

HackeyC

At present he is hugely over-rated. He may improve as a footaller but he is no Ballon D'or nominee imo.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Think his motivation might have dropped after success last season.

Thinking you've made it syndrome. CL win in second season etc

Can be frustrating with finishing and decision making in the final third. Great work rate and has produced big moments already for us.

Needs to keep working at same level as last year to improve further

Stacks

Felt the insistence on playing him cost England a real shot at being a great team. Sure we could have won on pens as its luck but you could see Kane had yet another stinker of a final and I feel having Mason as the man behind you ain't gonna do it. He was stealing a place in the Euros game by game.

Bearded One

Mount is very key to Chelsea. Right now I rate him higher than their myriad of attacking midfielders.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Hugely overrated. Whenever I see him I've never been impressed. Lampard's son.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Joint 4th top scorer in the league now. Lethal.

Along with about 15 other players on 3 goals.

Smacky The Frog

Good player though, the key to making Chelsea's attack function. Still wasn't at his best today, but this will be good for his confidence.

redrobed

Could work if Pogba leaves maybe as part of a midfield 3 if we have a couple of others happier to sit including a destroyer like Rice or Tieilemans.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
He's not been great recently, fully taking advantage of the injuries to put in a real performance today. Does come up with goals at key times, scoring the first one today was crucial from a mental perspective with our two regular strikers out.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Could work if Pogba leaves maybe as part of a midfield 3 if we have a couple of others happier to sit including a destroyer like Rice or Tieilemans.
Watching Ajax in the UCL run of a couple of years I feel this Van De Beek fella would work well for you.

mu4c_20le

He's like a more grounded version of Lingard. He was underrated for awhile but always works hard.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
He’s great. Very well rounded.
While every player has bouts where they get a little overrated, it’s weird how he’s constantly underestimated. There’s not many players who have done what he has at his age. The shouts that he cost Lampard his job and he should have dropped him were utterly buzzard at the time.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
He’s great. Very well rounded.
While every player has bouts where they get a little overrated, it’s weird how he’s constantly underestimated. There’s not many players who have done what he has at his age. The shouts that he cost Lampard his job and he should have dropped him were utterly buzzard at the time.
People don’t understand him. In most peoples minds there’s 2 types of #10, a playmaker type getting lots of assists and a second striker type midfielder popping up with goals.

Foden for example has similarities to Silva so they are comfortable with knowing his strengths and what his game is all about. Mount is very much his own player and since it doesn’t add up into either generic type he is automatically a nothing player.

A true nothing player would be a jack of all trades master of none like a Milner.

Righteous Steps

People don’t understand him. In most peoples minds there’s 2 types of #10, a playmaker type getting lots of assists and a second striker type midfielder popping up with goals.

Foden for example has similarities to Silva so they are comfortable with knowing his strengths and what his game is all about. Mount is very much his own player and since it doesn’t add up into either generic type he is automatically a nothing player.

A true nothing player would be a jack of all trades master of none like a Milner.
What’s Mount the master of?

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Saw this stat the other day on him vs Lampard's first 3 years' at Chelsea.

Mount

Season 1 - Age 20/21 - Games 53, Mins 3741 - Goals 7 / Assists 6 - goal and assist every 288 mins

Season 2 - Age 21/22 - Games 54, Mins 4242 - Goals 9 / Assists 9 - goal and assist every 236 mins

Season 3 - Age 22/23 - Games 20, Mins 1202 - Goals 6 / Assists 4 - goal and assist every 120 mins

Lampard

Season 1 - Age 23 - Games 53, Mins 4483 - Goals 7 / Assists 2 - goal and assist every 498 mins

Season 2 - Age 24 - Games 48, Mins 4127 - Goals 8 / Assists 5 - goal and assist every 317 mins

Season 3 - Age 25 - Games 58, Mins 5041 - Goals 15 / Assists 9 - goal and assist every 210 mins

Found these stats interesting/surprising as not only has he been comfortably beating Lampard's raw totals but he also shows a similar leap each year in output that Lampard did but at a younger age.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Mount

Season 1 - Age 20/21 - Games 53, Mins 3741 - Goals 7 / Assists 6 - goal and assist every 288 mins

Season 2 - Age 21/22 - Games 54, Mins 4242 - Goals 9 / Assists 9 - goal and assist every 236 mins

Season 3 - Age 22/23 - Games 20, Mins 1202 - Goals 6 / Assists 4 - goal and assist every 120 mins

Lampard

Season 1 - Age 23 - Games 53, Mins 4483 - Goals 7 / Assists 2 - goal and assist every 498 mins

Season 2 - Age 24 - Games 48, Mins 4127 - Goals 8 / Assists 5 - goal and assist every 317 mins

Season 3 - Age 25 - Games 58, Mins 5041 - Goals 15 / Assists 9 - goal and assist every 210 mins

Found these stats interesting/surprising as not only has he been comfortably beating Lampard's raw totals but he also shows a similar leap each year in output that Lampard did but at a younger age.
I don't think Lampard was playing attacking role those years.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain

Mount

Lampard

I’m a big fan of Mount. Think he’s class. If he can even get to 2/3rds of Lampard’s career in terms of G&A, and consistency, he’d have had a fantastic career.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
I don't think Lampard was playing attacking role those years.
From memory Lampard was the No.8 in a 442 (so the third most attacking player after the CF's) apart from the first three to four months of his first season.

Maybe a Chelsea fan can confirm.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
From memory Lampard was the No.8 in a 442 (so the third most attacking player after the CF's) apart from the first three to four months of his first season.

Maybe a Chelsea fan can confirm.
CMs were not attackers, he took his numbers to different level when he was part of midfield 3. Mount doesn't play as CM. It's always as AM or winger.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Lampard's numbers did jump when they switched to a three, although he was also very impressive in Ranieri's last season, which I think was in part due to Makelele having joined and really allowing Lampard to make those runs he'd become synonymous with.

I know he's had a couple penalties this season but his goal return is looking healthy. It'll be useful for Chelsea if he can make it a consistent part of his game. In the Norwich game the first goal to get them started from the edge of the box and the last goal which had him sprinting to get into the box were both good examples of how he can influence games with goals. In the Everton game the other night I liked his one two with Rudiger and getting himself in the box, and then he finally got his goal with some good movement and drifting off of Godfrey.

Classical Mechanic

Lampard's numbers did jump when they switched to a three, although he was also very impressive in Ranieri's last season, which I think was in part due to Makelele having joined and really allowing Lampard to make those runs he'd become synonymous with.

I know he's had a couple penalties this season but his goal return is looking healthy. It'll be useful for Chelsea if he can make it a consistent part of his game. In the Norwich game the first goal to get them started from the edge of the box and the last goal which had him sprinting to get into the box were both good examples of how he can influence games with goals. In the Everton game the other night I liked his one two with Rudiger and getting himself in the box, and then he finally got his goal with some good movement and drifting off of Godfrey.
I saw an interview with him recently and he's been working on getting in the box a lot more which seems to be improving his goal return.

acnumber9

He’s Chelsea’s Lingard. He’ll have spells when he looks a player but he’s remarkably average.